Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Where Should Big Ten Expand Next?

2»

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

I check out this guy, Greg Flugaur, every few days for the latest on expansion. Guy has easily been the best for info.

He has a YouTube channel. He called usc and ucla months before it happened.

Today he dropped a bomb with Washington. Because of double dip scheduling and overall reception with the B1G, their chances are great. They think it means Oregon/Washington are a package deal.

It also looks like the B1G has cooled on Stanford and Cal.

I’m sure in the meeting with Oregon there had to have been some discussion on research dollars, because that shit is embarrassing. Oregon needs to increase research spending pronto, or at least provide a promised increase going forward.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2022
    We’re going to see mostly 7 pm UO/UW home games when this goes down.

• Options
    46XiJCAB said:

We’re going to see mostly 7 pm UO/UW home games when this goes down.

I’m sure about half the homes games will be. But you do what needs to be done.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The B1G had SC bring their little brother along, Oregon the same.

• Options
    46XiJCAB said:

The B1G had SC bring their little brother along, Oregon the same.

Jesus…
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,546
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I thought Oregon already lost the big noise advantage after the remodel. Partly because it started to cost real money so the riff raff didn't show but also because it expanded

The 2000 game hurt my ears

Similar to Husky Stadium. The old 60,000 place was louder than the expanded 72,000

Again because of cost keeping out the Auburn and Kent fans it became a lot less rabid

I’ll agree to an extent. The loudest I’ve ever heard Autzen was after the renovation when Michigan came in 03. You need the Salem/Springfield contingent representing at Autzen to make it the buzz saw it had always been through the 90s and early 2000s….

That said, it isn’t nearly as consistent as it was while Oregon was ascending to prominence during my time as an undergrad.

The loudest I’ve ever heard Husky Stadium was probably 00 against Oregon State. My first game there was 99 for Oregon and it was ear splitting at times.

Noise has always been more about the fans in attendance than the shape of the stadium. “New HS” has coincided with a pretty dramatic change in the fan profile at home games. Even during the 15/16 seasons, Husky Stadium seemed very tame when compared with what I’d grown used to over the years.

I go to 1-2 Husky games a year and I’ll take my kids to a couple this year as well, as all of my friends in Seattle are UW grads. HS is great in early September but it’s pretty miserable in November, especially when they’re pointed toward a 4th place finish in the N division.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGitCj63bnE

Huskies are next!! I think we know who teams 17 and 18 are. Little brother, big brother, who fucking cares. For survival, this is the one time Huskies and Ducks needs to unite and make shit happen. Plenty of time to hate each other. And it’s always better to hate each other when it means something. Being outside the B1G or SEC takes the meaning out of it. For the love of hate, we need to join up and get this shit done!

BTW, subscribe to this guy’s channel. He is dialed the fuck in.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGitCj63bnE

Huskies are next!! I think we know who teams 17 and 18 are. Little brother, big brother, who fucking cares. For survival, this is the one time Huskies and Ducks needs to unite and make shit happen. Plenty of time to hate each other. And it’s always better to hate each other when it means something. Being outside the B1G or SEC takes the meaning out of it. For the love of hate, we need to join up and get this shit done!

BTW, subscribe to this guy’s channel. He is dialed the fuck in.

It's good that after 2 months of just weird signals (taking Pac 12 logo off of graphics, not showing up to P12MD or giving the cagey answer Oregon AD gave about TV contract) that it's finally about to happen and the dominoes can just fall the way they should now.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Oregon and Washington are next to the Big 45. Cook it.

I predict it will do nothing to help either school and fucks up natural rivalries.

20 school conference is like two conferences with an arrangement. That’s all. Fucking Stupid. But it’ll happen.