Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are we Recruiting again? Fischer of Men Recruiting Thread - (Thread links)

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Reports are that Landen Hatchet was dominant in the TBS Bowl game he was in. Biggins says he's getting bumped up to a 4*

This is why I hate TBS shit from them. They couldn't figure out that he was a 4* from his high school career playing real games.

Of course they probably don't respect that league, b/c it's not in California where they can chow down on 20 In n Out burgers while they watch kids.
    We knew he was good before, so why does it matter if he's a 3* or a 4*?

Does Biggins giving him another point on the internet mean he'll be better when he's starting for us in 2026?
    It doesn't, except in the TBS world where perceptions count. Higher rated classes lead to higher rated classes, I think. The recruits see and hear all about the TBS shit. How can they not with weirdos like the doogman and realdawg crews in their face all the time?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,438
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2023
    chuck said:

haie said:

Reports are that Landen Hatchet was dominant in the TBS Bowl game he was in. Biggins says he's getting bumped up to a 4*

This is why I hate TBS shit from them. They couldn't figure out that he was a 4* from his high school career playing real games.

Of course they probably don't respect that league, b/c it's not in California where they can chow down on 20 In n Out burgers while they watch kids.

Does Biggins giving him another point on the internet mean he'll be better when he's starting for us in 2026?
    It doesn't, except in the TBS world where perceptions count. Higher rated classes lead to higher rated classes, I think. The recruits see and hear all about the TBS shit. How can they not with weirdos like the doogman and realdawg crews in their face all the time?
    Kids hear and think about recruiting rankings and stuff, but that goes out the door when they're on campus. I seriously hope kids don't give a shit about their HS rating when they're in the weight room with upperclassmen

If anything, they might remember getting snubbed by certain schools who didn't offer but its never about proving they were a 4* or a 5* when they were rated a 3* or a 2*
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

haie said:

Kids hear and think about recruiting rankings and stuff, but that goes out the door when they're on campus. I seriously hope kids don't give a shit about their HS rating when they're in the weight room with upperclassmen

If anything, they might remember getting snubbed by certain schools who didn't offer but its never about proving they were a 4* or a 5* when they were rated a 3* or a 2*
    We agree. I dont know when I attached that gif but it wasn't meant to be included with my reply.

I remember when auburndoog used to post some fucked up roster analysis during the Sark era. He was always trying to equate recruiting stars to player expected player performance with guys who had been in the roster for years. It was just retardation even though half of his point was correct, that Sark wasn't getting the most out of his talent. I kept trying to explain to him that high school ratings go out the window once a player is on the team and we all got to see how they faired against D1 competition.

I also remember stumbling into an Oregon page near the belotti-chip transition. They had an otherwise cool graphic up showing their starting offense and defense. Each player was shown on the field, with their prospect star rating featured prominently alongside it. Really, really gay but their fans loved it.
  • Options
    chuck said:

chuck said:

haie said:

We agree. I dont know when I attached that gif but it wasn't meant to be included with my reply.

I remember when auburndoog used to post some fucked up roster analysis during the Sark era. He was always trying to equate recruiting stars to player expected player performance with guys who had been in the roster for years. It was just retardation even though half of his point was correct, that Sark wasn't getting the most out of his talent. I kept trying to explain to him that high school ratings go out the window once a player is on the team and we all got to see how they faired against D1 competition.

I also remember stumbling into an Oregon page near the belotti-chip transition. They had an otherwise cool graphic up showing their starting offense and defense. Each player was shown on the field, with their prospect star rating featured prominently alongside it. Really, really gay but their fans loved it.
    We did that here when @Woof was alive but we ranked them individually and had a pooled analysis

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    Woof said:

I'm alive, just mortally wounded from watching a John Donovan offense for 16 games.

I might be 2 years behind, but I could do the Jesse Callier analysis again at some point if people want me to. I built a pretty good setup to do all these surveys. Then I'll probably LEAVE! for another year or so.

Keep on keepin’ on
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

haie said:

It matters because recruiting is a business that revolves around the hype train.

A school that has hyped-recruits checking it out and/or committing is better off in the grand scheme of things than a wallflower school. We're dealing with immature kids. Add in human nature and it's basically advertising and we all know advertising works.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

haie said:

We did that here when @Woof was alive but we ranked them individually and had a pooled analysis

What I was talking about on the Oregon page wasn't anything like that, by the way. This was either a school site or rivals and the graphic showing their rivals ratings was forefront. These were starters, mostly upperclassmen presumably, not a bunch or recruits or first year players.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

Only matters to retards like @46XiJCAB
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

Going up against Stump Van Nostrom everyday in practice... iron sharpens iron, or whatever.
    When I watched him at practice, I looked over to my wife and said "he just mowed over Stump".
    Pics?
  • Options
    Glad we brought the kid from AZ during one of the coldest days of the year