Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Kim Grinolds a hypocrite?

Quin Snyder floated as potential UW coach (yeah, we all know there are literally a 1,000 reasons it won't happen)

KG: "Snyder has some skeletons left over from his days at Missouri. He's an NBA guy."

What happened to the CEO who thinks Grand Slam Sarkisian deserves an opportunity to set the NCAA record for second chances?

Comments

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,713 Swaye's Wigwam
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788

Quin Snyder floated as potential UW coach (yeah, we all know there are literally a 1,000 reasons it won't happen)

KG: "Snyder has some skeletons left over from his days at Missouri. He's an NBA guy."

What happened to the CEO who thinks Grand Slam Sarkisian deserves an opportunity to set the NCAA record for second chances?

Maybe but mostly he’s just a douche
    But doesn’t douche require some modicum of coolness that was taken way too far and douche came to be? Kim’s baseline is doormat, dork, fucking idiot. Then multiply the fact he thinks he’s cool because of internet losers worshipping him. What’s that?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter
    I'll have to check with my Mercer Island coke supplier on Quinn Snyder's level of douche-i-ness and whether he was a good pay.

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,010
    His skeletons are using cocaine and having affairs with undergrads, and he was pretty brazen about it.

It was 20 years ago, but that’s about the last time DM had any kind of insight on anything so whatever.

Not sure why QS would take the UW job. He’s got no ties to the university, outside of it being located 10 miles from where he grew up 35 years ago.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Hes probably an upgrade over Hopkins but that isn't saying much. His overall coaching resume isn't impressive at all.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited June 2022

Hes probably an upgrade over Hopkins but that isn't saying much. His overall coaching resume isn't impressive at all.

Being a coach that consistently makes the playoffs and has won a few rounds would be an impressive hire for UW.

It won’t happen, but still.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,207
    Kim, there is less than a 0% chance that Snyder would ever think about wanting to coach at UW, let alone actually do it.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,824 Swaye's Wigwam

Kim, there is less than a 0% chance that Snyder would ever think about wanting to coach at UW, let alone actually do it.

Probably not, but he could if he wants to be close to home. A lot of time that is too focused on and coaches don’t actually care about it.

It’s a pretty good job in the sense that the expectations are low and a good coach should be able to easily make the tournament 50% of the time. Do that, and you have a lifetime guarantee.
    But is it really home 35 years later? I mean, he didn't even go to college here.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    TheHB said:

Probably not, but he could if he wants to be close to home. A lot of time that is too focused on and coaches don’t actually care about it.

It’s a pretty good job in the sense that the expectations are low and a good coach should be able to easily make the tournament 50% of the time. Do that, and you have a lifetime guarantee.
    But is it really home 35 years later? I mean, he didn't even go to college here.
    Yeah, I meant to make that point. I just didn’t say anything.

I agree with you. He might not care or even want to live in Washington. I would assume he probably would like another NBA job than to coach UW. He would also be able to get a better, more prestigious college job than UW.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,175
    thechatch said:

His skeletons are using cocaine and having affairs with undergrads, and he was pretty brazen about it.

It was 20 years ago, but that’s about the last time DM had any kind of insight on anything so whatever.

Not sure why QS would take the UW job. He’s got no ties to the university, outside of it being located 10 miles from where he grew up 35 years ago.

he got pseudo-blacklisted (isafnrc) for fuckin around on larry browns daughter (guessing thats included above). but he served his time in the lower leagues.

not sure why he'd even consider the UW job when he could get almost any nba job he wanted.

he'll end up a spur.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club
    vadawg said:

Went to a party at Quins house when I was a sophomore. Coke was literally in bowls around the house. Schwab and I threw a glass table from the deck of the house as QuinE (that’s what we called him, that’s what we liked to do) stood there coked to the tee, jaw ganking, laughed his ass off. Don’t really remember the rest of the night but I woke up in his back yard next to a hot, senior cheerleader from Kennedy. No pics

HCH Iron Law: Any post involving cocaine is destined for double-digit chincredibles
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club
    vadawg said:

Went to a party at Quins house when I was a sophomore. Coke was literally in bowls around the house. Schwab and I threw a glass table from the deck of the house as QuinE (that’s what we called him, that’s what we liked to do) stood there coked to the tee, jaw ganking, laughed his ass off. Don’t really remember the rest of the night but I woke up in his back yard next to a hot, senior cheerleader from Kennedy. No pics

#myLancers
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

vadawg said:

HCH Iron Law: Any post involving cocaine is destined for double-digit chincredibles
    I actually am not a fan. Always about to get laid because chicks liked it but my dick shrivels.

Brutal
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364

vadawg said:

I actually am not a fan. Always about to get laid because chicks liked it but my dick shrivels.

Brutal
    @ShrivelDickDoog