Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck this

2»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    How much is pete’s Byuout?

There's a continuum between being 'trust-worthy' and 'lust-worthy'. We are pretty much exclusively playing the beta, trust-worthy strategy.

What CLIMPSUN can do is combine trust-worthy and lust-worthy to great effect, whereas Oregon is just lust-worthy.

In the end, alphas tend to want that Bruce Wayne signal. They want to wait until the end and see if you have the right game to close the deal.

We don't. I would like us to get it, but I doubt we will. As our brand builds slightly we might, but I mean - it's not likely to build very fast in that direction.

As such, we should really fucking try hard to figure out the formula we used on D this year and do that at all positions every year.

OKAY - WE ARE NOT GOING TO CLOSE WELL... let's stop fucking hinging our whole fucking offensive class on it, thanks!

Let's make contingency plans based on maximizing our strengths and minimizing our weaknesses!!

OH WAIT BUT WHAT IF A STRATEGY CAN WORK FOR OTHER PEOPLE AND US SOMETIMES SHOULDN'T WE STILL USE IT?!?!

Scratch-ticket bullshit.

Given that Pete is our coach and this is his pitch, you would think he would be fucking smart enough to realize kids like Ngata who wrap up in the summer - that's who we need to get. And kids that want to go down to the wire are not going to buy what we sell.

EVERY FUCKING SALES FORCE KNOWS THIS FUCKING CHRIST. PLAY TO OUR STRENGTHS.

We just signed the best fucking D class in our history. We don't need to close better (it would be nice, but we are unlikely to), we need to MIDDLE better and hire some fucking guys on offense who can recruit.

Spoiler: we don't have any outside of Bush and Huff and Bush got blown out for 2020 QBs because of timing.

You guys realize Paopao had Dissly go into the NFL and couldn't get ONE FUCKING PLAYER to sign this year, right?

Have you considered doing lean? I would recommend for you
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019

Not having a decent qb is what the recruiting discussion is about

He's not a bystander

Actually, I think Pete's bystanding was a big part of the problem. Letting Smiffy influence QB recruiting and QB coaching was a terrible call.

Especially with Smiffy being the Try-Hard QB of all time.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 14
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    The Jake Browning Effect.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I we aren't in it to win it then recruit three star try hards who will pay us to come here. Stop wasting time on guys who have their hand out if you aren't going to golden handshake it. Instead of crying while Oregon and the SEC punk us do something about it you faggot loser fucker Petersen

If you want guys that won't shrivel up into soft faggot losers in the Rose Bowl then fucking go out and pay for them.

We don't do it the right way. We do it the wrong way The NCAA is out of fucking business. Its the wild wild west.

Hat on the table mable schmable bullshit fuck off get the 5 stars or get the fuck out.

We didn't waste time on going after jobs where our competitors were buying off the client because we didn't do that. It would have been stupid to put in a bunch of time only to lose the job at the end to the fuckwad who paid to get it. And we knew where all of this was happening and where it wasn't

For fucks sake close the fucking deal once in a fucking while and stop looking like pussies in every big game we play

Hate me all you want but I'm right

So, you want to roll, Race? Would you like to throw the dirt?

My gloves have been repaired, and I will Game you. . . .
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    Baseman said:

Screw the offense. Punt and keep our defense on the field. We have amazing DL depth. Rotate those suckers through.

Think the PAC-12 Championship. If our defense wins the time of possession, they will score in bunches and we? will win. A lot.

The end

We've given away two straight NY6 Bowl games because of a offensive three-and-outs and giving the ball back to good offenses that shoved it up our NFL-bound DBs asses.

Offense fucking matters. First downs matter. Time of possession matters. It all matters. It should be obvious by now.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Agree with Race. CP and his team are never going to out recruit Mario and his team. They are tireless and relentless.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

There's a continuum between being 'trust-worthy' and 'lust-worthy'. We are pretty much exclusively playing the beta, trust-worthy strategy.

What CLIMPSUN can do is combine trust-worthy and lust-worthy to great effect, whereas Oregon is just lust-worthy.

In the end, alphas tend to want that Bruce Wayne signal. They want to wait until the end and see if you have the right game to close the deal.

We don't. I would like us to get it, but I doubt we will. As our brand builds slightly we might, but I mean - it's not likely to build very fast in that direction.

As such, we should really fucking try hard to figure out the formula we used on D this year and do that at all positions every year.

OKAY - WE ARE NOT GOING TO CLOSE WELL... let's stop fucking hinging our whole fucking offensive class on it, thanks!

Let's make contingency plans based on maximizing our strengths and minimizing our weaknesses!!

OH WAIT BUT WHAT IF A STRATEGY CAN WORK FOR OTHER PEOPLE AND US SOMETIMES SHOULDN'T WE STILL USE IT?!?!

Scratch-ticket bullshit.

Given that Pete is our coach and this is his pitch, you would think he would be fucking smart enough to realize kids like Ngata who wrap up in the summer - that's who we need to get. And kids that want to go down to the wire are not going to buy what we sell.

EVERY FUCKING SALES FORCE KNOWS THIS FUCKING CHRIST. PLAY TO OUR STRENGTHS.

We just signed the best fucking D class in our history. We don't need to close better (it would be nice, but we are unlikely to), we need to MIDDLE better and hire some fucking guys on offense who can recruit.

Spoiler: we don't have any outside of Bush and Huff and Bush got blown out for 2020 QBs because of timing.

You guys realize Paopao had Dissly go into the NFL and couldn't get ONE FUCKING PLAYER to sign this year, right?

But the summer is when coaches need to be with their families and post pics of northwest salmon fishing and crabbing with Metallica playing
    If we are bashing getting crabs while listening to Metallica I am out!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Screw the offense. Punt and keep our defense on the field. We have amazing DL depth. Rotate those suckers through.

Think the PAC-12 Championship. If our defense wins the time of possession, they will score in bunches and we? will win. A lot.

The end

We've given away two straight NY6 Bowl games because of a offensive three-and-outs and giving the ball back to good offenses that shoved it up our NFL-bound DBs asses.

Offense fucking matters. First downs matter. Time of possession matters. It all matters. It should be obvious by now.
    This is certainly true. However the edge rush should be significantly improved going forward which will help the defense keep from struggling in those situations.