Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump to keep the government open

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-says-trump-prepared-to-sign-border-security-bill-and-will-declare-national-emergency

Before the Senate vote, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said the president would sign the compromise bill, and would take executive action to unlock other federal dollars for the wall.

“President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action -- including a national emergency -- to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis at the border," Sanders said in a statement. "The president is once again delivering on his promise to build the wall, protect the border, and secure our great country.”

Asked if they were afraid of legal challenges, Sarah said, “We are very prepared but there shouldn’t be. The president is doing his job and Congress should do theirs.”

There are at least 30 national emergencies in effect in the United States as of this month, according to a tabulation prepared by the Congressional Research Service.

Kind of takes the edge off the there is no emergency argument IMHO

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2019
    Last week it wasn’t a national emergency, this week it is.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hawaiian judge to block in 3,2,...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not one but 30 national emergencies this week

Trump has been promising to do this if he kept getting shit deals from Chuck and Nancy
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Executives gonna Execute
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Trump has been promising to do this if he kept getting shit deals from Chuck and Nancy

Now it's Chuck and Nancy's fault? Trump's team controlled Congress for two years. What changed that this is now an emergency?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2019

They date all the way back to Carter. People are just weary of setting the precedent to use them as a loophole for funding pet projects.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Now it's Chuck and Nancy's fault? Trump's team controlled Congress for two years. What changed that this is now an emergency?

Pathetic. Paul Ryan, Jeff Flake and John McCain approve of your ignorance. If you think for a moment that the republicans controlled anything with all those idiot RINOs in place, wait, you are an idiot.... never mind.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My buddy is Homeland down south and he went 35 days without pay, and welcomes another shutdown if it means that we don't get our border security put in place. I asked if this was a unanimous feeling between him and his colleagues.... "Yup, without a doubt. We know who is to blame and we are sick of the democrats and their petty vindictive crap" The only reason to oppose our border barrier is either because your Trump Derangement Syndrome is on overload, you are involved in the running of goods, you hate America, you hope to bring illegal alien crimes to your neighborhood or are an idiot. I'm sure there are a few more reasons there, but please go on and tell me how $150 billion (or whatever) was fine to send to Iran.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

Weird how Mr. Context never provides the "context" regarding this supposed "control" the GOP had.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814
    A pen and a phone bitches!
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Weird how Mr. Context never provides the "context" regarding this supposed "control" the GOP had.
    They had more control than Chuck and Nancy do now. Idiot.

I remember the wall funding bill they brought up and Democrats denied. Don't you?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

They had more control than Chuck and Nancy do now. Idiot.

I remember the wall funding bill they brought up and Democrats denied. Don't you?
    And the goal posts get moved.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    The evidence may shift and mutate, old evidence debunked and discarded, new evidence discovered or simply invented, but that wonderful CONCLUSION remains eternal and unchanging.

People are extremely egotistical when it comes to ideas. Especially very stupid people, who have so few ideas, and therefore each idea is especially valuable to them.

Once they have a stupid ego-flattering, worldview-confirming idea stuck in their stupid heads, they will do all sorts of stupid things to protect it.

Describes Hondo perfectly.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    Postal91 said:

My buddy is Homeland down south and he went 35 days without pay, and welcomes another shutdown if it means that we don't get our border security put in place. I asked if this was a unanimous feeling between him and his colleagues.... "Yup, without a doubt. We know who is to blame and we are sick of the democrats and their petty vindictive crap" The only reason to oppose our border barrier is either because your Trump Derangement Syndrome is on overload, you are involved in the running of goods, you hate America, you hope to bring illegal alien crimes to your neighborhood or are an idiot. I'm sure there are a few more reasons there, but please go on and tell me how $150 billion (or whatever) was fine to send to Iran.

The kicker on this meandering incoherent post is amazing, and an example of what happens when your mind gets melted by conservative media
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Postal91 said:

The kicker on this meandering incoherent post is amazing, and an example of what happens when your mind gets melted by conservative media
    Sure is a good thing you're not impacted by liberal media.

Obama gear isn’t the official uniform of racism like the MAGA hat is

As I recall you were all in on the MAGA hat wearing kids being a bunch of racists.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Postal91 said:

As I recall you were all in on the MAGA hat wearing kids being a bunch of racists.
    Yeah, they are a bunch of racists
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Postal91 said:

Got it, Kids you don't know, are all a bunch of racist because they wore MAGA hats. What's is like being a fucking bigot?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Postal91 said:

Got it, Kids you don't know, are all a bunch of racist because they wore MAGA hats. What's is like being a fucking bigot?
    If you wear a MAGA hat in 2019 you’re all in for Trump who is a demonstrated racist and whose political movement and policies are racist. It’s pretty simple. I’d think the same of anyone wearing Reagan/Bush ‘84 apparel.
  • Options
    In the conservative ecosystem there is nothing worse than being a called a racist for doing racist things