Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marjorie Taylor Greene and Lauren Boebert heckled Joe Biden during the State of the Union speech

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Boebert is a dolt. ATBS, that outburst is far from the dumbest thing she’s said.

That was an awful look for MGT speaking at that convention, and her response was moronic too. The House gets a handful of imbeciles every Congress. Pretty common really.

These aren’t the paragons you’re looking for.

Even an idiot can be right though. She has good points about voting procedures.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,088
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Boebert is a dolt. ATBS, that outburst is far from the dumbest thing she’s said.

That was an awful look for MGT speaking at that convention, and her response was moronic too. The House gets a handful of imbeciles every Congress. Pretty common really.

MGT is no dolt. That's ridiculous. I think some people hear the Southern accent and can't get past it.

The only credible bad thing I've heard about her is that Ben Shapiro says she has exhibited anti-semitic rhetoric. But I've listened to her for many hours and haven't heard anything to suggest that.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    She's a fighter. Leftists like hh and kobe hate that in women who don't think like them. The rat party is full of racists and idiots I wouldn't let balance my checkbook, but whoa, that Boebert.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

MGT is no dolt. That's ridiculous. I think some people hear the Southern accent and can't get past it.

The only credible bad thing I've heard about her is that Ben Shapiro says she has exhibited anti-semitic rhetoric. But I've listened to her for many hours and haven't heard anything to suggest that.
    Boebert is the dolt. MGT spoke at some low-rent white nationalist convention in the last couple weeks.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Boebert is the dolt. MGT spoke at some low-rent white nationalist convention in the last couple weeks.
    link?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2022

link?
    https://tulsaworld.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/mcgeachin-delivers-taped-speech-to-white-nationalist-meeting/article_24439661-5933-5238-a5b2-e3384fe42bb9.html

I didn't dig into this to get to the details, but on the surface it's not a good look.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

link?
    https://tulsaworld.com/news/national/govt-and-politics/mcgeachin-delivers-taped-speech-to-white-nationalist-meeting/article_24439661-5933-5238-a5b2-e3384fe42bb9.html

I didn't dig into this to get to the details, but on the surface it's not a good look.
    And her response when questioned was something to effect, “I was trying to reach young voters.”
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

link?

Based on that article I disagree. The guy running it has the last name Fuentes, and the ones citing them as White Nationalist were Liz Cheney and the Southern Poverty Law Center. That's not proof the group is racist. Need more than that.

I'd like to find what Ben Shapiro was referring to.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

She's a fighter. Leftists like hh and kobe hate that in women who don't think like them. The rat party is full of racists and idiots I wouldn't let balance my checkbook, but whoa, that Boebert.

They love their anti-semites. We know which ones.
  • Options

Swaye said:

link?

Based on that article I disagree. The guy running it has the last name Fuentes, and the ones citing them as White Nationalist were Liz Cheney and the Southern Poverty Law Center. That's not proof the group is racist. Need more than that.

Any group that disagrees with the Left is racist according to the SPLC. They’re a fraud org.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

"Launched in May 2020, the Foundation’s mission is to be a civic organization that will educate, promote, and advocate for conservative values based on principles of American Nationalism, Christianity, and Traditionalism."

https://americafirstfoundation.org/about/

Been pretty light on primary source material. If they are white nationalists they don't do a good job of promoting it. I guess "American Nationalism" is a racist dogwhistle or something at this point.

Lots of Daily Beast articles proclaiming it's a "white nationalist" event and of course Wikipedia then states "widely described as a white nationalist event" citing all the daily beast articles.

Some of the video clips poasted were not good, at all. Open, ass always, that there was twisting involved, but still. The org itself is of no account and no one would have paid attention except for MTG appearing.
  • Options
    POTUS was chums with a KKK official. For decades. Case closed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kalen DeBoer is a 4-8 record away from being a white nationalist

• Options
    Founders Club

"Launched in May 2020, the Foundation’s mission is to be a civic organization that will educate, promote, and advocate for conservative values based on principles of American Nationalism, Christianity, and Traditionalism."

Been pretty light on primary source material. If they are white nationalists they don't do a good job of promoting it. I guess "American Nationalism" is a racist dogwhistle or something at this point.

Lots of Daily Beast articles proclaiming it's a "white nationalist" event and of course Wikipedia then states "widely described as a white nationalist event" citing all the daily beast articles.

Some of the video clips poasted were not good, at all. Open, ass always, that there was twisting involved, but still. The org itself is of no account and no one would have paid attention except for MTG appearing.
    I have listened to MTG talk for a good 6-7 hours now in total. I have heard nothing to suggest that she is racist.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Wait, but I thought you wrote they were a white nationalist organization? Your implication was that MTG is a dolt and you cited her speaking at a "white nationalist organization event" as an example. You may think she's not on your intellectual par and for that your accusation of dolt could be argued but to accuse her of being a racist is using a fraudulent playbook if you ask me which I'm sure you're not so I'll just fuck off now.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

Wait, but I thought you wrote they were a white nationalist organization? Your implication was that MTG is a dolt and you cited her speaking at a "white nationalist organization event" as an example. You may think she's not on your intellectual par and for that your accusation of dolt could be argued but to accuse her of being a racist is using a fraudulent playbook if you ask me which I'm sure you're not so I'll just fuck off now.
    Lotta twisters out here. I called Boerbeert a dolt. Nor did I say MTG is a racist, only that she spoke at an alleged white nationalist convention.

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,128
    edited March 2022

Swaye said:

link?

I think you’re more astute than this. A traditionally Hispanic surname doesn’t preclude a person from viewpoints that favor non-Hispanics

Fuentes, who has been banned from some social media channels after making racist and antisemitic comments, accused mainstream pro-Trump Republicans of betraying the former president’s agenda and said America needed to protect its “White demographic core.” He ridiculed Gosar’s congressional colleagues and mocked the partial paralysis of Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gosar-racism-remarks/2021/02/27/64f8ffa4-7901-11eb-948d-19472e683521_story.html