Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I can’t handle the ups and downs

2»

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

chuck said:

So it looks like UW closes with Hammer, Turner, and maybe Nacua and Williams eh? An a+ close would have had Ford in it. Getting Nacua would only drop it to a solid A and that's just because they had Ford higher on their board not because I think he's substantially better. Holding onto Hammer and Turner and landing Williams, but no Nacua, still wouldn't be worse than a B or B-.

I think I'll be able to cope. Looks like more ups than downs in the closing weeks.

Why are we concluding they had Ford over Nacua? We pursued Nacua throughout the entirety of the summer, and have kept pursuing him after his SC commitment while we apparently dropped Ford after he committed.

I don't know that I'd put Nacua higher but it sure seems like UW did.
    Inconclusive either way. They could have thought from the get-go that the odds of landing Nacua were better and allocated their resources accordingly. Or they could have not. Either way, it was never interesting.
    *Chinconclusive

And I'm fine with that non confusion. I don't think there's a good argument for them having Ford higher based on the evidence though. The evidence either says they wanted Nacua more or that we don't know/can't know.
  • Options
    Not good news on Nacua for sure.

I'd rank them Heimuli, Turner, TootToot, Nacua in order of importance (but with no major gaps in there, all four are important), so I guess he's the one of the four I'd be most okay with not getting. But that still stings.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,931
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Now, Heimuli still looks a lock but Turner seems more likely a dwag than not, Toottoot seems back in play and Nacua is tripping here with his mom (and Heimuli).

We aren’t gonna get all four of them but even two of them is a better finish than it appeared even a couple days ago and three wouldn’t be completely ridiculous.

So all four seem like they're still in play, along with a few 3 star 5th DB types. I'm just going to assume we take a 5th DB and assume he'll be good because of Jimmy Lake and that they're basically all the same. The finish to this class is going to be determined by what happens with Heimuli, Turner, To'oto'o and Nacua.

Get none of them - double bogey, fire everybody.
    Get one of them - bogey, fire most people.
    Get two of them - par, fire somebody.
    Get four of them - birdie, coach stays.
    Get all of them - plan the natty parade for 2021!

Right now I think we're most likely to get two or three of them, I'll go ahead and predict three. Four would be absolutely amazing.

One week of this madness to go and then we can start bitching about the 2020 class!

@dirtysouwfdawg
    Free pub bitches!!
  • Options

Not good news on Nacua for sure.

I'd rank them Heimuli, Turner, TootToot, Nacua in order of importance (but with no major gaps in there, all four are important), so I guess he's the one of the four I'd be most okay with not getting. But that still stings.
    Nacua isn't the most important but I'd really like to see a win on the offensive side as we move into next year.
    This brings up something I've been working on (DOT, coming soon)
  • Options

A couple days ago I damn near mad a thread about how we were gonna finish with Heimuli and a bunch of 3 star backup plans and what a disappointment that was after last years abruce Wayne performance and our excellence this year in the early signing period.

Now, Heimuli still looks a lot but Turner seems more likely a dwag than not, Toottoot seems back in okay and Nacua is tripping here with his mom (and Heimuli).

We aren’t gonna get all four of them but even two of them is a better finish than it appeared even a couple days ago and three wouldn’t be completely ridiculous.

This last 12 days are gonna be hell.

I love it.

Four for four seems to be in play. Anything less than 3 for 4 would be a disappointment at this point.

Doog it up.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Hamma? Pouk? Toots?

All or LEAVE!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,575
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Stick to basketball doog