Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington finally levels up, set to take on Clemson for football championship

2»

Comments

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Imagine caring about this
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Color guy. "Recreated in the aggregate."

Someone owes a royalty payment to the E producer of Moneyball. Dude tryin' to sound like he came up with that.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Definitely an awful brain fart mistake from one of the best goalies in the game. Shit happens.

The game was lost by the lack of aggressive play by the offense until it was way too late to matter. Entire first half was UW as the proverbial deer in the headlights, not living up to the moment.

The main drag on soccer as a sport is all the faggy fake dives, pretend injuries, and lawyering around the ref when they get called for a foul. I would throw every mother-fucker who gets in my face out of the game without hesitation. I fucking hate that faggy, whiny shit.

Until they start throwing guys out for fake dives, stopping the clock when a team is obviously time-wasting, especially during substitutions, and punishing the corrupt, phony culture of cheating that pervades soccer around the globe, it will always be a third-world sport in terms of quality and sportsmanship.

Say what you will about American sports fans, but they like things to be fair when they're shelling out $150 to $500 per game for tickets.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Definitely an awful brain fart mistake from one of the best goalies in the game. Shit happens.

The game was lost by the lack of aggressive play by the offense until it was way too late to matter. Entire first half was UW as the proverbial deer in the headlights, not living up to the moment.

The main drag on soccer as a sport is all the faggy fake dives, pretend injuries, and lawyering around the ref when they get called for a foul. I would throw every mother-fucker who gets in my face out of the game without hesitation. I fucking hate that faggy, whiny shit.

Until they start throwing guys out for fake dives, stopping the clock when a team is obviously time-wasting, especially during substitutions, and punishing the corrupt, phony culture of cheating that pervades soccer around the globe, it will always be a third-world sport in terms of quality and sportsmanship.

Say what you will about American sports fans, but they like things to be fair when they're shelling out $150 to $500 per game for tickets.
    I largely agree, although I've learned to live with it. I grew up a football addict, watching at least a half dozen games per week, etc., and I had that "soccer is for sissies" attitude throughout because that's what I thought I needed to have to be cool and because I never really gave the game a chance. Then one of my buddies made the varsity team and I started going to his games: total convert. Watching a high-level high school game is an amazingly good time. No dives, no bitching at the refs, very physical, and players who are good enough that you're watching the game being played how it's meant to be played.

I tried parlaying this newfound joy of watching the game into getting into the professional/international game, but that's where I ran into the same problems you have: The game is amazing, I just can't get behind the pervasive--hell, encouraged--lack of sportsmanship and honor. It's a culture shock going from having your shoulder dislocated on-field and playing three plays with one arm until it works back into place to falling down in the box and crying like a bitch to draw a foul.

Again, I've learned to live with it because the game is too enjoyable to abandon over one pitiful aspect, but I've been proposing the easy fix for years now: Force injured players to come off the field like in EVERY other sport. If an injured player must leave the field for ten minutes or be substituted for, there would immediately be no faked injuries and delays. That would be it. The counterargument that players would be out to intentionally injure opponents to gain advantage is stupid, as there are already penalties and cards to prevent such acts. Throw another referee or two on the field if it helps ward that shit off.

I've watched one or two Huskies games this year after I heard they were good. The college game sure looks both more physical and less cynical than the pros. It's not a bad product.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I largely agree, although I've learned to live with it. I grew up a football addict, watching at least a half dozen games per week, etc., and I had that "soccer is for sissies" attitude throughout because that's what I thought I needed to have to be cool and because I never really gave the game a chance. Then one of my buddies made the varsity team and I started going to his games: total convert. Watching a high-level high school game is an amazingly good time. No dives, no bitching at the refs, very physical, and players who are good enough that you're watching the game being played how it's meant to be played.

I tried parlaying this newfound joy of watching the game into getting into the professional/international game, but that's where I ran into the same problems you have: The game is amazing, I just can't get behind the pervasive--hell, encouraged--lack of sportsmanship and honor. It's a culture shock going from having your shoulder dislocated on-field and playing three plays with one arm until it works back into place to falling down in the box and crying like a bitch to draw a foul.

Again, I've learned to live with it because the game is too enjoyable to abandon over one pitiful aspect, but I've been proposing the easy fix for years now: Force injured players to come off the field like in EVERY other sport. If an injured player must leave the field for ten minutes or be substituted for, there would immediately be no faked injuries and delays. That would be it. The counterargument that players would be out to intentionally injure opponents to gain advantage is stupid, as there are already penalties and cards to prevent such acts. Throw another referee or two on the field if it helps ward that shit off.

I've watched one or two Huskies games this year after I heard they were good. The college game sure looks both more physical and less cynical than the pros. It's not a bad product.
    Its going to take time, maybe decades, to "Americanize" the game, unfortunately. Replay will help, but it will also be overused like it is in football.

I can't stand all the fucking flops, whether its guys or gals. Fans deserve better than that shit. Same with burning all the injury time on substitutions. Alexi Lalas will say "that's just part of the game." Yeah, well, that's also what ruins the fucking game, Alexi, and makes it more corrupt than a Tijuana Narcotics Cop and relegates it to permanent third-world status.

For a game that frequently produces a score of 1-0, it needs to be sanitized and top players like Neimar need to be red-carded for their fake, insulting, corrupt flops in the penalty box. Trouble is, hometown fans all over the globe cheer when the fraud is rewarded, and so many refs are on-the-take in so many countries, or fear getting decapitated (Hi Brazil!) if they aren't, it's a fucking parade of slum-raised, ghetto-ass players with no regard for anyone who plays the game straight. In fact, they mock such players and treat them like fools.

Then there's all those fat sweaty pasty loser Sounder fans with all their stupid pseudo "wannabe Man U" chants clogging up the bars in Pioneer Square, enjoying the only social life they have, pretending to be part of something NOGAF about.

Kreist. Soccer is just Depressing.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I grew in a soccer household and not an American soccer household but a no-shit, my dad actually got paid money and had a CONTRACT to play for a team in Italy before coming to the states soccer household.

I hate watching this fucking game. It's boring. The flops make it worse. Even old man Nacho hates the flops. It makes a boring game even more difficult to watch.

Why the fuck are we talking about soccer on a fucking football bored?

FMFYFE

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I really agree, even if I learned to live with it. I have been in touch with football since I was a child, watching at least six games a week, etc. I still keep the meaning of "chocolate sister" because it means I think I should be calm, because I have. .Never pay for sports opportunities. Then a friend of mine joined a school team, and I started watching his game: a complete change. Watching high school games is high school fun. No need, no criticism from the referee, positive energy, good players watching the game.

I'm trying to change this new love of sports in professional and international sports, but I'm struggling with a problem like yours: good games, I can't live in the world, keep it up. -there is no competition and no respect. These are cultural things, from swimming and playing three to five games on the field until you get back to where you started and went into the boxes, yelling and injuring the cock.

At the same time, I learned to be patient because the game is fun and can reveal the sad side, but over the years I have found a simple solution: like any other sport, it can strengthen injured players off the court. If the injured player leaves the field for ten minutes or is released, it is not a negligent injury and it is too late. that's all. It is absurd to say that players will be intentionally harmed for profit, because there are punishments and cards to prevent this behavior. If this assistance avoids this situation, please grant one or two licenses to the court.

I saw one or two huskies this year, I was very happy. Speaking of professional sports, college sports look awesome and beautiful. This is not a bad product.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why dis thred here? Isn't there a board just for fags who like soccer? (Yeah, I know that's redundant.)
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I grew in a soccer household and not an American soccer household but a no-shit, my dad actually got paid money and had a CONTRACT to play for a team in Italy before coming to the states soccer household.

I hate watching this fucking game. It's boring. The flops make it worse. Even old man Nacho hates the flops. It makes a boring game even more difficult to watch.

Why the fuck are we talking about soccer on a fucking football bored?

FMFYFE