Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cohen and UW going to get played

LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,801
Tying themselves to Oregon as a package deal and probably honoring that commitment while Oregon will do whatever is needed. If SC wants to be away from Oregon, the package deal is going to fuck us. Sadly, I have zero confidence in our AD and President to figure that out or to have plan B.

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,246
    Plan B is the sell the pussified fanbase on how important our traditional ties to the remaining P12 schools are and that they are going to lead the creation of a sustainable conference that shares the same beliefs, blah blah blah.

Welcome San Diego State, some other CA school, and 4-6 from the Big 12 to create the New PAC, shitty as the old one. They have to pick off the best remaining programs from the Big 12 to keep the AZ schools, Utah, and Colorado from bolting.

I can't imagine Uncle Phil allows Oregon to stick around for that, though. Personally, my belief at this point is that whatever Oregon does is what UW will be forced to do.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,829 Founders Club

Plan B is the sell the pussified fanbase on how important our traditional ties to the remaining P12 schools are and that they are going to lead the creation of a sustainable conference that shares the same beliefs, blah blah blah.

Welcome San Diego State, some other CA school, and 4-6 from the Big 12 to create the New PAC, shitty as the old one. They have to pick off the best remaining programs from the Big 12 to keep the AZ schools, Utah, and Colorado from bolting.

I can't imagine Uncle Phil allows Oregon to stick around for that, though. Personally, my belief at this point is that whatever Oregon does is what UW will be forced to do.

I'll bet the SEC is looking at Okie Lite as a possible member. A very rich AD, competitive sports programs across the board and excellent facilities. They would add Bedlam to the Iron Bowl, Egg Bowl and other big SEC rivalries. That would leave a couple private christian schools, Texas Tech and the Kansas schools. Hard pass. My guess is that the Big 12 has already reached out to Colorado, Utah and the Arizona schools. They basically intimated that they would be aggressive in this round of musical chairs rather than sit back and get picked over. B12 is currently in a better position than the neutered Pac.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,497 Swaye's Wigwam

TXDawg said:

It does seem like these deals are done in pairs. Oregon definitely has the willingness to act coldly and move on despite "traditions." They may not like tying their boat to UW, but if they need a partner from the Pac-12, we're it. The only other possibility is somehow Oregon forming a partnership with the likes of BYU or ND. Seems remote, but at this point everything seems to be on the table.

Reports are that the Big-10 has already told Oregon and UW they're fine where they're at, so that tells us something about the market. I hate to say it, but the Big-12 might be our best play. The problem for us is I can totally see our AD and President talk about aligning with a conference dedicated to DEI. All of the Pac-12 commercials are centered on that theme and I bet they love that shit.

The most likely outcome, IMO, Oregon and Washington stay in the Pac-12 for now. The conference recruits two more schools and Oregon starts shopping itself alone behind the scenes.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if ND goes, UW gets offered(tv market), Jen and company refuse to go without Oregon, then the big takes Oregon who laughs in our face while leaving.
    I was first and right with this take.
  • KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 337

TXDawg said:

It does seem like these deals are done in pairs. Oregon definitely has the willingness to act coldly and move on despite "traditions." They may not like tying their boat to UW, but if they need a partner from the Pac-12, we're it. The only other possibility is somehow Oregon forming a partnership with the likes of BYU or ND. Seems remote, but at this point everything seems to be on the table.

Reports are that the Big-10 has already told Oregon and UW they're fine where they're at, so that tells us something about the market. I hate to say it, but the Big-12 might be our best play. The problem for us is I can totally see our AD and President talk about aligning with a conference dedicated to DEI. All of the Pac-12 commercials are centered on that theme and I bet they love that shit.

The most likely outcome, IMO, Oregon and Washington stay in the Pac-12 for now. The conference recruits two more schools and Oregon starts shopping itself alone behind the scenes.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if ND goes, UW gets offered(tv market), Jen and company refuse to go without Oregon, then the big takes Oregon who laughs in our face while leaving.
    All roads lead to humiliation. Followed by Cohen acting on Twitters like the department is getting stronger.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,061 Founders Club

TXDawg said:

All roads lead to humiliation. Followed by Cohen acting on Twitters like the department is getting stronger.
    She hasn’t tweeted a twat since June 2018.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,829 Founders Club

TXDawg said:

She hasn’t tweeted a twat since June 2018.
    She's been working this Big 10 deal since 2018. The Twatter silence speaks volumes!