Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jeremiah Martin Confirms He Is Staying At The UW...

2»

Comments

• theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    HFNY said:

Martin is a better fit for SDE in a 4-3. He's not much of a fast twitch fiber guy so being a stand-up rush player and more in space isn't his best use.

McDonald was more of a Rush guy / OLB so his fit in a 4-2-5 would have been more tenuous.

I suspect that Martin and Jordan L. will compete for SDE and Trice / Smalls / Heims will compete for WDE.

This guy gets it

• theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    digits said:

Trice is the guy outside that actually has real potential.

He flashed for sure, looking fwd to seeing what he can do in this new scheme.
    Same scheme this year
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,861
    theLSkid said:

Canadawg said:

theLSkid said:

I think Martin is gonna be our best Dlinemen this year.
    I could regret this statement but he’s the only fucking guy at the edge who made a play this year

Based on what?? He was a borderline starter based on the eye test and he was behind several other guys stat wise
    Yes he was behind him because he got hurt, but based on his run stopping ability, he closes the weak side DE gap on run plays when they try to run zone inside on him he actually makes the play, unlike Savell and other DEs who keep going outside and the RB cuts back for 20+ yards.

He wants to make a play, he doesn’t want to “just keep contain” 24/7.
    It’s a feeling, could be wrong, we will see.

He's a solid athlete too. He just hasn't been coached for a damn in his entire career.