Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marquis Spiker and Austin Osborne

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

My Doog wet dream is for us to have a formation where we utilize Yanker at BTE and get him to throw double passes for us.

I cream over the all the combos we can have with an energized Ty (6-4), Spiker (6-3), Auzzy (6-2), Puka (6-2), Hunter (6-2) and Otton (6-5) with Terrell in the slot (he’s 6-1, 195 with a 4.48).

I think a lot of what was completely shit about our pass game was that Jake just looked for Fuller and so some of our other guys just let it slip a bit.

I want a QB that literally breathes fire. Anything less is a complete fail.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Osborne and Spiker couldn't beat out Chin and a guy that guy moved to DB.

Harsh, but fair.
    What trips me out is I think they are talented and am not writing them off, just something is broken if they've couldn't see the field with the new red shirt rule.

How can they be carving up our 1 defense with Eason and not get a sniff in the 4 freebe redshirt games? Do our coaches not know how to take advantage of the new rule? Were they overrated? Do Hamdan/Pete command so little respect they couldn't go over Lubbick to get results? Were they just incompetent and blindsided by him being "checked out"? Browning was that bad?
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I doubt Spiker and Osborne not playing was less about ability and more about stupidly believing that Fuller and Baccellia would perform because they have been around for a little bit.

Sometimes talent overshadows experience and this coaching staff gets fooled some times in their assessment.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    Doogles said:

I'm hearing we have a new WR coach this season that relates better to fast twitch athletes.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,540
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Doogles said:

I don't know what to make of this and it stresses me out.

I'm thinking the situation isn't dire though. Ozzy and Spiker must look good or UW would have recruited the position harder last year. Instead they settled for a developmental guy and were willing to stop there if one of the Puka/Ford/McCoy trio couldn't be reeled in. They wouldn't have used that approach if the two freshmen weren't showing promise, right?
    All the rumors from last season was that Both (but especially Spiker) looked really good on scout team and it was surprising that they weren’t playing yet.

From what I read and heard the coaches didn’t think Spiker was big enough to last and needed more weight on him. They also wanted both to keep getting continuity with Skinny.

Lake specifically said that once a week they asked Skinny to break from the typical scout team plan try and carve up the defense with Spiker Ozzy and Lowe, and he said they always made it super difficult on the 1st team defense.
    When Bryant was recuperating was he included in that group? That would verify the comment his GF's dad made to me about Bryant dying to get on the field with him dropping the passes right into his hands rather than making ESPN hi-lite catches.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Baphomet said:

Doogles said:

I'm hearing we have a new WR coach this season that relates better to fast twitch athletes.
    Spiker and Osbourne aren't fast twitch
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

Not fair, they were redshirted. Most Freshman in this program don't get a legit chance to compete for playing time. JFC this isn't the Sark era. Guys have to learn the playbook, learn the skills the coaches are teaching them, and earn the trust of the coaches in practice. It takes time. That's like saying "True Freshman Vita Vea couldn't beat out Evan Hudson and redshirted, he must suck." Stop fucking doing this stupid shit. True freshman who are better players than veteran guys ahead of them redshirt every fucking year in this program for the betterment of the team long term.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

Baphomet said:

Doogles said:

Spiker and Osbourne aren't fast twitch
    Are they at least medium-fast?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Not fair, they were redshirted. Most Freshman in this program don't get a legit chance to compete for playing time. JFC this isn't the Sark era. Guys have to learn the playbook, learn the skills the coaches are teaching them, and earn the trust of the coaches in practice. It takes time. That's like saying "True Freshman Vita Vea couldn't beat out Evan Hudson and redshirted, he must suck." Stop fucking doing this stupid shit. True freshman who are better players than veteran guys ahead of them redshirt every fucking year in this program for the betterment of the team long term.
    They had 4 free games to play and get experience while keeping their redshirt. It's a failure to not find a way for them to get snaps considering how talented they are.
    Like all the freshman who redshirt, Osborne and Spiker were running scout team in practice you moron. Scout team does not get you prepared to play games. You're out there running the opposing teams plays to prepare the defense for the game. Like I fucking said, once it's decided a guy is gonna redshirt, he's not able to compete for meaningful playing time or a starting job unless his redshirt is burned. Being able to play in four games doesn't mean shit. That just means guys who redshirt have a chance to play some garbage time minutes or special teams in four games. Unfortunately, the offense sucked and almost every game was way closer than it should have been so there was zero garbage time minutes available for guys like Osborne and Spiker to get some playing time at the end of the season.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

They had 4 free games to play and get experience while keeping their redshirt. It's a failure to not find a way for them to get snaps considering how talented they are.
    I'm sure the plan was to use them in garbage time last year, but we struggled in pretty much every game and never really blew anyone out.

From October through the end of the year, the only game with garbage time was Oregon State. I guess they thought it made more sense to leave the first team out there and try to fix what was wrong than put in true freshman to get a 4-5 snaps.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Like all the freshman who redshirt, Osborne and Spiker were running scout team in practice you moron. Scout team does not get you prepared to play games. You're out there running the opposing teams plays to prepare the defense for the game. Like I fucking said, once it's decided a guy is gonna redshirt, he's not able to compete for meaningful playing time or a starting job unless his redshirt is burned. Being able to play in four games doesn't mean shit. That just means guys who redshirt have a chance to play some garbage time minutes or special teams in four games. Unfortunately, the offense sucked and almost every game was way closer than it should have been so there was zero garbage time minutes available for guys like Osborne and Spiker to get some playing time at the end of the season.
    If I was being paid damn near a half million dollars I'd find a way to design a few plays including some basic concepts like a post route that my nephew can figure out when I draw it on my hand.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I trust the coaches who have failed to put together a decent offense in 5 years here

It takes a minute
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Doogles said:

Doogles said:

And yet redshirts at other positions saw the field.

You're terrible at this.
    In fucking garbage time and on special teams you fucking retard! The only true Freshman who even got a couple garbage time minutes against North Dakota were Tuli Letuligasnoa and Zion Tupuola-Fetui. And were talking like less than 10 snaps. What fucking true Freshman that redshirted got any real playing time? There were none you moron. You're terrible at this.