Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HARDCORE HUSKY PODCAST: Penix Stands Firm in leading UW over Kent State

2»

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,786
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

3 Metallica songs
    2 Nirvana songs
    2 Rob Zombie songs
    Drowning pool
    Mudvayne
    AC/DC
    Of course Purple Haze at the beginning
    Off the top of my head

I don't like how it's turned into a NBA game with the seizure inducing advertising, announcer yelling, "Third down!" 50 times a game, and constant music, but if they have to play music, good choices...
    One observation is I thought they toned that down a bit from last year. I remember the Montana game last year that DJ Supa Sam or whatever was on the screen a lot and he only appeared twice I think. Moving the Husky Legend to after the first quarter was interesting and I'd love to know what the reasoning is.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

3 Metallica songs
    2 Nirvana songs
    2 Rob Zombie songs
    Drowning pool
    Mudvayne
    AC/DC
    Off the top of my head

I don't like how it's turned into a NBA game with the seizure inducing advertising, announcer yelling, "Third down!" 50 times a game, and constant music, but if they have to play music, good choices...
    Moving the Husky Legend to after the first quarter was interesting and I'd love to know what the reasoning is.
    Pretty easily explained. You had 25,000 at a shitty game against a nobody that started at 7:30. By 9:30, there'd be 8,500 left.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,251
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

3 Metallica songs
    2 Nirvana songs
    2 Rob Zombie songs
    Drowning pool
    Mudvayne
    AC/DC
    Off the top of my head

Moving the Husky Legend to after the first quarter was interesting and I'd love to know what the reasoning is.
    Pretty easily explained. You had 25,000 at a shitty game against a nobody that started at 7:30. By 9:30, there'd be 8,500 left.
    There has been blowouts, good or bad, where I felt bad for the legend that little attendance was left so I think I’m fine with the move
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,549
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

LawDawg1 said:

3 Metallica songs
    2 Nirvana songs
    2 Rob Zombie songs
    Drowning pool
    Mudvayne
    AC/DC
    Off the top of my head

There has been blowouts, good or bad, where I felt bad for the legend that little attendance was left so I think I’m fine with the move
    I pity the Husky legend who was it for the 2010 Stanford game
  • Options
    Founders Club

LawDawg1 said:

3 Metallica songs
    2 Nirvana songs
    2 Rob Zombie songs
    Drowning pool
    Mudvayne
    AC/DC
    Off the top of my head

I have sent the email inquiring about it. Worst home experience of my lifetim
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,549
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

LawDawg1 said:

3 Metallica songs
    2 Nirvana songs
    2 Rob Zombie songs
    Drowning pool
    Mudvayne
    AC/DC
    Off the top of my head

I have sent the email inquiring about it. Worst home experience of my lifetim
    Only time I ever left at halftime
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756

LawDawg1 said:

3 Metallica songs
    2 Nirvana songs
    2 Rob Zombie songs
    Drowning pool
    Mudvayne
    AC/DC
    Off the top of my head

I left before the end of the 3rd quarter. Only other game I left early was UCLA in 08 because we took the boat from Ivar’s and the bartender was hot. I think his name was Lance. Maybe Shane. Can’t remember for sure.
    You were confused by the cheese fountain next to him. I get it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,773
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Go mother fucking huskies.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,773
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

I actually enjoyed watching the game. Can’t really say I have enjoyed any games in 3 years.

The offense actually flowed and the plays made sense. That hasn’t happened in what feels like fucking decades.

Defense looked meh but not going to overreact yet.

We felt in control the entire game which thank fucking goodness. Sweating games out against Montana was laughable.

I want to believe in Penix but too many seasons of shit QB play still has me skeptical when I probably shouldn’t.

Eason against BYU made for good dreams.
    BYU is like playing Clark College.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    haie said:

LawDawg1 said:

I actually enjoyed watching the game. Can’t really say I have enjoyed any games in 3 years.

The offense actually flowed and the plays made sense. That hasn’t happened in what feels like fucking decades.

Defense looked meh but not going to overreact yet.

We felt in control the entire game which thank fucking goodness. Sweating games out against Montana was laughable.

I want to believe in Penix but too many seasons of shit QB play still has me skeptical when I probably shouldn’t.

Eason against BYU made for good dreams.
    BYU is like playing Clark College.
    We watched that game and then were lead to believe Zach Wilson was a messiah the next year
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I felt like the Mike Leach QB coaching style worked for us, “Throw it to the open guy”. Looking forward to seeing more.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,704
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Offensively the best part to me was that, on pretty much every key play (3rd downs mainly), they called something that looked like it was almost fail safe. They knew exactly what would work and made it look easy. That never happened under Petersen and obviously not Lake either.

Defensively i think the front 7 played better than most recognized. The only guys I saw looking like shit were Tunuufi, Bandes, and Peihopa. Not all the time necessarily but on a couple plays where I keyed on them.