Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW - UNC Game Thread

Comments

• guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This team next year gives me a boner. Naz, Bey, Green, Battle and Hardy as guards, Wright, BPJ, Roberts, Stewart and Sam Timmons up front could be a pretty good looking team that contends for the pac 12 title. If you add in the real possibility of signing McDaniels you get a rare human playing MT's position at the top of the zone and we win the Pac 12 again next year and are a top five seed in the tourney. If Nowell comes back this would be a team that could contend for a final four. We would stop being undersized and scrappy and would be long, lean and scary hard to score on. We would look like Florida State. Fuckin shit, that would be a hell of a team.

Also I heard that Anthony Lamb averaged 22 a game on 41 3% shooting for Vermont is thinking of grad transferring to UW. 6”6 stretch four/3. He would be huge. Dude can score. Had 34 against Kansas when they were at full strength this year. Get him and Jaden they are game changers.

Hope Timmins sees the writing on the wall and transfers.

Lamb’s a back up plan for McDaniels. So I don’t think it happens.
    @StrongArmCobra is a 6”6 black man. Maybe we could sign him?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Difference between the teams is Crisp vs White. Those 2 switch and we may be winning.

You’re a fucking idiot if you believe that
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Houhusky said:

Disappointing end, hopefully makes Nowell want to come back to win more next year.

Where's he gonna go? His draft stock has plummeted in my mind.
    I dont think its plummeted, it wasnt every really that high... He has only ever been listed on 1-2 pre draft sheets. and that was as a mid to late 2nd round pick.

Nowell should come back, work on his 3 and ball handling, and then enjoy/benefit from playing with a legitimate PG and bigman as the scoring off guard on a better team.

As it stands, his game doesnt exist in the NBA.

If he goes (im betting he does) his ranking will drop further after workouts/combine because he has below average athleticism for a NBA 2 guard.
    He needs to come back if he doesn't want to end up being the next Tony Wroten.
    To be fair to Wroten. Nothing Romar would do the next year would have helped him. Sitting in the NBA is way better than that would have been.
    There is a myth that you develop more in the NBA because you can commit full time to basketball. In reality, a lot of guys languish on the bench, aren’t ready for the travel, get down on themselves, and nobody gives a fuck.
    For the most part. If you are a freshman and not in the first 20 picks, you should stay in college. Your body develops so much that year from 19 to 20. And let's be real, even in college all they do is play basketball. That 15 hours a week they play school isn't much.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Getting a grad transfer that can score would be huge ... particularly if Nowell leaves

Nowell should stay ... but that doesn’t mean people always make the smart decision

Getting McDaniels puts this team in as a legit Top 10-15 program next year
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

This team next year gives me a boner. Naz, Bey, Green, Battle and Hardy as guards, Wright, BPJ, Roberts, Stewart and Sam Timmons up front could be a pretty good looking team that contends for the pac 12 title. If you add in the real possibility of signing McDaniels you get a rare human playing MT's position at the top of the zone and we win the Pac 12 again next year and are a top five seed in the tourney. If Nowell comes back this would be a team that could contend for a final four. We would stop being undersized and scrappy and would be long, lean and scary hard to score on. We would look like Florida State. Fuckin shit, that would be a hell of a team.

All that sounds good except Hamier Wright needs to go be a male model or just do anything else besides basketball. He's absolutely useless with the ball in his hands. You can't be playing 4 on 5 or 3 on 5 because you've got dudes on the floor who are useless on offense. North Carolina had 5 dudes who could score on the floor at all times and that's what happens. They make it look easy blowing our shit team out.
    Baby steps. Making the tourney this year and winning a game was a big accomplishment. The talent coming in is trending up and much like football the players seem to get better under this staff. I feel Naz will be an all P12 player next year and Wright will take a step in the right direction. If he doesn't he will lose minutes to the talent coming up behind him. I happen to think he will rise to the occasion. JMO
    That's nice of you to say but I'm trying to be realistic here. Wright has been here for two years and every time he scores a bucket it's still a huge surprise as if it's some bonus points nobody was expecting. He's terrible and I don't see him getting much better. I agree, the talent is looking good and there's reason for optimism but not with Wright or Timmins.
    I respect your pessimism and the fact that you didn't jizz AIDS all over my response but Syracuse always seemed to have guys like Wright. Non factors for two and sometimes three years and then as seniors they gave you solid 10pts, 4rb seasons while playing great zone defense having been in the system for four years. A guy names Duany or Duaney? is a guy like this. Not as tall as Wright but was basically a dud for two years and his junior and senior years he was a very solid contributor. I don't think he was as tall as HW either. Kid may not develop, but I'm betting he does.
    That's nice. Can he develop in practice and then sit the bench during games until he's not useless on offense?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,790
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

All that sounds good except Hamier Wright needs to go be a male model or just do anything else besides basketball. He's absolutely useless with the ball in his hands. You can't be playing 4 on 5 or 3 on 5 because you've got dudes on the floor who are useless on offense. North Carolina had 5 dudes who could score on the floor at all times and that's what happens. They make it look easy blowing our shit team out.
    Baby steps. Making the tourney this year and winning a game was a big accomplishment. The talent coming in is trending up and much like football the players seem to get better under this staff. I feel Naz will be an all P12 player next year and Wright will take a step in the right direction. If he doesn't he will lose minutes to the talent coming up behind him. I happen to think he will rise to the occasion. JMO
    That's nice of you to say but I'm trying to be realistic here. Wright has been here for two years and every time he scores a bucket it's still a huge surprise as if it's some bonus points nobody was expecting. He's terrible and I don't see him getting much better. I agree, the talent is looking good and there's reason for optimism but not with Wright or Timmins.
    I respect your pessimism and the fact that you didn't jizz AIDS all over my response but Syracuse always seemed to have guys like Wright. Non factors for two and sometimes three years and then as seniors they gave you solid 10pts, 4rb seasons while playing great zone defense having been in the system for four years. A guy names Duany or Duaney? is a guy like this. Not as tall as Wright but was basically a dud for two years and his junior and senior years he was a very solid contributor. I don't think he was as tall as HW either. Kid may not develop, but I'm betting he does.
    That's nice. Can he develop in practice and then sit the bench during games until he's not useless on offense?
    We didn’t have anyone this year. Next year we will.
    edited March 2019
    guntlove said:

Also I heard that Anthony Lamb averaged 22 a game on 41 3% shooting for Vermont is thinking of grad transferring to UW. 6”6 stretch four/3. He would be huge. Dude can score. Had 34 against Kansas when they were at full strength this year. Get him and Jaden they are game changers.

@StrongArmCobra is a 6”6 black man. Maybe we could sign him?
    I'd be an upgrade over Hameir Wright. I can tell you that much. My 5 years of YMCA pick up game playing > Hamier Wright's 2 years of college ball.

We didn’t have anyone this year. Next year we will.
    That's what I'm saying.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

I don’t know anything about Lamb, but sounds like more of a Nowell replacement. Your source says he’s thinking of coming here?
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dawgs206 said:

I don’t know anything about Lamb, but sounds like more of a Nowell replacement. Your source says he’s thinking of coming here?
    Of course i did some twitter stalking after BTP mentioned him, sure seems like a lot of people are expecting the kid to transfer this year to maximize his draft status for 2020. I 💜 Rochester.
    edited March 2019
    dawgs206 said:

Nah he’s a stretch four type. He’s only 6”6 but one of the top shooters in the country. Can play the 3 because he can handle it. Can post, take people off the bounce, spot up, and even hit off balance off the dribble 3s and 2s. He’s an elite college player.
    Anthony Igelisas an incoming walk-on actually trains Anthony Lamb in the off-season. He’s going to contribute a lot in the skill development program outside of practice. He’s a huge get.

He also trains Jalen Pickett from Sienna who some think might go late round 1.
    Also another Anthony Lamb connection 👀
    We are using our walk-on program as a way to develop future assistant coaches and for player development.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

Anthony Igelisas an incoming walk-on actually trains Anthony Lamb in the off-season. He’s going to contribute a lot in the skill development program outside of practice. He’s a huge get.

He also trains Jalen Pickett from Sienna who some think might go late round 1.

Hop is building one of the most impressive programs up and down: four coaches with very specialized assets, using the walk-on program for additional coaching/PD, wonderkids for analytics, elevating the nutrition & medical staffs, it’s beyond impressive. Anyone who thought/still thinks he’s going anywhere isn’t looking beyond the first paragraph in his Wikipedia page.
    Sorry, still hearing cohen blundered.
    LOL