Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Better seats for you guys!

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,236
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022
    dannarc said:

Husky Stadium will be sparsely populated next season. Like @puppylove_sugarsteel favorite steelhead hole, there just won't be the numbers of fish there anymore. The Seahawks and 12's are reeling and rebuilding, DeBoner needs to pull a rabbit out of his ass to garner some buzz and excitement. If this doesn't happen it's pea patch tim until the next coaching search where we get our sweatpant Boner from some instaclown that bleeds purple and says "enter hottest coach in America" is coming here(Bob Stoops, fuck off) which he won't, but it will prop up business for the sinking legion of Husky scrap metal salesman....

Fuck off, it's midday, and reads like a drunk post, which it's not because I have a meeting in 1hr

And like ever declining steelhead runs, the causes are numerous and can't be linked to one single factor.

Again, Seattle Yella, probably sucks it up and keeps the tickets out of boredom and excuse to go tailgate and take my son to the game. So, I'm not really the best anecdotal evidence here.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,724
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022

haie said:

I know more people giving up season tickets than keeping them. No one is giving them up because of Covid fear.

Jen has possibly killed the golden goose
    Like everything in life, it's somewhere in-between.

The Seattle people still have a massive convenience and the cost to them isn't really taxing.
    I'm 100% certain season ticket sales will be off significantly.

I talked to 2 people yesterday who live in the Seattle area who are out. For the same reason I am. Unknown start times. Unappealing opponents, pick a seat anytime you want to go on stub hub for less than season tickets, the lack of commitment to winning, a general perception of a move away from traditions that connected people to the program and toward a more NFL atmosphere.

No one I know was afraid of Covid, but many I know refused to show proof of vaccine or deal with mask horseshit. Hopefully those things don't return.

When a late start time is announced for Kent state or Portland state I'll be happy to not see my tickets languish on stub hub for $8.
    Most people I'm related to or are friends with who live in Seattle hate money and applaud UW for the stuff last year. Live in Wallingford or Ballard and re upped without a second guess.

I get that greater WA people aren't driving out for this, but I doubt the AD cares.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2022
    “ . . . hate money and applaud UW for the stuff last year . . .”

Applaud UW for what? Winning 4 games?

Firing Jimmy Fake and eating $10M?

You’re full of shit.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    trublue said:

You’re full of shit.

He probably means for the way they handled Covid. "The Washington Way..."
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If I had to guess I would say season tickets will be down 15+%. Not insignificant. Tickets will be easily found on stub hub. Parking too.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2022

If I had to guess I would say season tickets will be down 15+%. Not insignificant. Tickets will be easily found on stub hub. Parking too.

I'm not even just talking about UW, but OSU and Orygyunn grads I talk to as well: the circumstances make it so that you need to just buy game to game tickets. It doesn't make sense to get seasons tickets unless you live in or near Eugene, Seattle, Corvallis, and Pullman.

Quooks I'm fri nds with only had interest in going to their WSU and Plat' Cup games and wanted to spend the rest of their season ticket money on hookers and blow.

That's a Pac 12 problem, and a lot of the points you made deal with that. Not my problem to figure that out obviously, hopefully the fucking Oregon grads in th UW AD understand money and marketing, but that's doubtful.

But my personal group wants to burn money on all of that still. They actually feel sorry for the AD because of covid.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I'm not even just talking about UW, but OSU and Orygyunn grads I talk to as well: the circumstances make it so that you need to just buy game to game tickets. It doesn't make sense to get seasons tickets unless you live in or near Eugene, Seattle, Corvallis, and Pullman.

Quooks I'm fri nds with only had interest in going to their WSU and Plat' Cup games and wanted to spend the rest of their season ticket money on hookers and blow.

That's a Pac 12 problem, and a lot of the points you made deal with that. Not my problem to figure that out obviously, hopefully the fucking Oregon grads in th UW AD understand money and marketing, but that's doubtful.

But my personal group wants to burn money on all of that still. They actually feel sorry for the AD because of covid.
    Feel sorry? That’s a shitty excuse.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,122
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought my tickets were gone. Apparently not. Still better tickets for you all

Thank you for your past support of Washington Athletics and the Husky Football program. Payment for your season tickets was due on March 4, 2022. We have attempted to contact you as a reminder of the due date. As a valued season ticket holder, we have held your seats in case missing your payment is an oversight.

Your seats will be released at the end of the day today. We have included a brief exit survey below, thank you for sharing your feedback on your time as a season ticket holder.

If you would like to retain your season tickets, please contact the Husky Ticket Office immediately at 206-543-2200 or tickets@uw.edu, or renew your tickets online by 4pm today.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    trublue said:

haie said:

I would take your seats, and light money on fire, but I have 3 month old and 2 year old demons.

But I could play the "fuck your parents" card on my wife too. hmm.

OR

“ declining season ticket holder base is bullshit. Maybe we by the people here, but my inner circle is all alums (amazon/tech types) and they're donating as much as ever. The people HERE aren't donating, whoop dee fucking doo.

These are all people sitting on the field, Tyee.
    Try getting your story straight, “Barry.”

Which is it?

Or are you drunk poasting again?

Your “inner circle” may be as you say, but I’d bet most of the “amazon/tech (/Antifa) types” are big SEATTLE SOUNDER fans, not Washington Husky football fans.

Sit this one out, kid.
    trublue said:

You’re full of shit.

You're not very dialed in on the football board.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,682
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    trublue said:

You’re full of shit.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    Swaye's Wigwam