Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is where Huard and Haener (and Morris if still around) step up and make each other better

I can understand Huard and his family being irritated or upset, but this is what its all about... competition. This is a chance for Huard (and Morris if he sticks around, I see value in him as a backup if he wants to be a team guy) to improve whether or not he is the starter.

What I saw last Friday probably wasn't a fair evaluation of Huard's skill set ... that being said he needs put in some work. What a great opportunity to learn the system and how it functions properly for one full season under the tutelage of a QB who has prospered in said system.

Who knows... maybe by the end of the 2022 season he will have overtaken Haener...

It is one year and it is a transition year. Do not fear the competition... embrace it.

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam
    I saw Huard show some things that Morris hasn't figured out in two seasons. He sees and feels the pass rush way better for one. He made subtle slide steps and stepped up to avoid guys without having to look at them. He has pocket sense and that's not something I've seen QBs develop when they lack it.

I dont think the job is automatically Haener's and I doubt the Huards are too worried about it. Sam is going to be a RS freshman. He'll either win the job in 22 or be the backup and win it in 23. It's a good situation I assume thats how they see it.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    chuck said:

I saw Huard show some things that Morris hasn't figured out in two seasons. He sees and feels the pass rush way better for one. He made subtle slide steps and stepped up to avoid guys without having to look at them. He has pocket sense and that's not something I've seen QBs develop when they lack it.

I dont think the job is automatically Haener's and I doubt the Huards are too worried about it. Sam is going to be a RS freshman. He'll either win the job in 22 or be the backup and win it in 23. It's a good situation I assume thats how they see it.

I wholeheartedly agree
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    For every QB success transfer story there are 10 Jacob Sirmons/Max Browne/Jake Heaps who try to find a home as a starter and bounce from team to team and fizzle out
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,951 Swaye's Wigwam

For every QB success transfer story there are 10 Jacob Sirmons/Max Browne/Jake Heaps who try to find a home as a starter and bounce from team to team and fizzle out

This is different. He's coming with his coach and probably two of his receivers. It should be a pretty smooth transition for Haener.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,865 Founders Club
    edited December 2021
    Huard should not be afraid of competition or take his ball and go home if he isn't the game 1 starter. Not an issue for me nor is his dad or uncle.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,052 Standard Supporter

Huard should not be afraid of competition or take his ball and go home if he isn't the game 1 starter. Not an issue for me nor is his dad or uncle.

He should go get developed at Fresno and be ready to transfer back and take over in 23.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,865 Founders Club

He should go get developed at Fresno and be ready to transfer back and take over in 23.
    We have discovered an new variant on board memes I believe