Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PWOOF WOOF - Jaivion Green, DB, Houston (Committed)

Comments

• mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He’s coming on a full ride scholly not PWO
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2022
    mrdoog said:

He’s coming on a full ride scholly not PWO

Apparently we are. all reports up to this point suggested he was a preferred walk on
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2022
    Not a good sign that he has to clarify it. I'll give the staff a pass for this year since they had to string his class together last minute but I'm surprised they couldn't get at least some guys with G5 level offers.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Beat out Bucknell and Dartmouth for this kid. Another one of Courtney's diamonds
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Pretty sure if I read right he’s coming out of a decent Houston area league …

Those aren’t the type of players in Texas that are viewed as under the radar types
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Beat out Bucknell and Dartmouth for this kid. Another one of Courtney's diamonds

Beats Spiker and Osbourne rather easily
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Academically prowess
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Can he fucking play?
  • TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 461
    I don’t get those offers either but it appears he played safety his jr year and switched to corner for his sr season. Senior tape looked really good to me although like with all hudl it’s just highlights. Looks quick, changes direction nicely and fills and recognizes runs very well. 7 interceptions is noteworthy in terms of ball skills as well.
    Maybe he wasn’t a circuit guy or 7 v7 dingbat but he was 2 nd team all state fb 6 a in Texas.
    Maybe we found a hidden gem here or maybe I’m totally wrong.
    Maybe BTP can give us his take.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He’s gonna win you guys over with his grit and never-say-die attitude on the field.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Academically prowess
    Tequilla said:

Those aren’t the type of players in Texas that are viewed as under the radar types

Lamar played for the 6A state champ not very long ago.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

Can he fucking play?

No

Tequilla said:

It still happens. Eddy played at Gorman next to a 5 star and multiple other D-1 guys. Bobby Wagner went to camp at USC and Pete Carroll didn’t even notice or remember him. Baker Mayfield was a walk on and was the QB of a high school that has churned out tons of good college QB’s.
    It’s a fair point and it’s very possible that you may see a higher % of this than normal with the impacts of COVID the last 2 years
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 330
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I like this guys film. The one downside I can find is that he doesn’t flip his hips well when he transitions out of his backpedal. Hopefully learning technique can help that some because everything else looks good.

He has good ball skills, looks to have a high IQ in terms of diagnosing the play and likes to hit. He has good short space quickness.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,393
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It still happens. Eddy played at Gorman next to a 5 star and multiple other D-1 guys. Bobby Wagner went to camp at USC and Pete Carroll didn’t even notice or remember him. Baker Mayfield was a walk on and was the QB of a high school that has churned out tons of good college QB’s.
    It’s a fair point and it’s very possible that you may see a higher % of this than normal with the impacts of COVID the last 2 years
    Seattle Times had an article about exactly this last week. The drop in local kids getting offers due to COVID impacts, even at lower levels, versus years prior is pretty significant.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seattle Times had an article about exactly this last week. The drop in local kids getting offers due to COVID impacts, even at lower levels, versus years prior is pretty significant.
    It’s going to have long standing impacts over the next 2-5 years IMO

I definitely think it has a chance to show up in the shadows of the bigger areas and districts …

I’m much more intrigued about the twins given their journey (not to mention there are elements that hit a bit home for me) than a kid out of Houston (he should have had exposure)