Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019

Domicillo said:
    Are there any parents more obnoxious than Oregon parents? STFU hoe.
    Coming from the guy that had half of The 100+ page Asa Turner recruiting thread.
    Actually it was mostly Domers trolling and a debate about which school has better academics between UW and Notre Dame. I left the Asa stuff alone for a while. I'm not posting on an Oregon board or on Twitter begging for crystal balls. Jesus Christ.
    No, but a few of the guys here were
    I wouldn't know and don't care.
    I think you do...
    No, all I care about is winning and getting the best recruits. UW is doing that. They can still do better but the program is making strides and on a path to greatness so I can't complain too much.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Canadawg said:

I'm late for all the RB nonsense but for what it's worth Achmed is clearly afraid to get hit. Not sure if you can train that out of someone....

Had high hopes for him in 2018 but he didn't make any progress so it looks to me like he will continue to be a gimmicky back that goes down on first contact. That is if he doesnt start trying to QB slide.

This is true, he definitely shies away from contact. That can improve somewhat but by no means will he ever be a banger like Chris Polk. But when he's fast enough to just run right past people and get yards that way it doesn't matter. There's a bunch of different ways to skin a cat. There's nothing gimmicky about him. He's been a real RB his whole life. UW using him in the "chico role" was just to get him on the field with Gaskin. Now that Gaskin is out of his way he has more of an opportunity to show off his ability as a true RB. How is 5.8 yards per carry not making progress?
    5.8 yards per carry on 90 touches (many being sweeps) is different than 5.8 yards per carry on 230 touches. Ahmed has never had to grind out yardage throughout a game. We'll see if he can this season.
    There is no arguing with him. UW is going dynasty next season.
    I know you base your whole season on one game, but you can’t be a dynasty for one season.
    Lol. Nope Oregon is 4 year removed from the NC. That’s ripe.

See what I did there? See what Oregon has never done there?

K. Thx
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Canadawg said:

I'm late for all the RB nonsense but for what it's worth Achmed is clearly afraid to get hit. Not sure if you can train that out of someone....

Had high hopes for him in 2018 but he didn't make any progress so it looks to me like he will continue to be a gimmicky back that goes down on first contact. That is if he doesnt start trying to QB slide.

This is true, he definitely shies away from contact. That can improve somewhat but by no means will he ever be a banger like Chris Polk. But when he's fast enough to just run right past people and get yards that way it doesn't matter. There's a bunch of different ways to skin a cat. There's nothing gimmicky about him. He's been a real RB his whole life. UW using him in the "chico role" was just to get him on the field with Gaskin. Now that Gaskin is out of his way he has more of an opportunity to show off his ability as a true RB. How is 5.8 yards per carry not making progress?
    5.8 yards per carry on 90 touches (many being sweeps) is different than 5.8 yards per carry on 230 touches. Ahmed has never had to grind out yardage throughout a game. We'll see if he can this season.
    I know you base your whole season on one game, but you can’t be a dynasty for one season.
    And in just four years your program completely collapsed and will never get back to that level of success ever again.
    We back.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Canadawg said:

And in just four years your program completely collapsed and will never get back to that level of success ever again.
    We back.
    Yes you are. Back to being #4 in the North division. You're almost back to where you traditionally belong. Battling the Beavs for last place.
  • Options
    Oregon is pretty much favored next year. That and give Mario another class like this and it’s game over.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

lawsandl said:

Oregon is pretty much favored next year. That and give Mario another class like this and it’s game over.

Off season natty confirmed
    It’s really simple. We return all but 4 starters and get an infusion of talent. Likewise, looks like Cristobal is making a home run hire at WR coach. UW probably falls off a bit. It’s on paper but I am not making this shit up.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peterman said:

lawsandl said:

You stupid fuck
    What else needs to be said
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Who can

lawsandl said:

Who can compete with that?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

Domicillo said:
    Coming from the guy that had half of The 100+ page Asa Turner recruiting thread.
    “Guy”. LOL
    I'm not your guy, buddy
  • Options
    Peterman said:

lawsandl said:

You stupid fuck
    Gotcha
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fuck Nacua if he don’t come to worshington. We got Jordan Chin
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

It’s really simple. We return all but 4 starters and get an infusion of talent. Likewise, looks like Cristobal is making a home run hire at WR coach. UW probably falls off a bit. It’s on paper but I am not making this shit up.
    On paper Oregon is the 4th best team in the North. Maybe 5th if Cal gets their offense back on track. Will be extra amusing when quooks are arguing whether their recruiting rankings were overrated or their coaching staff sucks or both just like SC fans are arguing about.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

On paper Oregon is the 4th best team in the North. Maybe 5th if Cal gets their offense back on track.

Say our WRs. More talent incoming...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

On paper Oregon is the 4th best team in the North. Maybe 5th if Cal gets their offense back on track.

Cool. Not sure how many balls they're gonna catch blanketed by UW's DB's with Justin Herbert on his back.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Talent ain’t worth a dawm if the coaching is shit.

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Domicillo said:
    What an annoying twat, how dare does she care about her son's future?
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Damn, it took three money bag emojis for Nacua?

That seems kind of steep for a 4-star WR. His mom drives a hard bargain.
  • Options

Domicillo said:
    What an annoying twat, how dare does she care about her son's future?
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Damn, it took three money bag emojis for Nacua?

That seems kind of steep for a 4-star WR. His mom drives a hard bargain.
    Oregon has a monopoly on lonely, single Poly moms who run their son's recruitment. I think Coach Joe is taking one for the team and fucking them so Oregon can sign their sons.