Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just a quick FYI regarding the next Hardcore Husky podcast

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,669 Founders Club
We will be next podding on April 25th. We will break down spring ball as much as we can while remaining entertaining

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,596 Founders Club
    The pressure just builds and builds
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Asa Turner Overdrive is getting a bunch of coachspeak hype from the defensive staff. Morrel and Inge have both mentioned him by name as having stood out in winter conditioning and spring camp. Can this look like Tarzan, play like Jane candyass really resuscitate his UW career with a coaching change or am I once again being grifted by the Seattle media and yet another coaching staff talking this kid up? Could ATO really fool a whole new group of coaches into believing he's good or has he actually turned a corner? Dare I say that his play is night and day different from last year? Dare I say it?

Have they gone full contact yet?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,492 Standard Supporter

The tension just builds and builds

• theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    Was wondering how you guys see how the QB situation plays out. Personally, I see Penix starting (if he’s healthy) and then getting hurt around week 5-6, I’m assuming Huard would then come in and with solid play Dyldo would hit the portal at the end of the season.
    From everything I’ve seen, Penix has the most talent and it’s not even close
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,669 Founders Club
    (Yes I know I spelled JoeEDangerously wrong but it wouldn't let me type lowercase and it looked weird with two E's.)
    edited April 2022

(Yes I know I spelled JoeEDangerously wrong but it wouldn't let me type lowercase and it looked weird with two E's.)

Asa Turner Overdrive is getting a bunch of coachspeak hype from the defensive staff. Morrel and Inge have both mentioned him by name as having stood out in winter conditioning and spring camp. Can this look like Tarzan, play like Jane candyass really resuscitate his UW career with a coaching change or am I once again being grifted by the Seattle media and yet another coaching staff talking this kid up? Could ATO really fool a whole new group of coaches into believing he's good or has he actually turned a corner? Dare I say that his play is night and day different from last year? Dare I say it?

Asa has been taking care of business

Every day
    I’ve heard we ain’t seen nothing yet… and I’d agree we ain’t seen nothing so far
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,058 Founders Club

I approve of this plagiarism of my shit fucko.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,868 Founders Club

Asa has been taking care of business

Every day
    I’ve heard we ain’t seen nothing yet… and I’d agree we ain’t seen nothing so far
    If his train's on time he gets to practice at 9 and works on nothing all day
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,492 Standard Supporter
    edited April 2022
    Swaye said:

We talking about pods or edging? I am fine with either.
    I never played team football. But it's often mentioned, when talking about DL schemes, that a lineman on the edge is either standing up or hand-down. This distinction is mentioned so often that you'd think it's really fucking relevant.

How is it relevant? Is there some rule about it? Is it just a matter or leverage vs. speed from a starting stance? Why is this mentioned like it's got big implications?
  • HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 501
    Yore entertaining?
    Swaye said:

Fair warning, I’m lackluster at both
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,669 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,461 Founders Club
    Couple questions:

Which staff had the bigger wtf/oh shit/houston we have a problem after seeing 1st open/spring practice? Pete in 2014 with Cyler, Lindquist, Montana at QB, or Kaleb and his rb "stable" where they really will use that position in a 70-30 pass offense on average 4 plays per quarter. To be a fly on the wall in those coaches meetings

In your years of Husky Fandom, have you ever seen program interest, caring, buzz, etc for UW Football this low and overall apathy this high? In my 40 plus years, this is by far the worst. Even in 2008 TY there was sense of optimism that the page was going to turn and we'd have a new coach for 2009 and the fanbase was still there and going to games. Today that fanbase is gone and hasn't been remotely replaced.