Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Truth about NIL and UW

ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
When you can’t compete you out legislate. So of course Pac -12 is butt hurt and going to cry to mommy saying I can’t compete because Big Dick U spends too much on NIL and we don’t want to spend that much so fix it mommy. Spend too much for who exactly ? Not the kids .. they benefit. But too much for who ? Upper campus at UW is who. It’s so funny upper campus destroys Husky football ignores it and is embarrassed by its former success petrified of the damage to upper campus “ reputation” of potential future success. Why? Because they don’t want to be known as a “football” school. The joke is on them. Anywhere east of Montana to the Mid-Atlantic you say University of Washington employers and people think Wash U in Saint Louis. An unarguably superior academic institution in their minds. You say Huskies they think UConn. It must be humiliating for the upper campus. They will never admit to themselves that is accurate as it hurts too much. A top notch football program regularly in top 5 would change the level of awareness dramatically. However this requires a level of brand and business awareness upper campus finds to damaging to the image they have in their heads of themselves.

As a result of the NIL UW chooses to cry to the federal government because institutions that actually want to invest in their coaching staff and facilities and recruit the best simply are doing just that. Upper campuses game is up. And they don’t like it. They talked out of both sides of their mouth for decades about Husky football. I believed them. I no longer do. Give lip service don’t pay up hire on the cheap so just enough facilities wise to keep hope just enough to keep the rest of the sports programs in the black. That’s the model. But that’s not the part that should really piss you off. The part that should enrage you is that they athletic department has the money. They have the money!! They just choose not to use it because they are unwilling. That’s why the UW has the coaching staff, the AD and the person in charge of NIL they do. The bottom line is with the local technology companies and access to talent married with traditional booster class the UW’s NIL program should be best in the country. But they don’t want it. And that ain’t gonna change so they cry to federal government to save them from their own poor choices. That’s how I see this. If someone wants to break down how revenue sharing would work with a salary cap for NCAA I think we would all benefit from seeing it.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

Clevdawg said:

When you can’t compete you out legislate. So of course Pac -12 is butt hurt and going to cry to mommy saying I can’t compete because Big Dick U spends too much on NIL and we don’t want to spend that much so fix it mommy. Spend too much for who exactly ? Not the kids .. they benefit. But too much for who ? Upper campus at UW is who. It’s so funny upper campus destroys Husky football ignores it and is embarrassed by its former success petrified of the damage to upper campus “ reputation” of potential future success. Why? Because they don’t want to be known as a “football” school. The joke is on them. Anywhere east of Montana to the Mid-Atlantic you say University of Washington employers and people think Wash U in Saint Louis. An unarguably superior academic institution in their minds. You say Huskies they think UConn. It must be humiliating for the upper campus. They will never admit to themselves that is accurate as it hurts too much. A top notch football program regularly in top 5 would change the level of awareness dramatically. However this requires a level of brand and business awareness upper campus finds to damaging to the image they have in their heads of themselves.

As a result of the NIL UW chooses to cry to the federal government because institutions that actually want to invest in their coaching staff and facilities and recruit the best simply are doing just that. Upper campuses game is up. And they don’t like it. They talked out of both sides of their mouth for decades about Husky football. I believed them. I no longer do. Give lip service don’t pay up hire on the cheap so just enough facilities wise to keep hope just enough to keep the rest of the sports programs in the black. That’s the model. But that’s not the part that should really piss you off. The part that should enrage you is that they athletic department has the money. They have the money!! They just choose not to use it because they are unwilling. That’s why the UW has the coaching staff, the AD and the person in charge of NIL they do. The bottom line is with the local technology companies and access to talent married with traditional booster class the UW’s NIL program should be best in the country. But they don’t want it. And that ain’t gonna change so they cry to federal government to save them from their own poor choices. That’s how I see this. If someone wants to break down how revenue sharing would work with a salary cap for NCAA I think we would all benefit from seeing it.

TLDR: we are fucked. Upper campus is the cause. Burn it down.
    Same as it ever was.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter
    All it takes is one really really rich donor (or a half dozen very rich donors) and the upper campus being ok with the Program going after guys DeBoer and Co. really want.

The problem right now with the Upper Campus is that they seem to think that top universities can't have top football programs...it's like they think it's impossible to walk and chew gum at the same time. Notre Dame has proven it, UCLA has proven it at times, Texas mostly has, UVA has a few times.

In fact, if UW football started kicking ass again, I bet donations to the school, grad schools, and / or hospital would increase significantly.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

All it takes is one really really rich donor (or a half dozen very rich donors) and the upper campus being ok with the Program going after guys DeBoer and Co. really want.

The problem right now with the Upper Campus is that they seem to think that top universities can't have top football programs...it's like they think it's impossible to walk and chew gum at the same time. Notre Dame has proven it, UCLA has proven it at times, Texas mostly has, UVA has a few times.

In fact, if UW football started kicking ass again, I bet donations to the school, grad schools, and / or hospital would increase significantly.

Upper campus is far more interested in winning National Championships in Stadium Sustainability Awards, having the proper mix in diversity of students/faculty, and generating research/grant dollars for UW than worrying about the Neanderthal sport of football.

But you are correct that the more successful UW is in football the more donation dollars roll in. As a former Pres. of the University said "football is the front porch to your University"
  • Options
    ClevdawgClevdawg Member Posts: 118
    The “‘Flutie” effect. Applications to BC exploded after that. Georgia is took in record apps. The bump is real. Especially for a quality institution
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Clevdawg said:

SEC commissioner joined with the PAC 12 guy in making the Federal pitch.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Clevdawg said:

SEC commissioner joined with the PAC 12 guy in making the Federal pitch.
    Yeah, but still.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,885
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Clevdawg said:

The “‘Flutie” effect. Applications to BC exploded after that. Georgia is took in record apps. The bump is real. Especially for a quality institution

The 1991 season had a profound impact on me wanting to go to UW as an out of state kid.

But doubt it could happen now. Out of state UW tuition is 247 percent higher adjusted for inflation that the mid 90s.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,885
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Clevdawg said:

The 1991 season had a profound impact on me wanting to go to UW as an out of state kid.

But doubt it could happen now. Out of state UW tuition is 247 percent higher adjusted for inflation that the mid 90s.
    DeLaLarry AKA @DongJames said part of the reason he chose UW was because of the Whammy in Miami. If I’m not mistaken, Larry’s dad was from Florida and a Canes fan.
    After UW beat the Cane, I knew I was destined to bully @creepycoug behind Kane Hall.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2022

Clevdawg said:

DeLaLarry AKA @DongJames said part of the reason he chose UW was because of the Whammy in Miami. If I’m not mistaken, Larry’s dad was from Florida and a Canes fan.
    The Canes have long been a standard upon which to base permanent life decisions. I mean, who ever said, "[Fill in name] said part of the reason he chose UW was because of that time they beat Michigan."? Nobody ever.

I guess we? lived rent-free in Dong's head too. RIP. Ts&Ps.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Jen and Cauce are going to destroy UW
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Clevdawg said:

The Canes have long been a standard upon which to base permanent life decisions. I mean, who ever said, "[Fill in name] said part of the reason he chose UW was because of the TIMES they beat Michigan."? Nobody ever.

I guess we? lived rent-free in Dong's head too. RIP. Ts&Ps.
    Do the Dwags even have a winning record against Michigan? But the other M is a totally different story.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

Jen and Cauce are going to destroy UW

Future tense?
    They’ve got more work to do
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    As long as there's diversity, equity, and inclusion in the athletic department, we all win folks. Also, sustainability.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2022

As long as there's diversity, equity, and inclusion in the athletic department, we all win folks. Also, sustainability.

Can one become so diverse gand inclusive that it’s not sustainable?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,457
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla drivel is the cherry on the top of this mountain of fucking turd thread.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,093
    haie said:

Tequilla drivel is the cherry on the top of this mountain of fucking turd thread.

Fill it. Fill that @Ballz vacuum👌