Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 775
    Better than Glenn and I’ve never heard of the dude.
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710 Swaye's Wigwam
    Its a good thing to keep the Oregon pipeline going, it creates more lunch buddies of kindred spirits for Ms. Karen.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,022 Swaye's Wigwam
    What does a director of recruiting actually do?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,038
    Didn't someone claim they talked to Brandon Huffman and he said Justin Glenn was one of the worst hires he's ever seen
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    edited January 2022

Didn't someone claim they talked to Brandon Huffman and he said Justin Glenn was one of the worst hires he's ever seen

Yea, that was a family friend of mine. I think part of it was just the trickle down of whatever recruiting strategy or lack there of the last few years, but there was something about lack of attention to detail, forgetting recruits or their parents names when they came to visit, and a general sense of disorganization. Perhaps when he will do better under Courtney in more of a talent evaluator role.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,049

I assume it was dawgpound and not dawgman but a reliable poster said he had a connection in the program and said Glenn treated it like an 8 to 4:30 job. He said the department imploded after Lake fired Petagna.
  • theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    Take with a grain of salt, per usual, but what I’ve heard from some in-state recruits that Glenn was ‘recruiting’ then by texting them once or twice, then going ghost all together or barely responding.
    The same parents of the kids have told me that Morgan has been reaching out, trying to mend broken fences. Seems like too little too late for ‘22 guys but I don’t really know shit
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Somehow JonDon wasn't even Jimmy's worst hire
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    It's hard to call Justin Glenn a complete failure when his entire job is limited by how much his coaching staff gives a shit about recruiting, which Lake and Co did not
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    There is a noticeable difference in recruiting and coach visits to high schools just by following Washington football on Twitter

I'm too old for discord
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,033 Standard Supporter

There is a noticeable difference in recruiting and coach visits to high schools just by following Washington football on Twitter

I'm too old for discord

I’m assuming it’s the TBS dorks and a bunch of younger doogs. At a certain point, I don’t know how a fan could go thru Spiker and Osborne being the best WR’s on the West Coast, Kaho, Smalls, Irvin, Asa Turner, our monster DL classes that currently sucks, yada, yada. The types that ponder and get excited about what the depth chart will look like in 2025.

UW is a development program and either the new staff can evaluate and develop or they can’t. I’m mostly done with the ups and downs of this bullshit. Every now and then I get excited about getting a recruit, but it’s pretty rare. We will get who we get and the expectations are the same. Win the fucking PAC 12.
    I wouldn’t give up on some of the talent we have still being developed. I think it’s pretty obvious the old staff believed their own bullshit and it turned into a country club for assistants on the development side too, not just scheme. They were historically bad.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I'm too old for discord

I’m assuming it’s the TBS dorks and a bunch of younger doogs. At a certain point, I don’t know how a fan could go thru Spiker and Osborne being the best WR’s on the West Coast, Kaho, Smalls, Irvin, Asa Turner, our monster DL classes that currently sucks, yada, yada. The types that ponder and get excited about what the depth chart will look like in 2025.

UW is a development program and either the new staff can evaluate and develop or they can’t. I’m mostly done with the ups and downs of this bullshit. Every now and then I get excited about getting a recruit, but it’s pretty rare. We will get who we get and the expectations are the same. Win the fucking PAC 12.
    I wouldn’t give up on some of the talent we have still being developed. I think it’s pretty obvious the old staff believed their own bullshit and it turned into a country club for assistants on the development side too, not just scheme. They were historically bad.
    There will be a few guys for sure that will show improvement but a lot of them simply don’t seem good at all. I don’t see standout skills.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,493 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm too old for discord

There will be a few guys for sure that will show improvement but a lot of them simply don’t seem good at all. I don’t see standout skills.
    I don't know if you've heard, but the boys are working harder than ever.