Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    More like Kevin McHaleFS.

With 0.9 left why even have Harden out there when he's an awful defender? He's a DH so treat him as such.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    McHale is going to get fired and he should be for that play alone. Starting Parsons on Lillard actually makes sense if you're going to switch everything but it didn't look like that was the plan. Or Harden hung Parsons out to dry (a real possibility given Hardens D). If you're not going to switch then I wouldn't guard the inbounds passer. They're not going to get a good mismatch to throw a lob against without switching. Lillard would have been smothered that way.

I would have put Howard under the hoop and had the other 4 man up and switch everything and over play the 3 ball. But there were plenty of options. All of which would have been better than what Houston did. Lillard was going to get a decent look even if Beverely had been on him. Just from Houston's design.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    APAG is spot on here. Regardless on who was originally on Lillard the set up of the play screamed "Lillard to the top of the key" ...

I thought it actually made sense to switch Parsons/Beverly because as Lillard came around to the top, Beverly could overplay Lillard to the high side while Parsons continued to trail for any play away from the action.

Not switching on that play is RomarFS.

Moreover, what is amazing to me on a play like that is that there really are only 5 spots where a shot can be taken from given that setup: 1) near corner, 2) top of the key, 3) cross court wing, 4) cross court corner, and 5) entry into the post. If you angle the defender guarding the inbounds between the inbounder and the basket, you take away the near wing and basically anything going to the free throw line.

If you play that shitty of defense in that situation, you deserve your season to lose.

And I hate James Harden ... he acts like such a little bitch on the court.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

APAG is spot on here. Regardless on who was originally on Lillard the set up of the play screamed "Lillard to the top of the key" ...

I thought it actually made sense to switch Parsons/Beverly because as Lillard came around to the top, Beverly could overplay Lillard to the high side while Parsons continued to trail for any play away from the action.

Not switching on that play is RomarFS.

Moreover, what is amazing to me on a play like that is that there really are only 5 spots where a shot can be taken from given that setup: 1) near corner, 2) top of the key, 3) cross court wing, 4) cross court corner, and 5) entry into the post. If you angle the defender guarding the inbounds between the inbounder and the basket, you take away the near wing and basically anything going to the free throw line.

If you play that shitty of defense in that situation, you deserve your season to lose.

And I hate James Harden ... he acts like such a little bitch on the court.

Houston is a terrible defensive team and its amazing given they have Howard and Asik is half decent although he got really tired. Beverly is good but the rest of the guys are terrible.

Harden is a loser. No defense or leadership and he flops all over the place and has a bad attitude.