Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW - UNC Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

I fucking hate this team so much. Looks like fucking JV versus Varsity. North Carolina so chill and confident and just knocking down every shot like it's no big deal. Meanwhile we got fucking Crisp throwing the ball away with no time on the shot clock and Thybulle hasn't made a fucking basket all game. On top of that, the only player who came out with any fucking confidence and swag about him, Naz Carter, is on the fucking bench to start to the second half. Great decision Hop. This is pathetic. Here comes the blow out.

Your 6’6 they just need you’re rebounding ability
    Sign me up coach.
  • Options

So many orange slices being sent uw’s way

Oregon getting blown out is on the way as well. Lucky draw getting UC Irvine. But after that it's over.
    Ok!

But we aren’t talking about Oregon right now, are we?
    No, none of us UW fans are trolling an Oregon fan board because we're not fat pathetic losers.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

Difference between the teams is Crisp vs White. Those 2 switch and we may be winning.

That wouldn't help our rebounding
  • Options
    Thybulle is like 0/20 from the field.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2019

Oregon getting blown out is on the way as well. Lucky draw getting UC Irvine. But after that it's over.
    Ok!

No, none of us UW fans are trolling an Oregon fan board because we're not fat pathetic losers.
    I wasn’t trolling UW. I was trolling the announcer. Do you know what orange slices means?
  • Options
    SECisKingSECisKing Member Posts: 903
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Damn, they got nothing out of that last possession
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Disappointing end, hopefully makes Nowell want to come back to win more next year.

Where's he gonna go? His draft stock has plummeted in my mind.
    What in the world are you watching? Nowell has played himself into a second round grade this year and is being projected as such. If he leaves he's getting drafted.
  • Options

Ok!

I wasn’t trolling UW. I was trolling the announcer. Do you know what orange slices means?
    EAT MY ASS BITCH!
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Disappointing end, hopefully makes Nowell want to come back to win more next year.

I dont think its plummeted, it wasnt every really that high... He has only ever been listed on 1-2 pre draft sheets. and that was as a mid to late 2nd round pick.

Nowell should come back, work on his 3 and ball handling, and then enjoy/benefit from playing with a legitimate PG and bigman as the scoring off guard on a better team.

As it stands, his game doesnt exist in the NBA.

If he goes (im betting he does) his ranking will drop further after workouts/combine because he has below average athleticism for a NBA 2 guard.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anytime Carolina misses, I am now surprised when they don't get at least one offensive rebound.
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

I dont think its plummeted, it wasnt every really that high... He has only ever been listed on 1-2 pre draft sheets. and that was as a mid to late 2nd round pick.

Nowell should come back, work on his 3 and ball handling, and then enjoy/benefit from playing with a legitimate PG and bigman as the scoring off guard on a better team.

If he goes (im betting he does) his ranking will drop further after workouts/combine because he has below average athleticism for a NBA 2 guard.
    He needs to come back if he doesn't want to end up being the next Tony Wroten.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

godawgst said:

In any other P5 conference this is a .500 team who's playing in the NIT. We don't have a pg, Dom Green and Timmons play meaningful minutes, etc etc.

We have Nowell, they have a 8 Nowell's or better.

Oh fuck off. This team is absolutely worthy of their tourney bid. We're just playing a team that is a trendy championship pick that is loaded with talent. This isn't hard to diagnose.
    This. UNC's 6th man would be UW's best player. This was a tough draw.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Jesus Crispy Christ, I can't remember the last time he didn't get a drive blocked.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

godawgst said:

In any other P5 conference this is a .500 team who's playing in the NIT. We don't have a pg, Dom Green and Timmons play meaningful minutes, etc etc.

Oh fuck off. This team is absolutely worthy of their tourney bid. We're just playing a team that is a trendy championship pick that is loaded with talent. This isn't hard to diagnose.
    Seriously. UW is losing convincingly to the number 3 fucking team in America...we aren't there yet
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
    godawgst said:

Anytime Carolina misses, I am now surprised when they don't get at least one offensive rebound.

They are very well coached
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

godawgst said:

This. UNC's 6th man would be UW's best player the Pac-12 Player of the Year. This was a tough draw.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

He needs to come back if he doesn't want to end up being the next Tony Wroten.
    Jesus fucking Christ, there is zero similarity between Nowell and Wroten's game. If you want program comps Nowell is a less athletic Ross with a better jumper.