Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Cool week to be an UDFA, man.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The Daily's silence re Parker speaks volumes. @RoadDawg55 true?!?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let it play out.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    IT'S NOT OVER FOR SEAN PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!one!

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/washington-safety-sean-parker-earns-invite-to-mini-camp-with-redskins/
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

IT'S NOT OVER FOR SEAN PARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!one!

http://nfldraftdiamonds.com/washington-safety-sean-parker-earns-invite-to-mini-camp-with-redskins/

What does that asshole, T Town Jerry have to say now!

I just assume he'll say "Allahu akbar" as always.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Go through every 4 star he's brought in and I'm sure we have to have a terrible % at producing them into NFL draft picks.

Sark's 5 and 4 stars (Scout data):

2009:
    none

2010:
    4* DT Potoae - Career reserve
    4* OG Kohler - Retired early
    4* FS Parker - Mini-camp invitee
    4* OG Porter - Retired early
    4* DE Shirley - On roster
    4* QB Montana - Sr QB for Tulane
    4* RB Cooper - On roster
    4* WR Smith - UDFA to Arizona
    4* OT Hatchie - On roster
    (4* LB Young to JC then ASU) - UDFA to Houston

2011:
    5* WR Williams - On roster
    5* TE Sefarian-Jenkins - 2nd round
    4* RB Sankey - 2nd round
    4* SS Sample - transferred to Louisville
    4* DT Tupou - On roster

2012:
    5* LB Thompson - On roster
    4* QB Lindquist - On roster
    4* QB Miles - Suspended indefinitely
    4* WR Mickens - On roster

2013:
    4* QB Williams - On roster
    4* WR Stringfellow - On roster
    4* DT Qualls - On roster
    4* WR Ross - On roster
    4* DE Mathis - On roster
    4* CB Kelly - On roster
    4* TE Daniels - On roster
    4* RB Coleman - On roster

Only 2 of his 4*/5* recruits were drafted. His best recruit was 3* Trufant.

To be fair, you figure Thompson and Williams will be drafted this year and, under the development of Petersen, many of his 2013 recruits will end up being drafted.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2014
    Maybe my memory is for shit, but I don't recall Parker ever getting beat deep. But I do remember him making a ton of tackles and some critical INTs.

190 lbs and 4.79 in the 40 is pretty pathetic, but I'm sick of these douchebags that can't look past some of that shit. If "measurables" were all that mattered, Dan McGuire and Kelley Stouffer would be Hall of Famers, and Donny Mateaki would've been All Conference.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Passion said:

Maybe my memory is for shit, but I don't recall Parker ever getting beat deep. But I do remember him making a ton of tackles and some critical INTs.

190 lbs and 4.79 in the 40 is pretty pathetic, but I'm sick of these douchebags that can't look past some of that shit. If "measurables" were all that mattered, Dan McGuire and Kelley Stouffer would be Hall of Famers, and Donny Mateaki would've been All Conference.

that's all true, but you can't run a fucking 4.8 40 and play DB in the NFL. That's too slow to be a linebacker. and at 5'9", if you pack more than 190 lbs. on him, he's only going to get s - l - o - w - e - r.

i really liked the kid at Washington, and I have no recollection one way or the other about getting beat deep; but though playing the angles may work in college, it won't be enough in the NFL I don't think.

he may just have been a good college player who doesn't have a pro body. 5'9" is too small for a safety. hell it's getting to be too small to play corner.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

Yea I remember RoadDawg was super high on Parker.

Parker not being drafted speaks more about how shitty of a coach Sark was at developing talent. Along with Kevin Smith and Greg Ducre.

Go through every 4 star he's brought in and I'm sure we have to have a terrible % at producing them into NFL draft picks.
    I disagree about Parker. There's only so much you can do for a guy who is 5'9" 190 and runs a 4.79 on Pro Day. At the combine, that's probably a 4.9. I knew Parker wasn't a blazer, but that's really slow. I'm not sure how that is Sark's fault.
    but...but...but...didn't he have Ivan for years? is this what happens after Ivan is gone for a few months? #TurnUp
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

TTJ said:

Parker not being drafted speaks more about how shitty of a coach Sark was at developing talent. Along with Kevin Smith and Greg Ducre.

sooo... You're saying Parker was too stupid to realize he wasn't working hard enough and wasn't getting any better?

• Options

TTJ said:

I disagree about Parker. There's only so much you can do for a guy who is 5'9" 190 and runs a 4.79 on Pro Day. At the combine, that's probably a 4.9. I knew Parker wasn't a blazer, but that's really slow. I'm not sure how that is Sark's fault.
    the fuck? How about starting with NOT recruiting a 5'9 guy who runs a 4.9 40?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

TTJ said:

Disagree. Recruiting Parker was never the problem. He was a recruiting victory at the time, and was a three + year starter who was league average at the position at worst. There's no possible way you can argue he wasn't worth a scholarship.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443

Parker was solid as a safety for UW, playing in every game from his sophomore year on and 48 games total. He didn't have NFL-quality numbers in college but was a dependable starter at FS at a BCS level, and we'll probably see a drop in production for 2014 (Budda Baker will be a true freshman after all). His stats the last 2 years (the Wilcox years, when the defense actually mattered) at UW were 144 tackles, 14 passes defended, 6 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 7 TFL and 1 sack.

FWIW, Peters' stats in the same time frame (his freshman and sophomore years) are better: 99 tackles, 25 passes defended, 8 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack and a blocked kick. There's a reason why he's rated in the top 5 for CBs for 2016's draft, though he'll probably declare early after this season.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Parker was solid as a safety for UW, playing in every game from his sophomore year on and 48 games total. He didn't have NFL-quality numbers in college but was a dependable starter at FS at a BCS level, and we'll probably see a drop in production for 2014 (Budda Baker will be a true freshman after all). His stats the last 2 years (the Wilcox years, when the defense actually mattered) at UW were 144 tackles, 14 passes defended, 6 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 7 TFL and 1 sack.

FWIW, Peters' stats in the same time frame (his freshman and sophomore years) are better: 99 tackles, 25 passes defended, 8 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 5.5 TFL, 1 sack and a blocked kick. There's a reason why he's rated in the top 5 for CBs for 2016's draft, though he'll probably declare early after this season.
    Peters has NFL #1 corner written all over him. Dudes the whole package.
  • Options

Good enough to help the team go, say, 5-4 in conference play?