Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL Jilted Duck fan reaction thread

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    ntxduck said:

Duck fans are fucking dumb. This is the one job he’d always leave for if open. Congrats to Mario. Taggart played at WKU and acted like he was an FSU alumni.

A good opportunity for Oregon to upgrade. But mullens gonna be introducing Wilcox by Friday afternoon

I hope not. Joe Brady or Kellen Moore would be amazing
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    has anyone heard from pweston? his last vid...twash as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m77CuK_v5p0

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sources said:

ntxduck said:

Duck fans are fucking dumb. This is the one job he’d always leave for if open. Congrats to Mario. Taggart played at WKU and acted like he was an FSU alumni.

A good opportunity for Oregon to upgrade. But mullens gonna be introducing Wilcox by Friday afternoon

Kellen Moore is not an option for Oregon. HTH
    Why?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Miami is being run right now by a bunch of boosters masquerading as BOD members for the school. Healthcare millionaires which is where Miami gets its big support from. Decisions are being made without an AD. Supposedly they are about to sign another Miami grad out of Clemson to run the department. I have to seriously question his sanity as well. Who would go into a job knowing you had zero to do with the simultaneous hiring of a football coach? Does this AD actually believe that he is going to be able to run his department while making his own decisions?

Lets take this another integrity angle step further. Diaz is being left dangling in the wind while MC supposedly makes a decision. Does MC think this is a good thing for his profession? Does he think this is appropriate? Is he dumb enough to believe the healthcare boosters won't do the exact same thing to him in 4 years? The alumni of Miami are a well know entitled group. 20-30 years ago their program was relevant and like the nutlickers to the north of Oregon, they continue to act that way even though there has been marginal success. These alumni are brutal on coaches, I hope MC is ready for that.

Then we can get into the past corruption at Miami, bad behavior, blah blah blah.

If MC wants out of Oregon so bad then fly Mario, fly. If things are so bad here, then by all means head home to Miami. No hurt feelings.

I have spent more time in Miami than anyone I know who doesn't live there. Been on the Miami campus 20+ times. Worked with the Miami/FL Extension on crop and pesticide chemistry for 8 years. Miami and Eugene could not be more polar opposites, we are talking North and South Pole polar opposites. The schools are marginal, there is way more crime, the kids grow up awfully fast there, traffic is hardly bearable (the worst drivers in the entire country) and if you think a nice place in Oregon is expensive, check out the prices in Coral Gables.

The campus has some pretty parts to it but for the most part it is a city PSU type campus. I will say that they have a small lake on campus with fountains and if you go there at night it is lit up and is pretty beautiful. Some of the ball fields for the AD on the Southern most part of campus are actually curved. They are curved because they had to try and fit them in on a land locked campus. The Hard Rock is literally 20 miles away. That is 20 miles through some pretty horrendous traffic. My customers son was a punter on the team and he laughs because depending on traffic it could take up to an hour for the team buses to arrive at the stadium.

There are some rough areas down there. Recruiting in those areas is a bit sketchy but one cannot deny the talent. MC will have no problems recruiting like he does in Eugene. We aren't Washington State tough but lets be honest, getting kids from all over the country to go to Eugene is not piece of cake.

The Cuban difference is clear. Our friends in Miami are all Cuban and we love the culture and they absolutely love Miami, I understand that draw and connection from MC. There is nothing like the social life the Cuban community has in Miami. The parties are awesome. Pig roasts, late night dancing in a friends back yard, the food, drink, my wife and I fell in love with the community. If I could take that group of friends and move them here to the beach in GA, I would.

I say all this because if MC is interested in going to Miami, with all the differences, the challenges, uprooting his family which has clearly made a happy home in Eugene, then he needs to get out and we need to find a coach who is appreciative and does not treat this as a stepping stone. No hard feelings. I get it Mario.

With the lack of integrity and patience the school is showing right now, Mario will be treated the same as current coach Diaz and will be out before the end of 4 years. Very similar to the used car salesman who occupied his position before his departure to Florida State.

Will I have a problem if MC stays? No. Do I think he is at this point and time a good game coach? No. Do I believe he can put enough talent on the field to compete? Absolutely. Do I think like JHOP that the program is going to fall apart "for years"? Absolutely not. We had a two year drop when the used car salesman left. The only thing that surprises me is that the guy who lobbied so hard for the position is now threatening to leave for an opportunity that in my opinion is inferior which at some level makes me question his common sense.

disagree
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

ntxduck said:

Kellen Moore is not an option for Oregon. HTH
    Why?
    He's in line to be an NFL coach and has no interest in recruiting.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

has anyone heard from pweston? his last vid...twash as fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m77CuK_v5p0

Does he fart at the 1:02 mark?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm actually kinda disappointed in @TheRealUODuckGirl

Was hoping for some whining
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    FireCohen said:

Double penetration
    Yeah that's the joke
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,044
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021

dtd said:

Good LORD you guys care a lot.

You new here? The only thing more entertaining than us sucking, is you sucking. And you are plummeting faster than we ever thought possible.
    WTF? We? went from losing Nattys to Mark Helfrich and THIS is plummeting? The shitty coach left, and some recruits that he would have never developed are leaving too. Breaking some eggs. He was 14-6, about to be 14-7, since Herbie(I like to call him Herbie, it's what I do) left. The odds they find someone about as good are pretty decent.

Don Pellum was plummeting, you fucking doog.

Your bowel gayme is Oregon losing to Oklahoma.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t think it will be a long search. Mullens must have been prepared. We need to salvage what is left of our recruiting class. Nice of CMC to have dropped this big turd with the early signining period days away right after spending time in the living room of important recruits serving up bullshit to them. Also thanks Mario for crapping on us after our main rivals have already picked off two choice coaches. FMC

Lots of WE in this post. I thought you were a Beav.