Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Irregardless of what happens with realignment

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam
I'm looking forward to the Michigan State game this fall

If the game isn't sold out and rocking, we're doomed to be a mid-major

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,053 Standard Supporter

Maybe a sellout if a sporty brings 10-15k with them.
  • 4thDownsJimmy4thDownsJimmy Member Posts: 36
    Sold out and rocking lol
  • KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 337

Maybe a sellout if a sporty brings 30-45k with them.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
    I wouldn't hold your breathe.

Get in door 2ndary market tickets have dropped from $140 in spring to around $120 today

And you don't want to know what the rest of the games are going for ($20-40)
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It’s a huge game for the program. I think we will win if our offense doesn’t suck. Michigan State’s QB is terrible and their stud RB is on the Seahawks now.

They are going to be worse and they were overrated last year.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,670 Founders Club

It’s a huge game for the program. I think we will win if our offense doesn’t suck. Michigan State’s QB is terrible and their stud RB is on the Seahawks now.

I'm not sure if this is a great example or not... But in 1984, the Huskies traveled to Ann Arbor to play #2 Michigan. Huskies won 20-11, and it made a huge splash nationally. But Michigan ended up at 6-6. This year's matchup with MSU could be a somewhat similar situation that plays out nicely for UW, if they play their cards right.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,022

I'm not sure if this is a great example or not... But in 1984, the Huskies traveled to Ann Arbor to play #2 Michigan. Huskies won 20-11, and it made a huge splash nationally. But Michigan ended up at 6-6. This year's matchup with MSU could be a somewhat similar situation that plays out nicely for UW, if they play their cards right.
    Michigan State seems like one of those games where you always get a lot of resume cred, but often at high value because they are frequently barely good to underwhelming. But they had a great season last year, especially for them. I have no idea what they have coming back because I never pay attention to them.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    I hope we win and Michigan goes 1-11
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,670 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

I hope we win and Michigan goes 1-11

I read your comment to my dad and he responded with FUCK YEAH

Okay not really