Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You know how I know your news source is lying?

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Yes that's my point. What do you think "net zero, rather than zero emissions" means?

But you are ok to run shade for CNBC to lie about it.
    I don't watch NBC News

Its fake

HTH

Obviously you do since linked it. That would make it your news source

People tend to remember the original roll out. 10 years. Blame AOC she did it
    Then why are you commenting on it? This is CNBC, which is conservative. And your news source says the same thing. Not to mention your shitposts trying to show that the GND says it wants 100% renewable.

Struggling today race?
    Why am I commenting on a board designed for people to comment on?

Is this a trick question?

I'm not struggling at all. We all know who is. Badly

The GND launched at 100% renewable. With the planet at stake I'm not willing to compromise on that.

NBC is conservative. As we like to say, no
    It's CNBC idiot. Not NBC.

And no it's not 100% renewable in 10 years. That's just how gullible you are. Your news source says it so you think it's true.
    Literally laughing out loud

Harvey Ardman
    Harvey Ardman, 50 years a journalist, author of 22 books. (1961-present)
    Answered Mar 28, 2017 · Author has 11.1k answers and 5.6m answer views
    NBC is one of the big three major broadcast networks (the other two are ABC and CBS). It offers a wide variety of entertainment, talk shows and hard news programs. CNBC is its cable business channel and MSNBC is its cable all-talk news outlet, focusing on political news with a distinct liberal slant.
    Yes and the business channel is more conservative, tho they do bag on Trump at times. Being a business channel, they side conservative on those issues siding with business. Just as this article is siding with business as lying.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    but but but but but but

Calls me an idiot. Doesn't know CNBC is NBC

but but but but but but

Calls me an idiot. Doesn't know CNBC is NBC

Yes it's owned by NBC but it's not NBC. Your own link says that.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    2001400ex said:

Democratic liberals, including all of the senators currently running for president, have come out in support of the legislation, which calls for generating 100 percent of the nation's power from renewable sources within 10 years.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/12/mitch-mcconnell-to-force-the-senate-to-vote-on-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-green-new-deal.html

What was the news source you were citing that told you blacks couldn't drink from public water fountains in the 1970s Hondo?

Is she literally calling for a fight till death?
    Religion can bring out the worst in people. Nothing like a just cause and a true believer to start stacking bodies like cord wood

Extremism in the defense of the planet is no vice
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Democratic liberals, including all of the senators currently running for president, have come out in support of the legislation, which calls for generating 100 percent of the nation's power from renewable sources within 10 years.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/12/mitch-mcconnell-to-force-the-senate-to-vote-on-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-green-new-deal.html

What was the news source you were citing that told you blacks couldn't drink from public water fountains in the 1970s Hondo?
    Bob thinks 100% of the country complied with the civil Rights act in 1964/1965. How cute.
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Bob thinks 100% of the country complied with the civil Rights act in 1964/1965. How cute.
    Backtracking already?

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Backtracking already?
    El oh el
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Backtracking already?
    El oh el
    What does that mean?

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Backtracking already?
    El oh el
    What does that mean?
    That I'm laughing at you.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I guess it is easier to laugh at me than admit you're a dumbass

When did segregated water fountains end?
    Ben Steelman
    StarNews
    That’s a good question, and it’s a tough one to answer.

Segregation of public facilities — including water fountains and restrooms — was officially outlawed by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson on July 2, 1964, after a rare cloture vote in the U.S. Senate. (Sen. Robert F. Byrd, D-W.Va., a former Klansman, spoke against the bill on the Senate floor for 14 hours, 13 minutes straight.)

U.S. Rep. Alton A. Lennon of Wilmington, a Democrat who represented North Carolina’s 7th District at the time, and North Carolina’s U.S. senators, Democrats B. Everett Jordan and Sam J. Ervin Jr., all voted against the measure.

In Raleigh, Wilmington and other Southern cities, local businesses seem to have complied grudgingly but promptly. (Local historian Susan Taylor Block remembers watching the water fountains being removed from the downtown J.C. Penney store when she was a young girl.) In smaller towns and rural areas, however, old Jim Crow customs lingered a little while longer.

The questioner specifically mentioned H.L. Green’s dime store, which was at 258 N. Front St., Wilmington [Map this], until around 1967. That was one of a number of stores and offices with segregated fountains.

Local history librarian Beverly Tetterton still remembers seeing fading “White” and “Colored” signs on the restrooms of shuttered gas stations when she first came to town in the 1970s.

Elliott Erwin of Magnum Photos took a celebrated black-and-white photo of a segregated water fountain in North Carolina in 1950.

Date posted: June 5, 2009

I guess you were talking about shuttered gas stations then
    edited February 2019

Ben Steelman
    StarNews

Segregation of public facilities — including water fountains and restrooms — was officially outlawed by the Civil Rights Act of 1964, signed into law by President Lyndon B. Johnson on July 2, 1964, after a rare cloture vote in the U.S. Senate. (Sen. Robert F. Byrd, D-W.Va., a former Klansman, spoke against the bill on the Senate floor for 14 hours, 13 minutes straight.)

U.S. Rep. Alton A. Lennon of Wilmington, a Democrat who represented North Carolina’s 7th District at the time, and North Carolina’s U.S. senators, Democrats B. Everett Jordan and Sam J. Ervin Jr., all voted against the measure.

In Raleigh, Wilmington and other Southern cities, local businesses seem to have complied grudgingly but promptly. (Local historian Susan Taylor Block remembers watching the water fountains being removed from the downtown J.C. Penney store when she was a young girl.) In smaller towns and rural areas, however, old Jim Crow customs lingered a little while longer.

The questioner specifically mentioned H.L. Green’s dime store, which was at 258 N. Front St., Wilmington [Map this], until around 1967. That was one of a number of stores and offices with segregated fountains.

Local history librarian Beverly Tetterton still remembers seeing fading “White” and “Colored” signs on the restrooms of shuttered gas stations when she first came to town in the 1970s.

Elliott Erwin of Magnum Photos took a celebrated black-and-white photo of a segregated water fountain in North Carolina in 1950.

Read my original quote. I didn't say everywhere. I didn't even say it was widespread. But there were some racist small towns where that shit was still going on. And you are an ignorant old white dude from the West coast if you don't get that. And your quote says as much. If you actually read it.
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Where was it that Blacks couldn't drink out of public water fountains in the 1970s Hondo?
    2001400ex said:

Ben Steelman
    StarNews

Read my original quote. I didn't say everywhere. I didn't even say it was widespread. But there were some racist small towns where that shit was still going on. And you are an ignorant old white dude from the West coast if you don't get that. And your quote says as much. If you actually read it.
    How about one example now that you have back tracked all the way to some small town somewhere and does that still excuse the Democrats in Virginia for being racist?

El oh El!!!!

Read for comprehension?

You live in a white nationalist state cracker
    2001400ex said:

Ben Steelman
    StarNews

You said there were many places in the 1970s where blacks couldn't drink from public water fountains. Where were they and how did they stop blacks from doing so? Did they arrest them? Beat them? Surely you've got some evidence to back up that ignorant mouth of yours Hondo.

And you weren't talking about a single isolated incident Hondo. You were claiming that it was still a practice that continued in many places.
    2001400ex said:

Ben Steelman
    StarNews

You always know when Hondo is lying when he starts denying things he was never accused of. No one said that you said "everywhere" Hondo. Why don't you provide the quote of what you said Hondo?

2001400ex said:

Ben Steelman
    StarNews

How about one example now that you have back tracked all the way to some small town somewhere and does that still excuse the Democrats in Virginia for being racist?

El oh El!!!!

Read for comprehension?

Your own quote even says that southern towns that complied did so begrudgingly.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Ben Steelman
    StarNews

El oh El!!!!

Read for comprehension?

Your own quote even says that southern towns that complied did so begrudgingly.
    Complied. Grudgingly or not they complied. It also says promptly. Did you miss that?

El oh El!!!!!!!

Give us just one town hondo. Link?