Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

johnbFS says...

DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
that he's in wait and see mode with Chris Petersen and the way he handles the Cyler Miles situation will determine his ultimate opinion of him. Not wins and losses, but how he handles one suspended kid. He also notes how Sark was always fair and consistent in his discipline.

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Peterman goes 7-6, we should blame it on Hugh Millen, blaming Keith Price, and excusing Jak Lockner because he played for Try, who just needed more cock. . .

That about it?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I don't mind the wait and see opinion on Petersen really. What I do mind though is most of the people in wait and see mode on Petersen are the same fucktards who crowned Sarkisian's ass after his initial KICK ASS! presser and would continue to defend his mediocrity up until the second he bolted for USC.

Just like Hugh Millen's critique of Keith Price I would find annoying but the fact this is the same guy who gave Lockner a passing grade after going 4-20 against Nebraska just fucking annoys me.

I already know the Doogman script will be if Petersen god forbid goes 8-5 the narrative will be "See he's just not ready for big time football. Sarkisian had this program going the right way and it's too bad he left".

If Petersen wins 10 games or more"Well Sarkisian had the program going in the right direction and would have gone 11-2. He was basically 11-2 last year and 9-4 the year prior. He had the program going in the right direction and left Petersen with one of the most talented teams we have seen".

In every position preview Doogman has done so far they've made sure to point out how talented that group is that Sarkisian is leaving behind. I've never heard so much praise about a former coach in my life.

For me the big questions will be: Are the blowouts over? (and) Are we in every game?

Sark was always good for getting completely steamrolled at least twice per year. It just left you with the feeling that we were a good mediocre team, and that's all we were going to be.

Even if we beat usc in 2009 and stanford in 2011, I just never thought that he was assembling a team that would consistently be in every game. Never.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

With all due respect to Miles, he plays a position that I just can't sit there and have a ton of sympathy for doing something completely fucktarded and even if you weren't "doing" the fucktardedness, you showed a total and complete lack of leadership by not getting the individual that did away from the situation.

Leadership is a huge "skill" when it comes to playing the QB position. If you don't have it, you can't be a good one.

And time will tell if he learned anything from the situation or not.

You're reading a whole lot into his leadership abilities from one decision. You're assuming because he didn't exercise good leadership that doesn't mean he has leadership skills. I think that's a massive overassumption. Every good leader I know has been in situations where they made bad leadership choices. Sometimes a bad choice with major consequences like this is exactly what unleashes that leadership inside. It's certainly possible we'll see him make major leadership strides after this.

I'm not saying Miles is a great leader, I have no idea. But then, neither do you.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    With all due respect to Miles, he plays a position that I just can't sit there and have a ton of sympathy for doing something completely fucktarded and even if you weren't "doing" the fucktardedness, you showed a total and complete lack of leadership by not getting the individual that did away from the situation.

Leadership is a huge "skill" when it comes to playing the QB position. If you don't have it, you can't be a good one.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sarkophants?
    Swaye said:

Doogs just can't quit Sark. They are too invested in defending him for several years to ever let him go. No hope for them. Jagged flint napalm mudslide is required.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    DNC is right that neither him or I have a true read on Miles' ability to be a leader.

But on the other hand, what we do have is evidence that he didn't get himself or a teammate out of a bad position not once in an evening, but twice that led to an investigation and charges.

I also agree with you that he's got an opportunity to learn and improve from this. But at the same time, I'm not so sure that he will get that opportunity at the UW.

You are also right that many crash and burn and use those experiences to be better in the long run. But most of the time, the implementation of those learnings comes from a second or third opportunity.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    All I know is that I will let Chris Petersen decide what is best, and not JohnB....

Fuck.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    We are all in LIPO mode with Petersen. At least so far he has avoided coming off as a complete fuckstick of a person (as in someone who has their priorities straight).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

DNC is right that neither him or I have a true read on Miles' ability to be a leader.

But on the other hand, what we do have is evidence that he didn't get himself or a teammate out of a bad position not once in an evening, but twice that led to an investigation and charges.

I also agree with you that he's got an opportunity to learn and improve from this. But at the same time, I'm not so sure that he will get that opportunity at the UW.

You are also right that many crash and burn and use those experiences to be better in the long run. But most of the time, the implementation of those learnings comes from a second or third opportunity.

I posted this in another thread. Jameis Winston and Ben Rothlesberger say hi. I'm sure Michael Vick was no choir boy. Neither was Johnny Manziel. Not everyone needs to be Russell Wilson.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

JohnB is a minion of Kim. His posts are there only to fulfill Kim's agenda. Ecklund at least has his recruiting thing outside of being a butt sniffer but JohnB is the chief butt sniffer, echoing Kim's fucktarded and false thoughts about what is really going on. The guy is totally fucking clueless and has been wrong about everything...just like Kim.

THIS. Guys like JohnB are around so Kim can feel better about himself. He needs fucktards to continue to further his agenda as most of his site if full of minions who don't know any better.
  • Options
    NotTheCaseNotTheCase Member Posts: 28
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Either way it will be interesting . . . Fuck me, I'm confused after reading that.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

I don't mind the wait and see opinion on Petersen really. What I do mind though is most of the people in wait and see mode on Petersen are the same fucktards who crowned Sarkisian's ass after his initial KICK ASS! presser and would continue to defend his mediocrity up until the second he bolted for USC.

Just like Hugh Millen's critique of Keith Price I would find annoying but the fact this is the same guy who gave Lockner a passing grade after going 4-20 against Nebraska just fucking annoys me.

I already know the Doogman script will be if Petersen god forbid goes 8-5 the narrative will be "See he's just not ready for big time football. Sarkisian had this program going the right way and it's too bad he left".

If Petersen wins 10 games or more"Well Sarkisian had the program going in the right direction and would have gone 11-2. He was basically 11-2 last year and 9-4 the year prior. He had the program going in the right direction and left Petersen with one of the most talented teams we have seen".

In every position preview Doogman has done so far they've made sure to point out how talented that group is that Sarkisian is leaving behind. I've never heard so much praise about a former coach in my life.

Exactly. I don't mind the wait and see approach either. That's what it should be for every coach. But johnb is the same guy who did jumping jacks after sark's kick ass presser, bragged about free pub when he abandoned recruiting for a month and still makes excuses for sark to this day. And on top of that, he's not skeptical of Peetamus because of a valid reason. It's the way he's handled the Miles situation. Fucking moron.

That, and he banned me from chat 20+ times for basically nothing and at least twice for saying damn.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Really confused on the talent comments we keep hearing. Are we more talented than 4 years ago? Sure. But, look at the roster:

DBs - thin. Marcus Peters then everyone else. Hoping Jermaine Kelly is a stud & counting on Budda Baker, an incoming freshman, to be answer at safety. That doesn't seem like abundance.

LBs - Shaq...yes, Feeney is a question mark. Can he stay healthy? Timu is still an avg tackler at best. Is there potential with Victor, O'brien, Bierra? Yes, but needs to be proven. Better than DBs but...

DL is fine. Mid-tier PAC-12 at worst...maybe 3 or 4 at best. I'll take it.

OL - return everyone. Run blocking was fine. Pass blocking sucked for 2 years at least. Any Improvement is the result of improved coaching. Sark gets no credit if the OL improves. Remember, going into last year they all said the OL would be better...I didn't see it. The big improvement was tempo and the ball coming out in 2 secs on bubble screens.

QB - talent with zero experience. How is that a better sichy?

WR - a mess without Kasen. String had a ton of potential but who knows. 2 scant backs and DiAndre Campbell...improvement?

RB - not better with Sankey leaving. Fact.

TE - unproven talent except Hartvingson who is service... I actually like the talent here.

I'm still optimistic for the season because the coaching will be better...and that's enough for me. I trust this staff more than any in a decade.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

JohnB is a minion of Kim. His posts are there only to fulfill Kim's agenda. Ecklund at least has his recruiting thing outside of being a butt sniffer but JohnB is the chief butt sniffer, echoing Kim's fucktarded and false thoughts about what is really going on. The guy is totally fucking clueless and has been wrong about everything...just like Kim.

isn't John "I'm a player in this town" Bays another shitty realtor?