Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Defensive Scheme

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

fuck kwat
    Why? Produced nothing but great defenses when he was here. Was the first to recognize Jimmy as the incompetent boob he was, and this year's broken D under Bob just further solidified how integral Kwat was to our defensive success.

I don't want him back since we need to completely cleanse ourselves of all things Pete and Jimmy, and I of course enjoyed seeing him and Sark fail epically in Texas. But I'll always love him for the badass Ds he gave us during his tenure here.
    Peas and carrots isn't going to cut it anymore.
    Wouldn't the whole point of hiring Donte Williams as co-DC would be to hire someone like Kwat who is a good defensive mind but not a recruiter? I want to move on from the Petersen tree so I hope we can get someone else but I would not lose sleep if Kwat was hired back here. He won't be so that point is moot but still.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

fuck kwat
    Why? Produced nothing but great defenses when he was here. Was the first to recognize Jimmy as the incompetent boob he was, and this year's broken D under Bob just further solidified how integral Kwat was to our defensive success.

I don't want him back since we need to completely cleanse ourselves of all things Pete and Jimmy, and I of course enjoyed seeing him and Sark fail epically in Texas. But I'll always love him for the badass Ds he gave us during his tenure here.
    Wouldn't the whole point of hiring Donte Williams as co-DC would be to hire someone like Kwat who is a good defensive mind but not a recruiter? I want to move on from the Petersen tree so I hope we can get someone else but I would not lose sleep if Kwat was hired back here. He won't be so that point is moot but still.
    I hate Kwat for the same reasons Race hates Haener

I don't blame him for telling Lake to fuck off but I don't care
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

Sark thinks he can lick Gary's back and get high.
    Post. Of. The. Year.
    I'm surprised it isn't getting moar traction.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

fuck kwat

I hate kwat because his scheme is limp dick football. Texas was a huge disaster on defense this year. It worked before coaches figured it out. It’s like how lambo stayed with the 46 defense way too long.
    At Texas, the head coach is the issue.

Kwait held Bama to 17 points when they averaged 42 PPG
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    edited December 2021

fuck kwat

I hate kwat because his scheme is limp dick football. Texas was a huge disaster on defense this year. It worked before coaches figured it out. It’s like how lambo stayed with the 46 defense way too long.

That was a great defense

By 2019 it wasn't. This year it was pathetic at Texas

I know Lake took over but Kwat agreed to let him have the title and 81 percent here thought it was great

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    As the first Jimmy Lake hatter here, I wouldn't really have a problem bringing Kwat back.

Its a little bit lazy and a bit safe but there are 100s worse DCs DeBoner could pick and it would allow Deboner to simplify his job as Offense and recruiting.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

doogville said:

Will never understand Kwat hitching his wagon to Sark. Dude could have gone to any number of big-time programs.

Perplexing to say the least.

Simple. Jimmy is/was that bad.

Imagine doing all the work for your your subordinate only for him to get promoted to equal "co-DC" and then get a massive HC bag when you know he doesnt know shit, hasn't learned shit, and never did any of the actual work. I dont blame him.
    Same feeling here. I have to admit that Kwat probably made the best choice. He damaged his reputation but that will fade and he made a fuck ton if money doing it. He got away from Jimmy which must've felt like the most important thing to him.

I dont know that I'd want him back. His success was with Petersen as HC. Pete's assistants, for the most part, overperform.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,781
    chuck said:

Houhusky said:

doogville said:

Will never understand Kwat hitching his wagon to Sark. Dude could have gone to any number of big-time programs.

Imagine doing all the work for your your subordinate only for him to get promoted to equal "co-DC" and then get a massive HC bag when you know he doesnt know shit, hasn't learned shit, and never did any of the actual work. I dont blame him.
    Same feeling here. I have to admit that Kwat probably made the best choice. He damaged his reputation but that will fade and he made a fuck ton if money doing it. He got away from Jimmy which must've felt like the most important thing to him.

I dont know that I'd want him back. His success was with Petersen as HC. Pete's assistants, for the most part, overperform.
    Say again?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    chuck said:

LawDawg1 said:

chuck said:

Houhusky said:

doogville said:

Say again?
    His assistants are better under him than they do without him. Jonathan Smith is the only example I can think of that doesn't fit.
    Same with James. We chased his assistants for a decade or more

Gilby was the exception then as an assistant not head coach. Could always coach the O line
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    doogville said:

I could give you $2 million reasons
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    FireCohen said:

fuck kwat

That was a great defense

By 2019 it wasn't. This year it was pathetic at Texas

I know Lake took over but Kwat agreed to let him have the title and 81 percent here thought it was great

2016 d line was one of the better ones we had. Too bad we did not have a fucking edge rusher worth a shit
    We had one and he got hurt
  • AlpoAlpo Member Posts: 98
    FireCohen said:

doogville said:

I could give you $2 million reasons
    Wasn't he making $1.2 here already? So, really, only $800,000 reasons.