Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump said he wouldn’t cut Medicaid, Social Security and Medicaid

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Spending needs to be cut. Including military. Cuts to nearly every agency, if not eliminating some altogether are needed.

I'd start with 15% off the military budget for openers, and then trim significant chunks (25%+) off all entitlement programs and completely do away with useless shit like the National Endowment for the Arts. Oh yeah, and huge cuts to the Department of Education (lolwut?) and the EPA (FTG). There are probably tons of meaningless agencies that could be shuttered completely.
    Cut 100% to the UN and 75% of foreign aid. Cut 100% of foreign aid to where they chant "death to America".
    The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them
    Absolutely correct. And mall cop would squeal like a stuck pig if you cut any of his entitlements.

Raising taxes is inevitable. We could start now and reduce the pain.
    I don't have entitlements.

Yes, you do. We all do.
    Define entitlements as currently used.

If I paid for it is it an entitlement?

Seems that they started putting that word on welfare, SNAP etc. Things that were not paid for by the recipients.
    They're entitlements, even if you paid into them.
    That's a new definition.

So your paycheck is an entitlement. I get that. Same with paying into retirement etc.

Since when is welfare etc. an entitlement? Obama? Only thing I can come up with.
    If you're entitled by law to a benefit, it's an entitlement.
    As much as I hate to agree with O'Keefed here, he is correct.

Entitlement Programs of the federal government include Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, Unemployment and Welfare Programs. Entitlement programs are rights granted to citizens and certain non-citizens by federal law. Entitlement programs can be broken into non-contributory and contributory programs. Non-contributory programs are free handouts - they equal "something for nothing". Contributory programs must be earned - they equal "something for something".
    Fucking lib speak. You're entitled if you pay in then. You're not entitled to Shit if you didn't pay. That's the way the world worked before sensitive people came along.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,776
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Spending needs to be cut. Including military. Cuts to nearly every agency, if not eliminating some altogether are needed.

I'd start with 15% off the military budget for openers, and then trim significant chunks (25%+) off all entitlement programs and completely do away with useless shit like the National Endowment for the Arts. Oh yeah, and huge cuts to the Department of Education (lolwut?) and the EPA (FTG). There are probably tons of meaningless agencies that could be shuttered completely.
    Cut 100% to the UN and 75% of foreign aid. Cut 100% of foreign aid to where they chant "death to America".
    The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them
    Absolutely correct. And mall cop would squeal like a stuck pig if you cut any of his entitlements.

Raising taxes is inevitable. We could start now and reduce the pain.
    I don't have entitlements.

Yes, you do. We all do.
    Define entitlements as currently used.

If I paid for it is it an entitlement?

Seems that they started putting that word on welfare, SNAP etc. Things that were not paid for by the recipients.
    They're entitlements, even if you paid into them.
    HRYK - I paid in, I'm entitled to pay out. That's simple fiduciary responsibility on behalf of the gubmint.

Those that didn't pay in, aren't entitled.

Entitlement has taken on an entirely different meaning than its original definition. Someone twisted.