Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deserves it's own WOOF!

13»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Last year he got Jackson Sirmon - who was told by his own father that he had to go to Washington... and MJ Tafisi whose best offer was UW.

Let's be objective.

Look at Malloe - who EVERYONE KNOWS I raked over the coals.

Malloe was point or co-point on ELEVEN guys this year. Of those eleven two of them were generational recruits for us (Latu and Tuitele) and he beat blue bloods for tons of guys.

Bob's biggest recruiting win so far is Camilo Eifler. And like 70% of black kids in our program - he didn't pan out.

You guys want to keep evaluating outcomes instead of process on this type of thing and hype up guys who suck. I like Bob as a guy and I think he's a good coach...

BUT HERE IS THE TEST ON EVERY ONE OF OUR COACHES...

If CP replaced them tomorrow with a guy that CP would hire (like, say Peter Sirmon)... would that guy be a worse on-field coach? Would he be a worse recruiter?

If you evaluate this staff based on comparisons to guys who coached under Sark or whatever, then yeah everyone (on D) looks fucking super!

However, as you guys know - the HC sets the culture. I suspect Bob is a pretty fucking good LB coach, but he's definitely not much of a recruiter and he sure as fuck can't coach special teams.

Wouldn't it be fun to get Justin Flowe next year? I think so. Pete Sirmon could do it. Bob won't.

Although, I will say - our LB class is going to be epic this next year, through no fault of Bob's.

Dennis, wtf do you know about the process? You bash position coaches when recruiting results for their group are poor. In Gregory's case you bash them when they're good. On what info are you basing your insistence that he doesn't get credit for 2019?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Last year he got Jackson Sirmon - who was told by his own father that he had to go to Washington... and MJ Tafisi whose best offer was UW.

Let's be objective.

Look at Malloe - who EVERYONE KNOWS I raked over the coals.

Malloe was point or co-point on ELEVEN guys this year. Of those eleven two of them were generational recruits for us (Latu and Tuitele) and he beat blue bloods for tons of guys.

Bob's biggest recruiting win so far is Camilo Eifler. And like 70% of black kids in our program - he didn't pan out.

You guys want to keep evaluating outcomes instead of process on this type of thing and hype up guys who suck. I like Bob as a guy and I think he's a good coach...

BUT HERE IS THE TEST ON EVERY ONE OF OUR COACHES...

If CP replaced them tomorrow with a guy that CP would hire (like, say Peter Sirmon)... would that guy be a worse on-field coach? Would he be a worse recruiter?

If you evaluate this staff based on comparisons to guys who coached under Sark or whatever, then yeah everyone (on D) looks fucking super!

However, as you guys know - the HC sets the culture. I suspect Bob is a pretty fucking good LB coach, but he's definitely not much of a recruiter and he sure as fuck can't coach special teams.

Wouldn't it be fun to get Justin Flowe next year? I think so. Pete Sirmon could do it. Bob won't.

Although, I will say - our LB class is going to be epic this next year, through no fault of Bob's.

Dennis, wtf do you know about the process? You bash position coaches when recruiting results for their group are poor. In Gregory's case you bash them when they're good. On what info are you basing your insistence that he doesn't get credit for 2019?
    Hey dumb fuck....This is DDY facts are for losers Radical cursing and anti white racism for the win motherfucker. Say anything enough times and it become the truth.