Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We waited ALL night and they TRADED the pick ...?

... Well ... Now maybe they can get ASJ, Sankey and Ducre!!!!1!!11!!!

Sincerely

Doog 12'sFS on Facebook

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    12s don't understand how football drafts (or football in general) work. If the 12s were baseball fans they would ask "why don't the mariners let Felix pitch every game?"
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I love John Schneider. Dude dgaf what anybody thinks. He routinely gives a finger to the "draft experts" only to show he was smarter than all along. He doesn't cater to the ADD of an NFL fanbase. He openly admitted this week "I like to trade down." He stays out of the spotlight, let's Carroll soak up all the attention, and just continues to make great move after great move.

At this point I'm kind of rooting for him to trade down a couple more times, just to piss people off some more.

Easily my favorite Seattle sports GM ever. Dude just gets it.

Doesn't Carroll have final say on all personnel decisions? I think Schneider is great, and Pete and him have both commented how well they work together, but I think Carroll is essentially running the show and Schneider is his right hand man. Schneider does most the leg work, Carroll makes the final decision.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I love John Schneider. Dude dgaf what anybody thinks. He routinely gives a finger to the "draft experts" only to show he was smarter than all along. He doesn't cater to the ADD of an NFL fanbase. He openly admitted this week "I like to trade down." He stays out of the spotlight, let's Carroll soak up all the attention, and just continues to make great move after great move.

At this point I'm kind of rooting for him to trade down a couple more times, just to piss people off some more.

Doesn't Carroll have final say on all personnel decisions? I think Schneider is great, and Pete and him have both commented how well they work together, but I think Carroll is essentially running the show and Schneider is his right hand man. Schneider does most the leg work, Carroll makes the final decision.
    Carroll hired Schneider so obviously Schneider answers to him ultimately, but I think it's pretty clear Pete trust Schneider's scouting ability. I don't see Pete as a major micromanager of the draft - I'm sure he gives his input and has final say, but he seems like he gives Schneider a lot of room to do his thing. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think Schneider deserves more credit than he generally gets.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

How brave of you. Pretty tough call, given our rich history of GMs winning championships.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

How brave of you. Pretty tough call, given our rich history of GMs winning championships.
    What no profile in courage award???
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

I love John Schneider. Dude dgaf what anybody thinks. He routinely gives a finger to the "draft experts" only to show he was smarter than all along.

If you're going to bash Mel Kiper, I'm out.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Some 12 told me today at work that the seahawks should've traded their entire draft to get clowney. This idiots clearly don't understand how football works
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Some 12 told me today at work that the seahawks should've traded their entire draft to get clowney. This idiots clearly don't understand how football works

Did you ask them if they'd ever heard of Earl Campbell?

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Some 12 told me today at work that the seahawks should've traded their entire draft to get Ossai. This idiots clearly don't understand how football works

Now THAT'S something I could get behind ($75k).
  • Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gotta disagree with CW. The Doogs enabled an awful decade that included a 1-10, 2-9 and 0-12.

The Hooks won't do that. They will simply step off the bandwagon.

So the Doogs are still the worst fans.

I agree with this. Remember, the Hooks = Quooks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

I'll take hooks over doogs anyway. Hooks know nothing about the game, but they get drunk and scream all game. There are some doogs like that, but there are others who are country club douchebags who have fun, win or lose. They politely clap big plays, but mostly gossip about What's going on at the Yacht Club.

Phil Bleenor TRUE?!!!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,898
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2014

I'll take hooks over doogs anyway. Hooks know nothing about the game, but they get drunk and scream all game. There are some doogs like that, but there are others who are country club douchebags who have fun, win or lose. They politely clap big plays, but mostly gossip about What's going on at the Yacht Club.

This. Seattle people are too isolated and provincial. Every fucking NFL fanbase is full of dummies. At least 12s make a shitload of noise. They're not people I'd hang out w/ for ten seconds with at a bar, but I appreciate the rabid behavior.

Of course, a cocksucker ($75,000) on here calls me a 12, so I guess I'm talking in third person here.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm hearing if the 12's show up at Safeco, we got a serious playoff run in the works.

Then, in the Fall, the doogs can doog it up on weekend days, and 12 the M's to glory just by yelling really loud and dying their hair.

Or just collect shitty plastic toys. . . .

Mariners, doogs, coogs, quooks, 12's ----------> sunken ferry