Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Marquis Spiker and Austin Osborne

What do you guys figure the odds are that we see healthy dose of these 2 next year?

I'm pretty tired of trotting out these midget WR's who never seem to get separation. As far as I'm concerned give Fuller some run, let McClatcher return kicks and run the occasional screen, and say fuck you to Baccellia. This position group is used to getting bullied, they're weak and I'd love to see us dominate over the top for fucking once.

I wanna see Eason out there with some big targets. Osborne 6'3 (outside) ... Spiker 6'3 (slot) ... Jones 6'4 (outside) ... coupled with Hunter Bryant... Jesus, that's scary.

Comments

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Baccellia actually got better as the year went on. Hopefully he can juke and break tackles, not just run fast in a straight line. Fuller is good, Jones has potential. If Chin can be a really poor man's Ross and Spiker and Osborne contribute, this could actually be a position of strength. Especially with Bryant and Otton being studs

Chincredible
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    When was the last time a UW WR that never played as a true freshman made any sort of contribution to the team in their career?

Jerome Pathon?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

When was the last time a UW WR that never played as a true freshman made any sort of contribution to the team in their career?

Jerome Pathon?

IIRC pathon had already played his freshman year in Canadian university football back east and won the freshman award.

So he was already kind of seasoned plus he was super talented.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    HuskyJW said:

Jerome Pathon?

Travis Spring redshirted and he got an award named after him!
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Osborne and Spiker couldn't beat out Chin and a guy that guy moved to DB.

I don't know what to make of this and it stresses me out.

I'm thinking the situation isn't dire though. Ozzy and Spiker must look good or UW would have recruited the position harder last year. Instead they settled for a developmental guy and were willing to stop there if one of the Puka/Ford/McCoy trio couldn't be reeled in. They wouldn't have used that approach if the two freshmen weren't showing promise, right?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

HuskyJW said:

Jerome Pathon?

Travis Spring redshirted and he got an award named after him!
    Too soon
    Don't tell Paolo!
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    There is no poor man's Ross on the current roster. Unfortunately.