Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A tale of two sides of the Ball - the Pete is an offensive genius, right? Class.

So, after our offense swirled around the fucking toilet like the unflushable turd it is this year, our offensive recruiting did the exact same fucking thing.

QB: We took a guy who stopped growing when he was 11. I'm not hating on Dylan, whatever. C

RB: Going into the year we had 3 guys we looked good for: Cam Davis, Zach Charbonnet and Austin Jones. We got Davis (good) before he had any big offers, then decided to stop recruiting Austin only to get blown out on Charbonnet. Great job!

WR: This is the second year in the past 4 where our class was total shit because we have a white guy at WR coach that got mad he wasn't the OC and stopped recruiting. Great staff management Pete. Listen, it could be that the Junior Adams hire is really to get Smalls on board and that he can't fuck up Egbuka or whatever, but the dude has fucking shaving bumps and looks stoned constantly. He is about as low energy as they come and he did a great job getting blown out on Puka even though he recruited him for the same amount of time Oregon did - except they don't have a WR coach.

TE: lolololololol - if only we had an offense that highlighted TEs! Or, we just had bad luck!! Or...

To say that Paopao cannot fucking recruit is an insult to Brent Pease.

What the fuck happened here? This is probably as bad as a skill position O class as we've had since... well, you know 2016, but whatever. This is probably a NATTY LEVEL CLASS with the amazing offensive coaching Pete is known for!!

Actually - it completely fucking sucks.

Defense - best class ever. Good thing we only took 3 HS OL tho.

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Pretty much sums it up. Our D recruiters fuck. Our O recruiters get fucked.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 766
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Did we just stop recruiting Ennok? Felt like he was in search of a home.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I try to think of it like this - our last three bowl games have been vs. Bama, PSU and Ohio State. I don't know why we don't judge our classes by 'can we beat teams like that'?

On defense, does this class make us competitive with them? FUCK YES IT DOES. I mean, we've been pretty fucking competitive on D with classes that are about HALF this good. If you told me this time last year we get Tuitele, Bandes, Pa'ama, Latu, Trice, Heimuli, Calvert, McDuffie and Asa Turner I would have said you were fucking insane.

Conversely, on offense, if you told me our only WR would be Taj Davis and we wouldn't be able to sign a TE - I would've said everyone should be - well, not killed of course, but you know... have a bad fate.

This O class isn't going to cut it against PSU, Bama and tOSU.

Next year is make or break for our O recruiting and we have Sleepy Adams, the Shaving Bump Prince recruiting the most important WR class of our time. We have Mr. Moobs trying to close guys he won't ever get near and Paopao is going to have to land an out of state TE. We turned down Gee Scott - and I think our plan next year is the same as this year at WR.

2020's O class is the most important one ever because this was such a failure. And we've already gotten blown out at QB.