Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,102
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited May 2022
    I do not understand USC's tactics at all. They have like 20 WRs, 20 DBs and about 5 total OL, none of whom are that good. Most of their other positions are fuck all as well.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,102
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited May 2022

I know Jacobe was bummed about falling behind a walk on and an FCS transfer on the depth chart but history has shown us that Donte will definitely get him playing to his 4-star potential

the fact that they have 20 DBs on the roster and still aren't sure about the position is definitely a great indicator of Donte's coaching academis prowess.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DucksFC said:

I know Jacobe was bummed about falling behind a walk on and an FCS transfer on the depth chart but history has shown us that Donte will definitely get him playing to his 4-star potential

the fact that they have 20 DBs on the roster and still aren't sure about the position is definitely a great indicator of Donte's coaching academis prowess.
    Also kids like Isaac Taylor Stewart, Isaiah Palo Mao and Chris Steele (i think) not even sniffing the draft
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

DucksFC said:

Also kids like Isaac Taylor Stewart, Isaiah Palo Mao and Chris Steele (i think) not even sniffing the draft
    I didn’t even realize Steele was in the draft?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

DucksFC said:

I didn’t even realize Steele was in the draft?
    Might not have been. I just know he hasn't done shit compared to how highly he was ranked
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

DucksFC said:

For a recruit of Chris Steele’s ranking the expectation is he gets drafted. But he wasn’t chopped liver for them. Made second team All Pac-12 one year, honorable mention this past season.
    29 games/23 starts: 95 tackles, 3 TFL, 12 PDs, 3 INTs, 1 FF, 1 FR. He played decently well, had some injuries, the whole program was a diaper on fire. Should have stayed one more season. At Florida.

Pola-Mao was also decent, I don’t know if it was injuries or shitty coaching as well but he was better before. Drake Jackson regressed. Marlon’s brother was probably their best defensive player.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Heard C. Cowherd say SC in the top-10 this year. National Championship game within two-three. Their practices say so. Good grief.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

Heard C. Cowherd say SC in the top-10 this year. National Championship game within two-three. Their practices say so. Good grief.

That guy is a fucking moron. Nobody blows SC harder than him.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    46XiJCAB said:

Riley will be gone in 2 years to the nfl.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why? Only three NFL coaches are paid higher, and he'd have to deal with a salary cap there.
    The allure of taking the helm at Arizona after next year will be too great to pass up. He gets Kyler back.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,481
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why? Only three NFL coaches are paid higher, and he'd have to deal with a salary cap there.
    The Pac-12 is being relegated to FCS in 2 years
    Yeah, after Oregon and USC leave.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Pete left USC to go to Seattle.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pete left USC to go to Seattle.
    Pete was ducking a scandal and impending sanctions, faced an NCAA that had a hard-on for his program as opposed to one where unlimited payola is legal, and wasn't making $120 million.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Steele was McDuffie’s higher ranked teammate.

Tuck that one away somewhere.

Expecting a lot of head to head recruiting battles with Georgia southern?