Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PAC-12 recruiting

46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Not impressive thus far. UCLA planning on filling holes with portal guys in year 5 of CK. Not adding anymore HS guys this class. I’m glad he turned down Oregon. Allegedly.

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,490
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey do you want to play in empty stadiums at home and on the road. Play on Fridays. Play on Pac-12 Network. Live in cities where people and leaders practically enjoy Covid restrictions. Go to school with nerds. Then basically have BYU run train on your conference?

Ranking options of going Pac-12 now:

1. USC - Actually appealing at the moment with the Lincoln Riley train. I'm not hating.
    2. Utah - The conference's best team is coached by a guy who has been there before Twitter in mormon country that's not even on the west coast.
    3. Oregon - You get cash from weird money laundering slave labor shoes, Phil Knights weird cam model house thing, and NFTs made by an old man designer guy who dresses like the girls in their 30s you went to high school with.
    4. Some smart kid school your parents might like.
    5. A former hick school in the country.
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    UCLA will never be anything other than mediocre
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    46XiJCAB said:

Not impressive thus far. UCLA planning on filling holes with portal guys in year 5 of CK. Not adding anymore HS guys this class. I’m glad he turned down Oregon. Allegedly.

Chip has always been a shitty recruiter. He lacks both the patience and personality to pull it off.
  • Options

Hey do you want to play in empty stadiums at home and on the road. Play on Fridays. Play on Pac-12 Network. Live in cities where people and leaders practically enjoy Covid restrictions. Go to school with nerds. Then basically have BYU run train on your conference?

1. USC - Actually appealing at the moment with the Lincoln Riley train. I'm not hating.
    2. Utah - The conference's best team is coached by a guy who has been there before Twitter in mormon country that's not even on the west coast.
    3. Oregon - You get cash from weird money laundering slave labor shoes, Phil Knights weird cam model house thing, and NFTs made by an old man designer guy who dresses like the girls in their 30s you went to high school with.

Of course a Washington guy bows to USC … again.

Embarrassing.
  • Options
    TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 818
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

This is why we can't get the right AD, players, coaches, staff, etc. Pac-12 is the JV league. You'll see more of G5 and FCS players, coaches, and staff using the Pac-12 as a resume builder before moving on to where they really want to work.

I mean, if you're a 17 year-old kid and your choices are playing inside the potato chip in Eugene while you go to school with a bunch of wack jobs or play in Alabama with a packed stadium full of smokeshows and get paid well to do it...what tf do you think they're gonna do?

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TXDawg said:

This is why we can't get the right AD, players, coaches, staff, etc. Pac-12 is the JV league. You'll see more of G5 and FCS players, coaches, and staff using the Pac-12 as a resume builder before moving on to where they really want to work.

I mean, if you're a 17 year-old kid and your choices are playing inside the potato chip in Eugene while you go to school with a bunch of wack jobs or play in Alabama with a packed stadium full of smokeshows and get paid well to do it...what tf do you think they're gonna do?

I get this is a common trope but Jfc when’s the last time you’ve been to Eugene? Most of the female student body is now hot girls from LA or the bay who couldn’t get into UC schools
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

TXDawg said:

I get this is a common trope but Jfc when’s the last time you’ve been to Eugene? Most of the female student body is now hot girls from LA or the bay who couldn’t get into UC schools
    This is true and pretty much just about any college has hot girls. One of the reasons I think Oregon has done the best out of Pac-12 schools in recent history is how most factors line up with them being most similar to a Big 10 or SEC school, but out west.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Embarrassing.
    Yeah, USC is a legit program. I'd bow to Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, etc too. If you can pull off being a football player at USC the right way it's a good setup.
  • Options

Embarrassing.
    Yeah, USC is a legit program. I'd bow to Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, etc too. If you can pull off being a football player at USC the right way it's a good setup.
    Eh, you're in the high 200s. This one precedes you by too long. NVM. It's really not your fault.