Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tax hike!!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Not meant for you Race, quoted the wrong post and can’t edit it

• Options
    I probably should have done a 80-10-10.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

As a Sole Prop I get to use my 24K standard deduction and nothing changed with my schedule C. Yes...my taxes went down bigly this year. No problem here

Having a sole prop doesn't change your itemized deductions. HTH
    You’re a fucking idiot.

https://www.mileiq.com/blog/pass-through-tax-deduction/
    Hi there smart guy. Is that an itemized deduction?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

As a Sole Prop I get to use my 24K standard deduction and nothing changed with my schedule C. Yes...my taxes went down bigly this year. No problem here

You’re a fucking idiot.

Hey there dumbfuck. It’s how a sole proprietor would get a tax cut with all else being equal. Fuck nuts
    No shit. That has nothing to do with the discussion we had tho.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    This is the most MAGA thread ever.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

2001400ex said:

Correct, but since I make too much to be able write off mortgage insurance, mine and my wife's standard deduction was higher. This year the standard deduction is a lot higher.
    Mortgage insurance? 😂😂🤣
    Yep. 10% down in my id 20's for a house. How's your overpriced apartment?
    Mom doesn't charge him that much for hours basement "command center"
  • Options
    I just paid for the new house I built. Don't owe anything to anyone.

Still have rental houses but I'm slowly getting rid of them.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Have you seen what greenbob has achieved bobsled? In this WTGWT-trumptastic economy? Hang in there, my uncompetitive friend.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Have you seen what greenbob has achieved bobsled? In this WTGWT-trumptastic economy? Hang in there, my uncompetitive friend.
    I already did my competing. Your still salvaging bunions. Waiting for your parents to die isn't a good investment strategy.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I already did my competing. Your still salvaging bunions. Waiting for your parents to die isn't a good investment strategy.
    He got cocky again once his welfare checks returned.
  • Options

And yes my twilio stock is at $113, I bought it at $28 in 17’...so yeah. I made about 80k on it. And you wonder why I didn’t just take that out and pay it off. Well...I have about 6 months left of PMI, and I am getting rid of it 2 years early by paying ahead. And my current rate of return plus tax consequence pretty much makes it a wash, so why waste my time now? Most of the gains have been in the last year.

You sound pathetic.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You’re a fucking idiot.

Hey there dumbfuck. It’s how a sole proprietor would get a tax cut with all else being equal. Fuck nuts
    No shit. That has nothing to do with the discussion we had tho.
    Bullshit.

Stop trying to cover your dumb ass
  • Options

And yes my twilio stock is at $113, I bought it at $28 in 17’...so yeah. I made about 80k on it. And you wonder why I didn’t just take that out and pay it off. Well...I have about 6 months left of PMI, and I am getting rid of it 2 years early by paying ahead. And my current rate of return plus tax consequence pretty much makes it a wash, so why waste my time now? Most of the gains have been in the last year.

You sound pathetic.
    Cdawg is hoping for a day when painting the house doesn't involve Earl Scheib.

AOC gives him hope!
  • Options

You sound pathetic.
    You seem bitter...it’s ok, one day you’ll be able to love with yourself. There’s help out there for people like you.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

Correct, but since I make too much to be able write off mortgage insurance, mine and my wife's standard deduction was higher. This year the standard deduction is a lot higher.
    Mortgage insurance? 😂😂🤣
    3% down will get you into a sweet townhouse
    I put 10% down, needed 20% to not get the mortgage insurance. But I'm sure lot's of guys in their mid 20's have 20% lying around...
    Most people either refi in a couple years to drop pmi or do a 80/10.
    The first years of a loan you're not paying much principal, mostly interest, so unless the property appreciates, uh, appreciably, refi-ing to get out of PMI isn't possible unless you've been paying extra principal above the regular mortgage amount every month

I've owned 3 homes
    . One I was responsible and had more than 20% down. The other two I did not, one I was young and broke, the other I had my cash working for me. Both of those, I refinanced to drop PMI, one was in the 2000s with crazy appreciation. The other was a foreclosure in 09 that I essentially stole from the bank and was able to refinance in about 18 months.

But yes if you are buying a house in a bidding war and homes don't continue to appreciate, that doesn't work.

Another way is like you said, pay it down to the 20%. I don't pay more on my mortgage than the minimum. My rate is at 3.25% and I get way more than that for my cash in other ways. To each their own.
    No you haven't. Liar.

Ask me how I know.

• Options
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

2001400ex said:

Mortgage insurance? 😂😂🤣
    3% down will get you into a sweet townhouse
    I put 10% down, needed 20% to not get the mortgage insurance. But I'm sure lot's of guys in their mid 20's have 20% lying around...
    Most people either refi in a couple years to drop pmi or do a 80/10.
    The first years of a loan you're not paying much principal, mostly interest, so unless the property appreciates, uh, appreciably, refi-ing to get out of PMI isn't possible unless you've been paying extra principal above the regular mortgage amount every month

I've owned 3 homes
    . One I was responsible and had more than 20% down. The other two I did not, one I was young and broke, the other I had my cash working for me. Both of those, I refinanced to drop PMI, one was in the 2000s with crazy appreciation. The other was a foreclosure in 09 that I essentially stole from the bank and was able to refinance in about 18 months.

But yes if you are buying a house in a bidding war and homes don't continue to appreciate, that doesn't work.

Another way is like you said, pay it down to the 20%. I don't pay more on my mortgage than the minimum. My rate is at 3.25% and I get way more than that for my cash in other ways. To each their own.
    No you haven't. Liar.

Ask me how I know.

You know how I know you are poor?