Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Does UW have a spot for another edge guy?

Maybe it's time for #46 to seek other opportunities.

I’d fucking hope they learned from their mistakes with Butler and just a talented player now, worry about numbers later
    Yep. I'd like to think there were other factors at play with Butler. That's a really stupid mistake if they actually wanted him and actually didn't think they'd have room.
    There's no way they made that mistake. I don't buy it. Definitely factors at play that we're unaware of. If there weren't rumors that he was leaning towards us or whatever, we wouldn't be talking about it anymore. Curious where those rumors came from anyway. If it was from Dawgman or Discord, those rumors should be taken with a salt mine. Especially if it came from Fleenor. These people are throwing whatever shitty crack they have to the addicts. Whether it ends up being true or not is irrelevant to them. They're either getting paid to keep the addicts on the hook or they get off on addicts hanging on their every word in a sadistic display of self-importance. Honor is dead. DEAD.
    How is Fleenor remotely considered an insider? When's the last scoop he broke that wasn't already on Twitter?
    Oh he certainly plays dress-up. From the Discord, paraphrasing slightly, "Brett McMurphy texted me saying Michigan and UW are playing in the Rose Bowl". That and other comments along those exact lines. I called it out, he immediately cried and threatened to take his ball and go home, one thing led to another, and now I can no longer access the Discord. Fleenor did start saving me $8 a month though; I'll give him that. If that's even his real name. Dude is a charlatan.
    I'm embarrassed to admit I also pay $8 for the Discord VIP tier but I plan on cancelling as soon as this season and recruiting cycle winds down. While it had a promising start, the mods particularly Izzo, have gradually transformed into Kim Jr. I do commend them in being able to garner equal or better sources than Dawgman in such a short time but the censoring of any critiques about the program and the fellating of the coaches is very DM-esque. All season they've hyped up an amazing portal haul to make up for the lackluster HS recruiting but it turns out they vastly overpromised and underdelivered. Any posters pointing this out are labeled as insane and threatened to get banned.
    You realize the portal cycle isn't even close to finished right?
    This is true. But people have been exaggerating how big of an impact this was going to be on the program. It's been underwhelming thus far on who has signed if you are trying to be a top 12 program next season. The second wave will happen but with classes starting right after break for some schools that can become more complicated.

Missed on all the top safeties they wanted/needed.

Missed on the corner they pursued.

Missed on a lot of defensive linemen and now the bj green situation (would be a nice snag) is getting a little weird.

No running back (maybe DJ returns and it doesn't matter?)

No WR (not as concerned here but Brazell would have been a nice get)

The reality is the top guys we really wanted went to other schools. In many cases also went to Oregon and USC. Same as high school recruiting.
    Who did Oregon get that we wanted?

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Savage visited UW, no?

Glad we whiffed if that's the case. Fat, short, and has tackling issues.
    Myles Bryant was 5'8" and the best safety we've had since 2019 and ticking. Ben he was playing out of position. We have not had an above average safety since. Many were below average. He didn't have tackling issues though. No idea if the KSU guy was good or not other than we targeted him and missed.
    He has the most missed tackles in the big 12 over the last 2 seasons.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,992
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

I’d fucking hope they learned from their mistakes with Butler and just a talented player now, worry about numbers later
    Yep. I'd like to think there were other factors at play with Butler. That's a really stupid mistake if they actually wanted him and actually didn't think they'd have room.
    There's no way they made that mistake. I don't buy it. Definitely factors at play that we're unaware of. If there weren't rumors that he was leaning towards us or whatever, we wouldn't be talking about it anymore. Curious where those rumors came from anyway. If it was from Dawgman or Discord, those rumors should be taken with a salt mine. Especially if it came from Fleenor. These people are throwing whatever shitty crack they have to the addicts. Whether it ends up being true or not is irrelevant to them. They're either getting paid to keep the addicts on the hook or they get off on addicts hanging on their every word in a sadistic display of self-importance. Honor is dead. DEAD.
    How is Fleenor remotely considered an insider? When's the last scoop he broke that wasn't already on Twitter?
    Oh he certainly plays dress-up. From the Discord, paraphrasing slightly, "Brett McMurphy texted me saying Michigan and UW are playing in the Rose Bowl". That and other comments along those exact lines. I called it out, he immediately cried and threatened to take his ball and go home, one thing led to another, and now I can no longer access the Discord. Fleenor did start saving me $8 a month though; I'll give him that. If that's even his real name. Dude is a charlatan.
    I'm embarrassed to admit I also pay $8 for the Discord VIP tier but I plan on cancelling as soon as this season and recruiting cycle winds down. While it had a promising start, the mods particularly Izzo, have gradually transformed into Kim Jr. I do commend them in being able to garner equal or better sources than Dawgman in such a short time but the censoring of any critiques about the program and the fellating of the coaches is very DM-esque. All season they've hyped up an amazing portal haul to make up for the lackluster HS recruiting but it turns out they vastly overpromised and underdelivered. Any posters pointing this out are labeled as insane and threatened to get banned.
    This is true. But people have been exaggerating how big of an impact this was going to be on the program. It's been underwhelming thus far on who has signed if you are trying to be a top 12 program next season. The second wave will happen but with classes starting right after break for some schools that can become more complicated.

Missed on a lot of defensive linemen and now the bj green situation (would be a nice snag) is getting a little weird.

The reality is the top guys we really wanted went to other schools. In many cases also went to Oregon and USC. Same as high school recruiting.

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Savage visited UW, no?

Myles Bryant was 5'8" and the best safety we've had since 2019 and ticking. Ben he was playing out of position. We have not had an above average safety since. Many were below average. He didn't have tackling issues though. No idea if the KSU guy was good or not other than we targeted him and missed.
    I guess I am concerned with what we have to fill those spots based off of us pursuing him now.

The young dudes we have need to hit the weight room and "do whatever it takes."
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

I've actually been pleasantly impressed with our portal pickups. The OL guy looks like he'll come in and challenge for starting time right away, if we figure Green's school shit out, he's a great pickup. Even the LB from Vandy is a multi-year starter and should be a quality backup to Bruener and Tupatala. Sounds like we are going hard after a couple WRs.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,599
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I will say it did seem like the TBSers were onto this guy being overrated early and that USC only took him for the star rating.
  • Options

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

I've actually been pleasantly impressed with our portal pickups. The OL guy looks like he'll come in and challenge for starting time right away, if we figure Green's school shit out, he's a great pickup. Even the LB from Vandy is a multi-year starter and should be a quality backup to Bruener and Tupatala. Sounds like we are going hard after a couple WRs.
    Who are they still pursuing as a wr? Brazzel was the only one I was aware of. I didn't really want merriwether personally but I know he visited.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,582
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Who are they still pursuing as a wr? Brazzel was the only one I was aware of. I didn't really want merriwether personally but I know he visited.
    They also got the DL from MSU. 6’4” 290lbs athletes are always good for rotation purposes. If Green gets in you’re looking at a rotation of Tuitele, Green, Valdez, Bandes?, Davis, Parker and Parker. Gaines popped as a RS freshman, hopefully one of the Parker’s, Elineus Davis or Anthony James can add quality depth. This staff lauds its development. Time for some of these guys to contribute.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Mayweather to cal, too high.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,543
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

No one that comes out of Evergreen/Union/Camas is worth it for division I football. Pretty much Jesuit in Portland or don't bother with this area.
  • Options
    haie said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

No one that comes out of Evergreen/Union/Camas is worth it for division I football. Pretty much Jesuit in Portland or don't bother with this area.
    West Linn has some dudes but in general you are not wrong. Portland / Vancouver football is underwhelming. The skill guys always seem soft.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2023

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Savage visited UW, no?

Link? Or is your reading comprehension just really that poor if this is what you’re referring to

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/longformarticle/kansas-state-football-2023-pff-report-card-defense-final-regular-season-review-223038649/#2326756
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

Ramsey and Marks sure.
    Savage visited UW, no?

Link? Or is your reading comprehension just really that poor if this is what you’re referring to

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/longformarticle/kansas-state-football-2023-pff-report-card-defense-final-regular-season-review-223038649/#2326756
    PFF
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

He’s fast and could’ve been a good prospect but oh well.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    TTJ said:

Myles Bryant was 5'8" and the best safety we've had since 2019 and ticking. Ben he was playing out of position. We have not had an above average safety since. Many were below average.

I mean, Elijah Molden was better. Like, way better.

If we’re tallying up other above-average safeties since 2019, there’s Don Hampton (who’s been terrific this year), Bookie Radley-Hiles. I’d say Alex Cook was pretty decent when healthy.
    Molden was primarily a nickel. I think he played safety for a game in 2020 vs Stanford. Radley played nickel his entire year here I believe.

Bryant played nickel and converted to safety his senior year and was way better than Hampton or cook ever were. There is a reason he has lasted in the nfl as a 5'8" player in the secondary.

Point was not about how great Bryant was. He was good not great. We just have had avg to subpar safety play since.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,312
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2023
    haie said:

chuck said:

NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

I've never understood why coachable, athletic talent can't come from any high school in the world. Is there something in the water in Vancouver and Lake Washington HS? Chris Izbicki was the last Kang football hope and we saw where hope got us. As a Kang peer and acquaintance who smoked mad bud with his older brother, Tyrone should have listened to my input before offering that idiot a scholly.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    At WR this is your target
    https://247sports.com/Player/Jeremiah-Hunter-46055162/

Enjoyed watching him in a couple of games. Cal losing Hunter and gaining Merriweather is a net negative.