Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bruce Wayne lives

2»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think more needs to be said about USC's recent neutering in the recruiting game. Yes, their on-field product sucked this year, which absolutely contributed to their struggles. But it sure looks like this newer generation of LA kids are a lot more willing to leave the SoCal bubble than they have been in year's past. USC use to have about as much trouble as Texas did in just sleepwalking their way into landing local blue chip after blue chip. You always knew, regardless of who was doing the recruiting, that there was a large contingent of very talent recruits that just had no interest in leaving the greater LA area. That trend seems to be, or has already faded. USC may be losing their biggest inherent advantage that they've had for decades, and that opportunity can't be overlooked.

SC will eventually make a great hire and be BACK. Their upside is the same it has always been.

The big difference is they aren’t guaranteed to have top ten classes in the meantime like they always have been.
    I'm going to be legitimately worried if they manage to get Franklin this year.
    Wait, what? Is that a legitimate rumor? Why would Franklin leave Penn State for USC?

We can argue ad nauseum about which is a better job and I would probably agree USC is by a small margin.

But Franklin is from Pennsylvania, played D2 college ball in Pennsylvania, and has spent only 2 of his 26 year coaching career west of Kansas.
    Heard from several SC boosters(and one actual bigger booster) at this point that this is who they plan to pursue. Whether they can manage it *shrug. Their AD is a fucking mess so feel free to laugh at the idea right now.

As to the fear, it isn't like Pete couldn't beat him but I don't want him coming THIS year because we need 2020 recruiting to continue the trajectory and realistically he could bite into that. By 2021 it probably isn't going to matter who they get unless it's the next Saban, Dabo, Meyer, etc.

Why do you guys hate rooting for another year of Helton?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I think more needs to be said about USC's recent neutering in the recruiting game. Yes, their on-field product sucked this year, which absolutely contributed to their struggles. But it sure looks like this newer generation of LA kids are a lot more willing to leave the SoCal bubble than they have been in year's past. USC use to have about as much trouble as Texas did in just sleepwalking their way into landing local blue chip after blue chip. You always knew, regardless of who was doing the recruiting, that there was a large contingent of very talent recruits that just had no interest in leaving the greater LA area. That trend seems to be, or has already faded. USC may be losing their biggest inherent advantage that they've had for decades, and that opportunity can't be overlooked.

SC will eventually make a great hire and be BACK. Their upside is the same it has always been.

The big difference is they aren’t guaranteed to have top ten classes in the meantime like they always have been.
    Wait, what? Is that a legitimate rumor? Why would Franklin leave Penn State for USC?

We can argue ad nauseum about which is a better job and I would probably agree USC is by a small margin.

But Franklin is from Pennsylvania, played D2 college ball in Pennsylvania, and has spent only 2 of his 26 year coaching career west of Kansas.
    Heard from several SC boosters(and one actual bigger booster) at this point that this is who they plan to pursue. Whether they can manage it *shrug. Their AD is a fucking mess so feel free to laugh at the idea right now.

As to the fear, it isn't like Pete couldn't beat him but I don't want him coming THIS year because we need 2020 recruiting to continue the trajectory and realistically he could bite into that. By 2021 it probably isn't going to matter who they get unless it's the next Saban, Dabo, Meyer, etc.

Helton isn't going to make it to the end of the season let alone to 2020.
    Come on you are smarter than that dnc, thankfully usc has as that is more incompetent than helton. He makes it
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Come on you are smarter than that dnc, thankfully usc has as that is more incompetent than helton. He makes it
    I’m the one who guaranteed he wasn’t getting fired after 2018. I’m also guaranteeing he’ll be fired after 2019.

Book it.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I’m the one who guaranteed he wasn’t getting fired after 2018. I’m also guaranteeing he’ll be fired after 2019.

Book it.
    Its textbook that he should have been fired and everyone knows it

2007 Hawaii all over again

2019 is going to be brutal for USC
    Yep.

Country Legend fires hisself this year. Only suspense is if Swann will let him corch our the season Pool Boy sTyLe.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I’m hearing Sean mcveay had some high school friends he played Madden with that Swann is looking at.

Which is a total shame, Helton is the greatest coach of our life tim. His coaching greatness is only overshadowed by the greatness of his character.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    urban is available