Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you know how many coaches don’t make 9 mil/per?

MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
edited December 2021 in Duck Refuge
Why give it to this guy?

If you’re willing to go that high you can almost pick your coach of choice.

This is going to be a grave error if he accepts this alleged contract.

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Why give it to this guy?

I’m not worried about Mario leaving. He’s not a very good coach and the offensive product is unwatchable even when winning. What I am worried about is mullens botching the hire, especially in a high turnover year where the top candidates are mostly off the board already. If he was a good AD, he’d take the 9m/year he was going to give Mario and give it to lane train. But it’s mullens so he’ll view it as cost savings and give Wilcox 2.7/year and claim it as a win
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Why give it to this guy?

I’m not worried about Mario leaving. He’s not a very good coach and the offensive product is unwatchable even when winning. What I am worried about is mullens botching the hire, especially in a high turnover year where the top candidates are mostly off the board already. If he was a good AD, he’d take the 9m/year he was going to give Mario and give it to lane train. But it’s mullens so he’ll view it as cost savings and give Wilcox 2.7/year and claim it as a win
    The landscape has changed since we last needed to go outside for a hire and I don’t think it’s Mullens making the final decisions.

Big Kiffers would be an amazing hire even if only for a few years. Keeps Oregon relevant and I’m sure he’d love to stick it up Trojan rectum.

If Oregon hires Wilcox we might as well not even play the games. I can’t imagine they’d let him anywhere near that program.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’ve always been 50/50 on MC. A+ recruiter, C+ coach. Obvious that his coordinators are on a short leash. Doesn’t maximize talent. Had JH and made him pedestrian.

Brand of ball is sleep inducing. Loyal to a fault. AB. This was the year to develop TT and set up for 2022 and opening with UGA. There are FR QB’s playing around the country. Inexcusable not getting him snaps this year.

As far as a possible replacements if MC leaves. This isn’t a UW situation. The roster is talented and the youngest in the country, with success. Mullins had better not F it up if a new hire is necessary.
  • Options
    MC wants 12 play tuff guy drives so there's 12 opportunities to turn the ball over, rather than 4-5 plays and an explosion TD. Did he watch what Bama just did to the greatest D that CFB has ever seen today? His old boss changed with the times, MC has an OL mindset. Oregon ruled this conference with 3-4 star guys and real coaching. I will be more disappointed if he doesn't bolt. Duck football is dreck. Attendance says so.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

MC wants 12 play tuff guy drives so there's 12 opportunities to turn the ball over, rather than 4-5 plays and an explosion TD. Did he watch what Bama just did to the greatest D that CFB has ever seen since the 1991 Washington Huskies today? His old boss changed with the times, MC has an OL mindset. Oregon ruled this conference with 3-4 star guys and real coaching. I will be more disappointed if he doesn't bolt. Duck football is dreck. Attendance says so.

fixed that for you
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2021
    Oregon has 20, ahem, TWENTY players at just the skill positions on offense who were rated a 247 composite 4 star.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

46XiJCAB said:

MC wants 12 play tuff guy drives so there's 12 opportunities to turn the ball over, rather than 4-5 plays and an explosion TD. Did he watch what Bama just did to the greatest D that CFB has ever seen since the 1991 Washington Huskies today? His old boss changed with the times, MC has an OL mindset. Oregon ruled this conference with 3-4 star guys and real coaching. I will be more disappointed if he doesn't bolt. Duck football is dreck. Attendance says so.

fixed that for you
    How do you think the 1991 Husky D would do against the size and speed of today’s offenses?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    dtd said:

Oregon has 20, ahem, TWENTY players at just the skill positions on offense who were rated a 247 composite 4 star.

With a -**** QB to guide them. Thanks MC. Makes the job that much more attractive for their new HC.
  • Options
    This thread is my dream come true.
  • Options
    dtd said:

The conference hasn't been worse than it is right now in 40 years, and maybe even more, but I wasn't around, yet Mario still makes winning here look like an absolutely massive struggle. Nothing comes easy for his teams. The defense, while statistically decent, is the anti-clutch, they just can't get off the field. It's the time honored "bend but don't break" which is really just code for "sucks". The song remains the same and it starts and ends with the head coach.

The offense is a disaster. I dgaf about the stats. When Herbert broke his collarbone vs CAL in 2017, Oregon proceeded to run for 250 yards a game against UW, Stanford, UCLA, and Utah, the 4 best rush defenses in the conference, WITH BRAXTON BURMEISTER AT QB. But Willy Taggart was a bad coach. Seriously, stop and think about that. Now we run for 162 yards a game at 4.3 ypc and talk about how physical we are. Announcers talk about how committed to the run Oregon is, and how nice that is to see in this day and age. 10 years ago Nick Saban was running 12 personnel or a fullback half the time, and now they throw for 400 yards a game, because get this: big plays win games. Oregon is pedestrian as fuck on offense, for no other reason than our head coach is too fucking stuck in his tuffguy ways to allow anything else. Go fucking coach at Iowa, they'll eat that shit up. You actually have a roster at Oregon littered with high end skill position talent.

The INSTANT Cristobal took over this team he destroyed the culture of what had been nationally one of the most successful, nifty, prolific offenses of the modern CFB era. There is zero creativity, zero passion, he destroyed everything about what made Oregon great, all in the name of lunch pail tuffness, as if LMJ and co weren't tuff. As if Snoop and Droughs and MoMo weren't tuff, etc, etc, etc. So now we hang our hat on 8 minute 4th quarter drives in 1 score games against teams we should be blowing the fuck out. "what a great drive to seal the game!" That's what he's reduced us to. Shut the fuck up, it was CAL.

Why the FUCK would you come to OREGON and change the OFFENSE!? You stupid fucking idiot asshole. CMC is the perfect "just want to go 6-6 every year in the SEC" coach for Arkansas or Mississippi St.

The team will perpetually be worse than the sum of its parts for no reason other than the coach being a stupid fucking meathead. The only thing Oregon is committed to with Cristobal at head coach, is sucking ass. Sooner or later recruits are going to figure it out as well.

I’m going to paint all of this on the sides and back of my van.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    trublue said:

46XiJCAB said:

fixed that for you
    How do you think the 1991 Husky D would do against the size and speed of today’s offenses?
    WOULD THE '86 BEARS STAND A CHANCE AGAINST BRADY AND THE BUCS???

TUNE IN TO ESPN 6 TO HEAR STEPHEN A SMITH AND JOY REID DEBATE!
  • Options
    Duck fans on SM all upset at MC for negotiating with the U. If you liked the product on the field this year, your expectations are very low. He’s not a $8-9M HC. Let Miami overpay him.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

ntxduck said:

Why give it to this guy?

The landscape has changed since we last needed to go outside for a hire and I don’t think it’s Mullens making the final decisions.

Big Kiffers would be an amazing hire even if only for a few years. Keeps Oregon relevant and I’m sure he’d love to stick it up Trojan rectum.

If Oregon hires Wilcox we might as well not even play the games. I can’t imagine they’d let him anywhere near that program.
    Lane Train, or Gundy would also be an interesting replacement.
  • Options
    I’d like to see an offensive minded guy. One that believes in the forward pass beyond 5 yards.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

Why give it to this guy?

Lane Train, or Gundy would also be an interesting replacement.
    Gundy lol
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Coaches can be so fickell.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I actually think Kellen Moore would be intriguing
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Husky fans have a very SELECTIVE memory.

It has been hilarious following the meltdown this season of the Doogs on this site this season.

The hate and jealousy of Oregon brings back a lot of mem
  • Options
    trublue said:

Husky fans have a very SELECTIVE memory.

It has been hilarious following the meltdown this season of the Doogs on this site this season.

The hate and jealousy of Oregon brings back a lot of mem

16-4.