Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do WE give Petersen enough shit for...

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,994
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I also think we harbor some resentment toward him because he always looked so fucking miserable being a coach while not coming close to winning a NY6

The best coaches typically look miserable. As a young doog i always thought don James looked like a stressed out and miserable. So did lambo but he sucked ass.

Saban and urban look miserable and nobody cares. Win the game and it cures everything. Coaching 18-22 year old idiots that mess things up is stressful.
    Don James looked stressed and terse but he never seemed like he hated what he was doing. Nick Saban might have been a better example for your point
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

As opposed to what?

Getting railed by Jayden De Laura in the Apple Cup?

Losing to the mother of all JAGs in Marcus Mariota by an average of 25 a game?

I'll take a couple NY6 losses any day given what we've experienced over the bulk of the last 25 years.

Solid post other than the line about Mariota. He was a great college QB. I can’t think of a better one in the PAC 12 the past 20 years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Nothing lamer than a college coach who takes a shot at the big time NFL and fucks it up lol. Urban wouldve made a comeback but the nil makes the college game more like the pros.

He will be back. When Sark fucks up this year, Urban will be their first target.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

As opposed to what?

I'll take a couple NY6 losses any day given what we've experienced over the bulk of the last 25 years.

Solid post other than the line about Mariota. He was a great college QB. I can’t think of a better one in the PAC 12 the past 20 years.
    Yep. He carried that team and deserved the heisman.

The Stanford quarterback that was in a few rose bowls is the only one close.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

As opposed to what?

I've always been one of the least bullish people on Mariota but he did show up at the combine 6'4 222 and ran an electronic 4.52 so hard to call him a JAG. I think he found it harder in the NFL to throw touchdowns when guys aren't open by 10 yards all the time. Getting throttled by Darron Thomas and Masoli was a lot more questionable.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I also think we harbor some resentment toward him because he always looked so fucking miserable being a coach while not coming close to winning a NY6

The best coaches typically look miserable. As a young doog i always thought don James looked like a stressed out and miserable. So did lambo but he sucked ass.

Saban and urban look miserable and nobody cares. Win the game and it cures everything. Coaching 18-22 year old idiots that mess things up is stressful.
    Don James looked stressed and terse but he never seemed like he hated what he was doing. Nick Saban might have been a better example for your point
    Yeah, there's a difference between looking pissed but because you don't want to lose, EVER, and looking pissed and like you don't want to be there. After 2016 Pete looked like he just didn't want to be there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

As opposed to what?

I've always been one of the least bullish people on Mariota but he did show up at the combine 6'4 222 and ran an electronic 4.52 so hard to call him a JAG. I think he found it harder in the NFL to throw touchdowns when guys aren't open by 10 yards all the time. Getting throttled by Darron Thomas and Masoli was a lot more questionable.
    He wasn’t a terrible QB when he was a starter and he had a new OC every year and had shitty coaches. I would say he was a disappointment in the NFL, but not a complete bust.

He was better in college than Luck. He’s far from JAG if we are talking college QB’s. He was really good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Yeah, there's a difference between looking pissed but because you don't want to lose, EVER, and looking pissed and like you don't want to be there. After 2016 Pete looked like he just didn't want to be there.
    Which is absolutely loser-mentality of him. Dabo took his ass beatings and didn't give up. Pete did.

Because of that fuck Pete.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,473
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2022

Being so uncompetitive in the Peach and Rose Bowls against teams that ended up being filled with a lot of busts and JAG at best guys in the league? Also, considering how well some of the Huskies on those teams have panned out.

I'm not saying they should have won either necessarily, especially since Saban/Urban>Pete, but the fact they didn't look like they belonged on the same field as those teams for five quarters of those games should be more damning in hindsight.

I always give the Penn State game a minor pass because defending a crazy generational talent like Barkley was so hard and because I think they at least kind of made a game of that one.

Fuck you in the face, the Penn State game was the most miserable experience of my life.

Otherwise, great post!
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Winners are miserable because they're thinking about losing half the time.
    Winners are miserable because they don't enjoy winning. They're just happy they didn't lose.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Fuck you in the face, the Penn State game was the most miserable experience of my life.

Otherwise, great post!

i got hammered and screamed at pedo state fans around me the entire game.

since i was going to have a bad time i wanted to make sure everyone around me did as well.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I was prime browned out Adderall Doogles and brawling in the upper concourse in defense of some random Husky brethren who insulted a jersey shore PSU fan.

I really wanted that game, FUCK PETE!!!!

I was there watching it. I think we talked about this before.

A few classy PSU fans in our section left at half time because they didn't appreciate the husky fans bringing up Sandusky over and over.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

Doogles said:

I was prime browned out Adderall Doogles and brawling in the upper concourse in defense of some random Husky brethren who insulted a jersey shore PSU fan.

A few classy PSU fans in our section left at half time because they didn't appreciate the husky fans bringing up Sandusky over and over.
    i went with the 'JOEPA KNEW!' line over and over and over again.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Doogles said:

i went with the 'JOEPA KNEW!' line over and over and over again.
    Their fans are fucking stupid dumb shits.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,337
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I went 3 for 3 on buying secondary tickets to the Bama, Penn State, and Buckeye side in the fancy lounge seats

Among the rich and cultured all 3 fan bases we're fine

Now the game I attended at Ohio State among the poors was worse than unremodled Autzen

All three games sucked

Add in a Cal and Stanford loss and my return to attending Husky games was horrible

Only John Ross came through at Cal
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,337
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Should note that all three schools got the good side of the stadium and UW got the other side

Because they could
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    edited June 2022
    TheHB said:

haie said:

Winners are miserable because they don't enjoy winning. They're just happy they didn't lose.
    Hence sark is the winner. Being a happy loser is the best

Fuck these morons they thought I was here to coach and not chase skirt!
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

haie said:

Hence sark is the winner. Being a happy loser is the best

Fuck these morons they thought I was here to coach and not chase skirt!
    People with Down Syndrome are the happiest people on earth.