Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Durant, Westbrook, and OKC

2»

Comments

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'd love to see Durant and Westbrook leave and OKC disintegrate. I read some speculation a year or ago that Durant could go to Houston.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    And if they are sufficiently bad next year, the pick they moved to Phoenix in the Nash deal doesn't head in that direction if it is in the Top 5.

Given that the Lakers are looking like they are going to gut the roster, good chance that they get in the Top 5 again.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2014
    The Lakers are just one of those teams that are never down more than two years. FA's will still flock there, especially guys who want to be in entertainment (especially fags whowant to do fucktarded bachelor and dancing reality shows). Tequila is right, they'll be back.*

* Assuming the Bus children don't fuck everything up.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

And if they are sufficiently bad next year, the pick they moved to Phoenix in the Nash deal doesn't head in that direction if it is in the Top 5.

Given that the Lakers are looking like they are going to gut the roster, good chance that they get in the Top 5 again.

They won't be in the top 5 if Kobe is healthy.
  • Options
    The irony is they will be better after Kobe retires. They will be a contender again but they will suck for at least a few more years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Tequilla said:

They won't be in the top 5 if Kobe is healthy.
    Pretty big IF there. Also this team will suck so Kobe will be full on ball hog mode to chase Kareem. Then around March they'll sit him down if he even makes it that far.

I hate the Lakers but FMB is correct. Just when it appears the Lakers are down something always happens to turn them around.

Is Jimmy Buss a moron? Yes. But the Clippers are good now despite the worst owner in sports Donald Sterling(REAL sports fans hated this fuck before last week).
  • Options
    Good advanced stat info video on OKC:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/67903/the-thunders-bad-mix

Apparently Durant & Westbrook together are terrible on D and on offense are not that great either.
  • Options
    The Lakers roster next year is going to contest of a past his prime Kobe and and guys that make Smush Parker look good.

I would be shocked if the roster looks better than this group: http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/lal/year/2006/seasontype/2/los-angeles-lakers

Kobe might score 30 a game. There may be some entertaining games. But living in the competitive West, no chance that they get more than 25-30 wins. Just won't happen.

Everybody knocked how much Kobe was getting paid ... but the reason he's getting paid so much is because it literally is making them bottom out while rewarding one of the best players in the history of their franchise.

Kobe will get up to about 35,000 points if he doesn't get massively injured and will end his career as the highest scoring guard in the history of the game. He'll probably have the option of hanging on for the ride back to the top as a bench player if he can stomach it with his ego while making a run at Kareem at a highly discounted rate.

And at this point, Jimmy Buss does look like a bit of an idiot. But on the other hand, there are so many smart people around the Lakers that I don't ever buy the fact that an idiot can run that asylum.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Look at the Knicks or the Celtics pre Garnett if you don't think the Lakers can suck for years.
  • Options

Look at the Knicks or the Celtics pre Garnett if you don't think the Lakers can suck for years.

They are more than capable of sucking but I don't think they will.

LA is a more desirable place to play than Boston and even NYC. They will also have some top 5 picks while during the Knicks run of suck they always dealt away their picks(Aldridge and Noah were chosen with their picks they gave up for Eddy Curry). Doubt Lakers do that.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Good advanced stat info video on OKC:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/67903/the-thunders-bad-mix

Apparently Durant & Westbrook together are terrible on D and on offense are not that great either.

I would be very careful what I take away from real plus minus. Considering that it has Nick Collison as a better player than Durant and Westbrook.
  • Options
    Boston sucked at the end of the Bird era because they rode that to the very end combined with the Len Bias and Reggie Lewis tragedies. They've been out of the playoffs 3 times since 2001.

The Knicks have had terrible ownership/management and that has killed them as much as anything else.

It's possible that that could be what does in the Lakers ... but given that they have made the playoffs in 35 of the last 40 years, I'm going to go with the fact that they normally tend to find a way to get things to work out.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

The Lakers are going to be brutal next season. But they are the Lake Show. They have a plan. They have a history of executing said plan.

It's well known that they basically have cleared their cap at this point except for Kobe (2 years remaining) and Nash (retires next year). They will have at worst a Top 7 pick this year. Since they are the Lakers and we all know how the lottery works, they'll get a Top 3 pick this year (and probably the same with Boston).

Next year, they'll continue to be brutal and that will allow them to keep their 1st round pick in 2015 instead of sending it to Phoenix as long as they have a Top 5 pick. The only contract they'll have on the books for 2015-2016 at that point is Kobe. They'll go sign Kevin Love. When Kobe comes off the books, the only contracts that they'll have on the books will be Kevin Love and the 1st round picks from the '14 and '15 draft. They'll have a ton of cap room in a loaded free agent pool.

IF they don't get KD in the fold after 2016, then they'll get Westbrook in 2017. Combine either with Kevin Love, and what will most likely be 2 really good players from the '14 and '15 drafts, and then round out the roster with role players and guys looking for titles, and you'll have a title contender by the '16-'17 season at the latest.

A lot of hypotheticals. Other than Dwight, most players re-sign with their current team. They give up 30 million to take a deal with another team. Lots of teams have tried to get a ton of cap space to make a splash in free agency. The Heat are the only team that really succeeded. It didn't work for the Knicks and many others.

The Lakers also have little Buss running the show. He could be a disaster. Picking D'Antoni over Phil put him on the fast track to disaster. Kevin Love is a really good player, but he also can't guard anyone. So far, he's been a stats guy. A lot of things have to go right to be a title contender by 16-17. Not to mention, even if they hit home runs with the draft picks, it normally takes guys awhile to truly learn how to win in the NBA. It's not easy, even if you are the Lakers. This isn't fantasy basketball.
    That 30 million number is bullshit. Almost all of it is just the 5th year, the year to year difference is minimal. If you get another max contract you can make it all up.
  • Options

If OKC loses tonight wouldn't surprise me if they make a panic trade this offseason and trade Westbrook in a 3 for 1 deal that never works out in the NBA.

People will rationalize it that Westbrook shoots too much and they need more options.

Westbrook is having a bad series but so is Durant. Brooks isn't helping but playing Perkins and Fisher in crunch time.

Presti has assembled a terrible roster. I watched in game five as they were making a comeback Caron Butler miss three straight wide open three pointers. Sad part is he was one of the only guys on the bench not playing terrible.

I really don't see Durant staying there. After this year I think he'll face heat on not winning a title. He'll come to realization that Lebron did in Cleveland that he doesn't have the ownership group capable of winning a title. He'll take his talents to another place.

RE: Lakers. Remember Kobe's contract comes off the books in two years and Nash, Gasol will be off too. They'll get a top tier lotto pick this year and most likely next year. I think the Lakers can turn it around rather quickly especially if a Durant, Kevin Love, or Westbrook go there. Probably need two of them which they could haul in.

Westbrook isn't getting traded after the Harden debacle. Not by Presti at least.
  • Options

If OKC loses tonight wouldn't surprise me if they make a panic trade this offseason and trade Westbrook in a 3 for 1 deal that never works out in the NBA.

People will rationalize it that Westbrook shoots too much and they need more options.

Westbrook is having a bad series but so is Durant. Brooks isn't helping but playing Perkins and Fisher in crunch time.

Presti has assembled a terrible roster. I watched in game five as they were making a comeback Caron Butler miss three straight wide open three pointers. Sad part is he was one of the only guys on the bench not playing terrible.

I really don't see Durant staying there. After this year I think he'll face heat on not winning a title. He'll come to realization that Lebron did in Cleveland that he doesn't have the ownership group capable of winning a title. He'll take his talents to another place.

RE: Lakers. Remember Kobe's contract comes off the books in two years and Nash, Gasol will be off too. They'll get a top tier lotto pick this year and most likely next year. I think the Lakers can turn it around rather quickly especially if a Durant, Kevin Love, or Westbrook go there. Probably need two of them which they could haul in.

Westbrook isn't getting traded after the Harden debacle. Not by Presti at least.
    I think it would be a mistake but I could see a knee jerk reaction panic trade. I would also assume Presti and Brooks would be fired if they lost in the first round.

Anyways I should have took Sark's advice and not deal with hypotheticals.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Durant is going to Washington when he becomes a FA. HTH