Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A Football Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Who the fuck cares.

We got Peterman now.

It matters because it shows how under coached these kids really were. Despite all that they still went 9-4 last year.

Gives us even more hope going forward as we finally have a coach in place who stresses special teams, being focused, pass blocking for an RB, the basics, etc which should buy us an extra 1-2 wins.

Sark was a negative 1 win coach a year so if Petersen is just average that alone is on average going to be an one win improvement. If Petersen is a plus one coach which I think he will be then you are talking an extra two wins.

Had he been our coach last year I think Stanford and UCLA are wins while Oregon/ASU aren't plungers.

It really sounds like you're making excuses for Peterman sucking this year.

relax.

1. Peterman won't suck

2. If for some fluke he does suck he doesn't want you making fucking excuses.

That's not at all what I'm doing. Not surprised you are too dumb to miss my point.

If anything I'm stating why I think it's not "unrealistic" to expect 10-11 wins this year.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

That Stanford loss was a real blow for the entire season. Played Oregon tough for 3 quarters but ran out of gas as I predicted on the podcast that week. After that the team wasn't playing for anything because they knew they were done. However....if they beat Stanford, then they are still playing for something against UCLA.

Going into UCLA, Stanford & UW would have 2 conference losses & Oregon 1. Oregon finished 7-2 and almost lost to OSU & would have been 6-3.

For UW to tie Oregon & Stanford all that needed to happen was UW beats Stanford & Oregon loses to OSU. For UW to win the division they needed to beat Stanford, UCLA and have Oregon lose to OSU.

Bottom line is if they come away with that game, the scope of the season changes quite a bit. Maybe you beat UCLA and sneak into a BCS bowl game.

When did Stephanie Sarkisian hack your account?
    oh, man I bet her world was rocked the day she found out she was losing the dockboy.