Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rocketman: First full trailer for joyous st full trailer for joyous Elton John biopic

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,659
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Love that fat fingered little fuck. Fortunate to have seen him live - not during his glory years - but dude puts on a show.

May have to scout out a roadtrip and catch a stop on his farewell tour.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,659

I saw him in the early 70's at the Coliseum on the tour for the Levon album. What a show. We thought he was flamboyant. Turned out he was gay. Who knew? Or cared?

Truth-

For as much whining as the gays do now -back in the 70's and 80's people lapped that shit up. Nobody gave a fuck. Just wanted a good beat that was easy to dance to.

Relax, don't do it
    When you want to come
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saw the farewell tour at Staples and took my mom. Had a fucking blast. Man played for like 3+ hours straight. Fucking real entertainer.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One of my best frens and cock swain has a late 90's DCC reissue pressing of Elton John's Greatest Hits. Rocket Man on this is like you've never heard. Makes on trip balls like you wouldn't expect listening to Elton.
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061

I saw him in the early 70's at the Coliseum on the tour for the Levon album. What a show. We thought he was flamboyant. Turned out he was gay. Who knew? Or cared?

You old fucking geezers got to see all the GOOD shows. I hate you.

It was awesome!
    Swaye's Wigwam

You old fucking geezers got to see all the GOOD shows. I hate you.

It was awesome!
    I hate you too Popeye
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    80s Elton John >>>>>

Also - sounds like the Throbber doth protest too much: closest case narrative bullseye.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You can whine into my dick any day Throbby!
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

80s Elton John >>>>>

Also - sounds like the Throbber doth protest too much: closest case narrative bullseye.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

What i"m suggesting is back then, people gave no fucks. I honestly believe race relations were better in the late 70's and 80's than today. Maybe it was where I was at relative to my world exposure - but seriously, gave not a second thought EVER about one's race. Ever. It's cliche now to say "well, I have a black friend.."......but I DID. Bunches of black friends, in fact - and they're still my guys. We gave not a shit about our color - we were just balling out (that's basketball, don't get all excited) and smoking weed and talking shit. Maybe that wasn't the case in the deep South but in my little corner of the world, it was all good.

Same with the gays. In fact, a couple gay guys in my fraternity - one of whom passed on from the AIDS. We knew it. In hindsight it was probably sad they couldn't be more open about it -but again, they were our bros and we loved them. Gave literally no shits either direction. Smoked weed, talked shit - and then they went off and smoked pole. Didn't give it a second thought.

I've never denied that we're all a little gay. So maybe just a handie, @Dennis_DeYoung
    Skipped to this part and really enjoyed the poast as a result.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This BTW is Elton’s greatest song. 1970- 72 was his peak. 73- 75 was still great but that’s when the excess started to set in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nc89WbvJOuA

80s Elton John >>>>>

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

What i"m suggesting is back then, people gave no fucks. I honestly believe race relations were better in the late 70's and 80's than today. Maybe it was where I was at relative to my world exposure - but seriously, gave not a second thought EVER about one's race. Ever. It's cliche now to say "well, I have a black friend.."......but I DID. Bunches of black friends, in fact - and they're still my guys. We gave not a shit about our color - we were just balling out (that's basketball, don't get all excited) and smoking weed and talking shit. Maybe that wasn't the case in the deep South but in my little corner of the world, it was all good.

Same with the gays. In fact, a couple gay guys in my fraternity - one of whom passed on from the AIDS. We knew it. In hindsight it was probably sad they couldn't be more open about it -but again, they were our bros and we loved them. Gave literally no shits either direction. Smoked weed, talked shit - and then they went off and smoked pole. Didn't give it a second thought.

I've never denied that we're all a little gay. So maybe just a handie, @Dennis_DeYoung
    Weed seems to be the key factor.

This BTW is Elton’s greatest song. 1970- 72 was his peak. 73- 75 was still great but that’s when the excess started to set in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nc89WbvJOuA

https://youtu.be/mire1WJKdR8

Always loved this also.