Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Live Look at Yella's Record Shoppe

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,756
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,756
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

That fits qell. Eddy Vedder has been mumbling like an old man since the early 90s.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,810
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

pawz said:

That fits qell. Eddy Vedder has been mumbling like an old man since the early 90s.
    Hope Nikkie Sixx kicks his ass tbh
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

pawz said:

Billy, 80’s music sucks. I understand having some fun and bumping Motley Crue, but Nikki Sixx isn’t cool.
  • Options
    Founders Club

chuck said:

pawz said:

Billy, 80’s music sucks. I understand having some fun and bumping Motley Crue, but Nikki Sixx isn’t cool.
    I like you, so I won't give a fuck off this time.

Ignorant statement though
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Pearl Jam has like 7-10 good songs and their 40% of their fan base are fat, pasty white dudes with beards. The over the top lovefest of grunge 30 years later is pretty pathetic.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,747
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pearl Jam has like 7-10 good songs and their 40% of their fan base are fat, pasty white dudes with beards. The over the top lovefest of grunge 30 years later is pretty pathetic.

Eddie can barely sing. So he yells.

Staley, Cornell, Lanagan, Wood, fuck, even Geoff Tate was a far better singer, all of whom (except Tate) pioneered the grunge movement that greased the skids for Eddie, who stepped into an empty space in an already great band.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Everything cycles. Short wide ties will return to fashion, soon.

So not only lesbians and trannys will be wearing them, like today.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The one criticism I have with grunge ins that none of the singers are actually good live frontmen. None of them really put on an show.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

pawz said:

Hair Nation on Sirius says fuck you!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

The one criticism I have with grunge ins that none of the singers are actually good live frontmen. None of them really put on an show.
    Disagree on Staley, Cornell, Cobain and Weiland. None are a mcjagger or David Lee Roth type, but given their sound that would have been really weird if they were.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disagree on Staley, Cornell, Cobain and Weiland. None are a mcjagger or David Lee Roth type, but given their sound that would have been really weird if they were.
    Weiland was the best frontman of his era. STP isn’t grunge and it’s always been stupid to lump them in.

Cobain, Staley, and Cornell could have been a lot better. I’ve watched their live shows and they are lacking at times as frontmen. The music is good, the show is boring.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pearl Jam has more like 20 really good songs spread across the first 4 albums. But yes, 40% of the fans are fat, pasty white dudes.

I must make an admission: I actually think Eddie was a great vocalist with a unique and engaging style. I never got the hate.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,247
    Talking about great frontmen, Daltrey should probably garner a mention...Understated comped to some, but he served the music. James Brown was the GOAT, and he ran the band with an iron fist. Mick isn't far behind, and there were several tims over the years that he and Keef butted heads about it. As much as I love early Van Halen, DLR has subsequently come across with "DLR and backing band" vibes, which kiboshed any reunion, IMO.

I always found it interesting that the grunge guys focused more on the music, during jams turning in to the drummer rather than doing their own thing to the crowd...very Neil Young-ish, as Race mentioned.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m not a big Pearl Jam fan, but their fan base is no worse than many rock bands. Metallica is a great band with a gross fan base.
  • Options
    100 years from now, I believe Cornell will be remembered as one of the greatest vocalists of all tim.

The others won't, including Staley, which is a shame, because I went to school with him.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I’m not a big Pearl Jam fan, but their fan base is no worse than many rock bands. Metallica is a great band with a gross fan base.

Warned.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

100 years from now, I believe Cornell will be remembered as one of the greatest vocalists of all tim.

The others won't, including Staley, which is a shame, because I went to school with him.

This. Cornell is just next level. I'm talking Ronnie James Dio levels of bad assery.
  • Options