Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Two Huskies projected to be first round picks in 2015

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/24563966/big-board-oregon-qb-marcus-mariota-on-top-for-2015-nfl-draft

Although I think this list is bullshit once I read Kevin Hogan listed as the 10th best prospect.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    I also will say right now no fucking way Kasen is a first round pick. Sorry but slow WR's with a major injury in their career don't go in the first round.

I think Kasen can be a fine WR in the NFL but no way would I want my team wasting a first round pick on him.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,572
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I feel like Kikaha and Shelton are much likelier to go in the first than those two.

Hogan would be lucky to go in the 5th round IMO, the fuck is that author smoking?

• Options

I'd bet any amount of money that Hogan won't be a first round pick.

With QB's you never know but I'll agree with you on this one. I think Shaq is going to blow up and the Sark fans will take credit for him. However, I'll give the credit to Petersen.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2014
    Our defense should be very good this year. Shelton, Shaq, Kikaha, and Peters are guys who should be as good as any in the conference at their respective positions. All these guys will be high draft picks. The best prospect and an almost certain first round pick is Peters.

Edit- Note from Jude on Kikaha:

A great nugget from ESPN.com’s KC Joyer, who noted that Kikaha’s 45 combined quarterback hurries and knockdowns last season, according to Stats LLC, tied him with Pitt’s Aaron Donald — a first-round pick by the Rams last week — and “and ahead of such first-round pass-rushing luminaries as Anthony Barr (27), Dee Ford (28) and Marcus Smith (37). A showing of equal or near equal impact of this caliber would help vault Kikaha into certain first-round consideration despite his injury history.”
  • Options

Our defense should be very good this year. Shelton, Shaq, Kikaha, and Peters are guys who should be as good as any in the conference at their respective positions. All these guys will be high draft picks. The best prospect and an almost certain first round pick is Peters.

Disagree. Eklund has talked to scouts and GM's who said he won't be. I trust Eklund's opinion over yours. Sure he can't reveal who his sources are and he's wrong 81% of the time but I still trust his opinion over yours.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I expected to see Peters when I opened the link. For the second player I wasn't sure, I guess I can buy Shaq if he improves. No way Kasen is a 1st round pick. Kikaha without the injury history, if he has another good season, would have been a 1st rounder as well I think.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Kikaha might be my favorite player. Love his motor.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    TTJ said:

No Atoe?

I keep forgetting he's still on our roster. I think Atoe needs to reach Ossai legendary status.
  • Options
    OssaiCanYouSeeOssaiCanYouSee Member Posts: 7
    5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Any list without Ossai is bullshit. Simple fact.

#Preach
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    This is surprising, I thought Rob Rang was better than this.

On a side note, does Ben Ossai realize what legendary status he is reaching? Any way Derek can get a hold of his publicist to set up an interview?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This is surprising, I thought Rob Rang was better than this.

On a side note, does Ben Ossai realize what legendary status he is reaching? Any way Derek can get a hold of his publicist to set up an interview?

Maybe the entire interview could be conducted on twatter?
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

No Atoe?

I keep forgetting he's still on our roster. I think Atoe needs to reach Ossai legendary status.
    He's in line, waiting right behind Kohler to be the next to take this coveted spot.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I'm too busy laughing at Mariota following the Matt Barkley career path.

Dude was a moron for choosing to come back.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Who is going to give Mariota what Al Afalava gave to Jack Lockner?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheGlove said:

Who is going to give Mariota what Momma Lockner gave to Jack Lockner?

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

Who is going to give Mariota what Al Afalava gave to Jack Lockner?

Isaiah Stanback.