Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Matt Brash looks good

Too bad the offense still fucking blows. Officially on the Kelenic is a bust thread, the kid mentally takes himself out of it and this will be an ongoing issue. I am sure if he went to AAA he would destroy the baseball then come back up and look like he has never seen a major league pitcher before.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    From today's game. Are you saying this is bad?

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2022

What is even worse is he isn't even close to making contact with the ball, everything is a massive whiff. At least last year when he was on his terrible streak he at least was stoning the ball right at people on occasion. His only hit this year so far was a gigantic pop up to the pitchers mound and the first basemen lazily missed it without touching the ball. He has struck out 9 times in 17 plat appearances so far this year... JFC.
  • Options
    Founders Club

What is even worse is he isn't even close to making contact with the ball, everything is a massive whiff. At least last year when he was on his terrible streak he at least was stoning the ball right at people on occasion. His only hit this year so far was a gigantic pop up to the pitchers mound and the first basemen lazily missed it without touching the ball. He has struck out 9 times in 17 plat appearances so far this year... JFC.
    Trade him to Boston for Heathcliff Slocumb so that they can develop Kelenic in to a 10-time All-Star. The Script.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022
    Good players don’t hit .180 over half a season. He’s a 4A player and I’ve been saying that since last year.

Kelenic will always hit for a low average. One year he will hit 30+ HR’s but that’s 5+ years from now.

The good hitters on the Mariners will heat up. It’s early.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Brash still looks good. He better keep it up too. Stoudt and Kirby are right on his heels.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    That didn't last long.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,246
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like it...Brash has some nasty shit, but doesn't have command yet...out of the pen (ILTCIOOTP, IWILTD), 2 pitches for strikes works. Starters need at least three commanded pitches to get through a line-up 3-plus times.

I also like it because it tells me they are trying to win NOW. It has frustrated me no end that the M's have shied away from this in the past with their young pitchers. Gilbert struggled at times last year because he didn't have a viable 3rd pitch, and they had no one behind him who they could plug in to start...this year, he has a change up in the mix, with better (more consistent) results.

He will (A) Figure it out over time and return as a starter, or (B) Not figure it out, and become a high-leverage pen guy, or (C) get injured, released, and make the All Star game as a Devil Ray or Dodger...

It buys him time to figure it out, and to contribute this year, not in 20-what ever...
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,609
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All that plus it gets Kirby up and right into the rotation. I've been waiting for it, but hoped it would be for some reason other than Brash getting exposed.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    All hitters had to do was recognize spin on Brash's pitch and then just not swing. Once that slider is being consistently thrown for strikes, he is going to be good.