Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Pacers are a fucking joke

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Even with adding Bynum and Turner it still makes no sense to me how they went from being a capable offense (good enough to where they can win with it night in night out with their defense) to an absolute dreckfest.

Paul George all of a sudden doesn't know how to shoot the basketball. He fucking killed me down the stretch in fantasy basketball.

Bynum only played in like 2 or 3 games for Indiana.

He's a cancer in the locker room though. The damage has been done. The cancer has won.
    Kudos for the part about the cancer won. I don't think a guy that has played in two games can damage a team that much. Bynum also has won two championships. Being a cancer on a shitty team like the Cavs is kind of understandable.

Just wanted to use the Cancer has won line. I don't believe in team chemistry myself. My take on team chemistry is when teams start losing the media starts to say team chemistry is bad, when teams win they say it's great. I mean there are some cases where team chemistry is very much real such as 2004 Lakers but mostly it's overblown.

Just look at the Heat in recent years? How many times have their been stories that they aren't getting along behind the scenes? Especially those first two years.
    THIS
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc is quoting posts from the future now.

Mods?

Devs?

Staff?

Clendon?

I don't see what's wrong with quoting future posts. He's probably just honing his prophet skills.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Chemistry does matter ... but only so much.

If you have good chemistry I do think that you're willing to play more unselfishly and play for each other more than most normally would. There's definitely people that are driven more by not failing others than by failing themselves.

I don't think that you have to have particularly good chemistry if you can leave all the BS in the locker room and play the game the right way. However, as soon as the pettiness and BS hits the court, you definitely aren't going to get optimal play. That's not saying that you can't win ... but you clearly aren't going to be as dominant.

I don't know what is wrong with the Pacers right now. Earlier in the season they definitely looked like a good chemistry team. It looks like there's a little bit of a situation where you got guys possibly getting a big head and not handling success well (see Paul George sending out pics of his dong). Also looks like there's just some of it tied to perhaps fatigue and not playing well. The few games of theirs that I've seen lately it looks like they are getting good shots but just not making them.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Jesus...The Hawks ran them off the floor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Pacers are a fucking mess. I would suggest that Boobs would have fired Frank Vogel by now but even that won't do it.

Portland dodged a bullet with Hibbert.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm hoping they lose game 2 and Larry Bird fires Vogel and coaches game 3.
  • Options

I'm hoping they lose game 2 and Larry Bird fires Vogel and coaches game 3.

I actually suggested that in the middle of the 2011 finals with Riley and Spoelstra. LOL.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I doubt a coaching change would do anything. Chemistry is hard to fix and even it they fix that I don't trust them offensively
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

I doubt a coaching change would do anything. Chemistry is hard to fix and even it they fix that I don't trust them offensively

Never bet against The Legend.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Never bet against The Legend.
    THIS. I'm not betting against the only man in the history of man kind to win MVP, Finals MVP, Coach of the year and Exec of the year. A feat that will probably never happen again(Jerry West was the closest).
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'd be shocked if the Legend isn't coaching the Pacers next year.