Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,356 Swaye's Wigwam
    Hate to break it to everyone but other than a few top guys who wouldn't consider UW anyway, it looks like most of Oregon's commits and current players are insinuating they're staying. Remember when Jimmy kept every single commit from the greatest class of all time in 2019?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,719 Swaye's Wigwam
    He's going to need to recruit better than the best class in the Pac-12 if he hopes to beat Utah, Stanford, Cal, Oregon State...
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,624
    It's nice that they are bleeding recruits and UW took a smaller class last year while only having 9 commits so far. Would love to pick up at least Iuli and a few of their DB commits.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,034

Hate to break it to everyone but other than a few top guys who wouldn't consider UW anyway, it looks like most of Oregon's commits and current players are insinuating they're staying. Remember when Jimmy kept every single commit from the greatest class of all time in 2019?

They've already dropped from the #1 class in the PAC12 and I bet the keep dropping.

I don't care if their "top guys" don't consider UW... I'm content knowing they're no longer Oregon commits.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

And?
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    If this keeps up and recruits keep dropping the Ducks will end up with a UW best type class.
    edited December 2021
    I may have been a bit dramatic and underplaying what Oregon will lose. For all the hype, their class was that weirdo 5* OL from Texas, McMillan and a bunch of forgettable mid-to-low 4 stars and 3 stars so dropping those top guys and hopefully no longer closing with guys like Cyrus Moss will sting them. I was a little surprised to see Roberts at least publicly showed his commitment to Oregon.

Which brings up - has anyone heard about Salavea staying there or not. Duck fans said he's a shitty recruiter but he's been incredible at WSU and Oregon getting the most out of JAGGY interior DL on the roster (especially this year). I'd love to get him out of there unless they replace him with like Tosh or Coach O.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

46XiJCAB said:

If this keeps up and recruits keep dropping the Ducks will end up with a UW best type class.

1988 and 1989 were the backbone of the national champions

Oregon remains shut out from that kind of a class

Their best recruiting ever got them a CCG blowout loss

Good luck the rest of the way

Your trip in the way back machine has brought me to fond memories of this series.

Where true hatred was invigorating

After Oregon wins in 87' and 88', the Huskies renewed recruiting efforts paid off in 91'

I stand corrected.

This series may actually become entertaining again.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,058 Founders Club

Which brings up - has anyone heard about Salavea staying there or not. Duck fans said he's a shitty recruiter but he's been incredible at WSU and Oregon getting the most out of JAGGY interior DL on the roster (especially this year). I'd love to get him out of there unless they replace him with like Tosh or Coach O.

I haven’t checked to see if the people at the Golden Corral have the inside scoop on Fat Joe’s plans for the future. I assume they will be the first to know in order to notify his new Golden Corral location staff.

By all means, please take him and let him ‘develop’ all the JAGs you want. He developed Jordon Scott all the way from freshman All-American to the bench. I hope the intern that Jimmy Lake hired in order to expedite his firing and buyout was able to recruit some JAGs for him to develop, because Fat Joe doesn’t do that either.

First team DT/DE Brandon Dorlus was recruited by Cort Dennison, he managed to SQUEEZE that one out when recruiting a LB who was too dumb to last a year, went to JuCo, and then was too dumb to make it at the FCS school he went to. People know that Cort doesn’t give up, his pursuit is maniacal some might say, and he got Dorlus to not go to Virginia Tech by explaining it’s not 1999 and showing him Braxton Buttmeister highlights.

Popo was recruited by Mark Helfrich and Brady Hoke, who took his commitment thinking he was being offered a huge Po’boy sandwich. Popo lost about 80 pounds, so I’m thinking someone else was coaching him. The only other promising DT was the guy who was dropped by Bama when he went from fringe 5-star to fat enough to be asked to be an offensive lineman that enrolls late, which is Bama’s version of Urban Meyer pretending he doesn’t know his commit’s name during his official visit. Big Joe didn’t recruit him either, Bobby Williams accidentally stumbled into him while trying to find the AARP discount rack at the Piggly Wiggly.

Maybe Fat Joe is able to recruit Polynesians. He must threaten their families by telling them he will go to their ancestral island and sink it below sea level by the added weight of his arrival. JTT’s family didn’t give a fuck, despite papa having grown up in an adjacent shack or something. I would love for Washington to hire him, it saves Oregon money on the buyout for the SECOND HIGHEST PAID DL COACH IN THE COUNTRY and blesses you with a never ending supply of recruits who aren’t good enough to be JAGs.
    I like this Joe guy. Sounds like we have a lot in common.
    edited December 2021

I haven’t checked to see if the people at the Golden Corral have the inside scoop on Fat Joe’s plans for the future. I assume they will be the first to know in order to notify his new Golden Corral location staff.

By all means, please take him and let him ‘develop’ all the JAGs you want. He developed Jordon Scott all the way from freshman All-American to the bench. I hope the intern that Jimmy Lake hired in order to expedite his firing and buyout was able to recruit some JAGs for him to develop, because Fat Joe doesn’t do that either.

First team DT/DE Brandon Dorlus was recruited by Cort Dennison, he managed to SQUEEZE that one out when recruiting a LB who was too dumb to last a year, went to JuCo, and then was too dumb to make it at the FCS school he went to. People know that Cort doesn’t give up, his pursuit is maniacal some might say, and he got Dorlus to not go to Virginia Tech by explaining it’s not 1999 and showing him Braxton Buttmeister highlights.

Popo was recruited by Mark Helfrich and Brady Hoke, who took his commitment thinking he was being offered a huge Po’boy sandwich. Popo lost about 80 pounds, so I’m thinking someone else was coaching him. The only other promising DT was the guy who was dropped by Bama when he went from fringe 5-star to fat enough to be asked to be an offensive lineman that enrolls late, which is Bama’s version of Urban Meyer pretending he doesn’t know his commit’s name during his official visit. Big Joe didn’t recruit him either, Bobby Williams accidentally stumbled into him while trying to find the AARP discount rack at the Piggly Wiggly.

Maybe Fat Joe is able to recruit Polynesians. He must threaten their families by telling them he will go to their ancestral island and sink it below sea level by the added weight of his arrival. JTT’s family didn’t give a fuck, despite papa having grown up in an adjacent shack or something. I would love for Washington to hire him, it saves Oregon money on the buyout for the SECOND HIGHEST PAID DL COACH IN THE COUNTRY and blesses you with a never ending supply of recruits who aren’t good enough to be JAGs.
    Okay, you must of been the guy shitting on him during JTT's recruitment. I thought WSU's defensive front went from laughable to having a string of Pac-12 DPOY guys while he was there. I thought Jordon Scott was good until his senior year but maybe it was just because he always won the Godzilla vs. King Kong of short interior linemen their fanbases hate between him and Nick Harris every year.

Dorlus looks good despite being a fringe recruit and reminds me of Onwuzurike. He was invaluable this year. No idea how or why Popo was good but not surprising he was a Helfrich guy. Those still seem to be your best players outside of the obviously going to be good guys with limited development like Thibodeaux and Sewell. Wait...you're telling me Joe didn't land Thibs?

All in all, Salavae'a can stay in Eugene or maybe they have some good grub in Corvallis. I guess it shows he's never been hired away as a DC anywhere.