Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
«13

Comments

  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,537
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary
    "Knight has been 'working the phones' cold-calling decision-makers in other conferences to see if they're interested in adding Oregon, according to CBS Sports."

    The qucks here assure me that he's not cold calling though.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 83,567
    Swaye's Wigwam 50000 Comments 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes
    This call may be recorded

    Hi I'm Phil Knight and I'm calling on behalf of Oregon University. Do you need any teams in your conference? We have a great brand. Everyone says so.
    haie46XiJCABDerekJohnsongreenblood
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 13,655
    10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments

    This call may be recorded

    Hi I'm Phil Knight and I'm calling on behalf of Oregon University. Do you need any teams in your conference? We have a great brand. Everyone says so.

    I’m torn. I find this embarrassing as hell, but at the same time, I appreciate the fucking effort.
  • trubluetrublue Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,124
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes
    edited July 12
    The article is based on the comment(s) of one CBS Reporter.

    Big headlines. Lots of speculation and rumors. Very slim on substance.

    Repeating allegations made by another reporter?

    It raises plenty of questions the author should have asked his source and plenty of questions to address to the author of this shit.

    Who? What? When? Where? Why? et al.

    Specifics?

    Click bait at it’s finest.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 9,709
    2,500 Up Votes 2,500 Awesomes 5000 Comments 250 Answers
    Sitting and staring at the phone is much better.

    Jen.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 9,709
    2,500 Up Votes 2,500 Awesomes 5000 Comments 250 Answers
    Why is it that people seem to believe that the Pac-12 can't say fuck it and go after 4 Big12 schools for a total of 14. Two divisions E/W with a CCG in Vegas. Poach Baylor, TCU, Houston and Okie St. Solid FB, BB and Baseball.

    You get DFW and Houston TV markets. And Texas recruiting. Add a time zone. Hell throw a bone to Kansas and KSU. Let the remains of the Big12 find suitable schools to reformulate the Conference.

    The new conference would be the Big-Pac14.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 83,567
    Swaye's Wigwam 50000 Comments 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes
    If Ucla can't leave then they run LA. With or without Stanford leaving the Pac looks better

    Ucla and Cal hold down California
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 6,937
    5,000 Up Votes 5,000 Awesomes 5000 Comments 250 Answers
    46XiJCAB said:

    Why is it that people seem to believe that the Pac-12 can't say fuck it and go after 4 Big12 schools for a total of 14. Two divisions E/W with a CCG in Vegas. Poach Baylor, TCU, Houston and Okie St. Solid FB, BB and Baseball.

    You get DFW and Houston TV markets. And Texas recruiting. Add a time zone. Hell throw a bone to Kansas and KSU. Let the remains of the Big12 find suitable schools to reformulate the Conference.

    The new conference would be the Big-Pac14.

    If you're a B12 school, would you really want to join the full PAC as a minority member after seeing how inept the school leadership has been the past 10+ years?
    DerekJohnson
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 9,709
    2,500 Up Votes 2,500 Awesomes 5000 Comments 250 Answers
    Big12 just announced a new commissioner so we shall see how well they’re run moving forward. I like George K. thus far.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,537
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary
    46XiJCAB said:

    Sitting and staring at the phone is much better.

    Jen.

    We don't have to do anything, because B1G respects us more.

    #Academies
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,537
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary
    trublue said:

    The article is based on the comment(s) of one CBS Reporter.

    Big headlines. Lots of speculation and rumors. Very slim on substance.

    Repeating allegations made by another reporter?

    It raises plenty of questions the author should have asked his source and plenty of questions to address to the author of this shit.

    Who? What? When? Where? Why? et al.

    Specifics?

    Click bait at it’s finest.

    Looks at this retard that thinks it's fake news.
    trublue
  • trubluetrublue Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,124
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes
    Did you read the article, Aspie?
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 374
    250 Answers 500 Awesomes 100 Up Votes 100 Comments
    edited July 13

    This call may be recorded

    Hi I'm Phil Knight and I'm calling on behalf of Oregon University. Do you need any teams in your conference? We have a great brand. Everyone says so.

    Calling it OU is a great way to sell it to the SEC
    HuskyJW
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,537
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary
    trublue said:

    Did you read the article, Aspie?

    I literally quoted from the article in another thread.

    It's not 2pm but I'll take another beer. Pilsner please. Not the IPA dreck that flyover country thinks is cool.
  • trubluetrublue Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,124
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes
    edited July 13
    It’s poor ass journalism . . .

    https://muckrack.com/mark-harris-31/bio

    4-8 Haie: Love your loyalty, dedication and hope for your school . . .

  • trubluetrublue Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,124
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes
    DucksFC said:

    This call may be recorded

    Hi I'm Phil Knight and I'm calling on behalf of Oregon University. Do you need any teams in your conference? We have a great brand. Everyone says so.

    Calling it OU is a great way to sell it to the SEC
    Race is being a wise ass . . .
    DerekJohnson
  • trubluetrublue Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,124
    Swaye's Wigwam 250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes
    haie said:

    trublue said:

    The article is based on the comment(s) of one CBS Reporter.

    Big headlines. Lots of speculation and rumors. Very slim on substance.

    Repeating allegations made by another reporter?

    It raises plenty of questions the author should have asked his source and plenty of questions to address to the author of this shit.

    Who? What? When? Where? Why? et al.

    Specifics?

    Click bait at it’s finest.

    Looks at this retard that thinks it's fake news.
    Where did I say it was “fake news”? Simply stated it was shoddy journalism . . . Click bait.
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 374
    250 Answers 500 Awesomes 100 Up Votes 100 Comments
    trublue said:

    DucksFC said:

    This call may be recorded

    Hi I'm Phil Knight and I'm calling on behalf of Oregon University. Do you need any teams in your conference? We have a great brand. Everyone says so.

    Calling it OU is a great way to sell it to the SEC
    Race is being a wise ass . . .
    I’m aware. I’m being one back
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 9,709
    2,500 Up Votes 2,500 Awesomes 5000 Comments 250 Answers


    I guess Jen is still staring at her phone wondering why it’s not ringing.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,537
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes Eighth Anniversary
    46XiJCAB said:



    I guess Jen is still staring at her phone wondering why it’s not ringing.

    The Lane Train might be the last little group of qucks on earth that haven't gotten the message yet.
Sign In or Register to comment.