Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Refinancing house

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
I can’t remember if this is a finance bored anymore or strictly bitcoin. But fuck it I’m gonna ask a question anyways

Looking to refinance our house but I’m not really sure where to start or who to contact. I’ve only done this once years ago and Son of a bitch I made a mistake by filling out an application online with like lending tree or one of those. Phone blew up instantly with guys calling me from all over the country. Truly awful.

And if one of you suggest Jared Sawyer I would rather get testicular cancer

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2022
    I would go with a standard bank or a mortgage broker friend that won’t premium charge you. The fees shouldn’t be much higher than the online services, plus they walk you through everything you need. A friend of mine used Rocket, and it was a little cheaper, but a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2022
    So it depends on what you are trying to do and how long u want to stay in your house

As an example; the average person stays in their house for seven years and as a result gains very little in pay down of debt because 30 year amortization loans are front loaded so that virtually all of your loan payment is classified as interest for the first 10 years…. To see how that works run the amortization schedule for a loan using one of the online loan calculator

Avoid those sites that ask you all of the questions including your address, email etc… they are fronts for the same phone tree execsize you want to avoid

Calculator.net will let you see what you are hoping for… just oook on the net for 30 year loans, get a feeling for what rates are an plug in the rate to the calculator and then click the amortization button for the full picture

Rates are in the 3.5 to 3.7 range now for 30 year fixed loans

If you know that you are going to move in the next 5-10 years you are better off gettin an interest only loan which is fixed for 10 years at todays low rates… the math is simply; you just multiply the loan amount by your interest rate and divide by 12 to calculate your monthly payment

Or you can also get a shorter amortization loan which still will be front loaded so that it will take a while to begin payin down principal but will get to that point sooner

If you know any big time real estate agents they usually know where to get the best loans and can make the introduction

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,751
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2022

So it depends on what you are trying to do and how long u want to stay in your house

As an example; the average person stays in their house for seven years and as a result gains very little in pay down of debt because 30 year amortization loans are front loaded so that virtually all of your loan payment is classified as interest for the first 10 years…. To see how that works run the amortization schedule for a loan using one of the online loan calculator

Avoid those sites that ask you all of the questions including your address, email etc… they are fronts for the same phone tree execsize you want to avoid

Calculator.net will let you see what you are hoping for… just oook on the net for 30 year loans, get a feeling for what rates are an plug in the rate to the calculator and then click the amortization button for the full picture

Rates are in the 3.5 to 3.7 range now for 30 year fixed loans

If you know that you are going to move in the next 5-10 years you are better off gettin an interest only loan which is fixed for 10 years at todays low rates… the math is simply; you just multiply the loan amount by your interest rate and divide by 12 to calculate your monthly payment

Or you can also get a shorter amortization loan which still will be front loaded so that it will take a while to begin payin down principal but will get to that point sooner

If you know any big time real estate agents they usually know where to get the best loans and can make the introduction

Introduction: Send @El_K a PM

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Thanks fellas. This isn’t my bag….and the Lending Tree thing really soured me.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2022
    I guess this should be asked

Are you refinancing to remove Mortgage insurance? Cash-out? Shortening the term?
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,086
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I am in the business. PM me if you have any questions.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,751
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    El_K said:

@HuskyJW and @El_K, having met both of you IRL, I'm confident you would work well together.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,913
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

El_K said:

@HuskyJW and @El_K, having met both of you IRL, I'm confident you would work well together.

I can't imagine anyone not getting along with @El_K